LCD Age Of Adepts

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Xravia, Mar 29, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC only needs a week because AI Cheat. Everyone else needs 1-2 months based on talent. And its 2 months off per potion taken.
    This is not a one time expense. Take 6 potions and suddenly you saved yourself 1 whole year of training.
    Also, that is assuming everyone's talent is equal to the MC, where we know there are variances in talent. some have more, some have less.

What is the point of harding points if you are just going to die? spend them to grow stronger

2. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This mission just had 10% mortality rate, and only gave enough points for 1 measly potion.
    Also, this is RED mission, meant for advanced and Pseudo-adepts - while the potion only works for beginners and intermediates, so it is safe to assume that difficulty-appropriate missions give fewer points.

"1 whole year of training" just refers to the Spirit power - but not all the rest of the things that are far more important than muscle mass.
    Would you risk your life 10 times with 10% mortality rate to save just "1 year of training"?

This also rises the question of why are there so few advanced and pseudo-Adepts:
    just daily meditation for the worst talented (.01) apprentice should be enough to get Spirit to 20 (from 0, and people really should have some starting Spirit to begin with) in a bit more than 5 years.
    MC was gimped due to headache, so that explains why he is still a beginner- but what about all the rest of the apprentices?

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  3. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that its because of the scholar system that the tiwer of anderson and the new site has, and the fact that until now we have only seen those 2 regions, the beginning tower wich sucked and was only suitable for dark elements oriented apprentices and the red zone one thats just been introduced, if we look from a higher perspective there are dozens of towers per family wich have from 3 to id say 10 high lvl aprentice and maybe 1 to 3 pseudo adepts and also there are countles families per dominated world. Plus until now we are just starting i remember thath on CD in the first half of the novel rank 9 warriors and mages were hand picked. Then there were hundreds of them per country but there was only few saint lvl ones and so and so until the scope of power got widened.

4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It had 10% mortality rate because the fools split up.
    also, not all missions are equally lucrative
    True. they probably need to do more missions.
    there is probably diminishing returns as they advance. also, there is the fact that the system is designed to be punishing towards adept. deadly missions are mandatory.

They are not doing missions to buy potions. they are doing missions because its mandatory, and then it makes sense for them to buy the potion since it will improve their chances of surviving the next mission

that being said, you have a point that at some stages it makes more sense to avoid missions and meditate and study.
    This is especially true since they often can't meditate while doing missions.

5. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About "forbidding sharing of knowledge" that Anderson enforced.
    We know that apprentices copy notes from the books they borrow.
    So what happens to those notes after the death of their owner? I.e. the one that Mary killed should've had plenty of copied notes - were they "inherited" by his successor?

6. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they were killed by an outsider, he acquires that knowledge.
    If they die within the realm of anderson then the notes are destroyed

7. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But who destroys those notes? Since they have "patrol around tower" missions, it means he doesn't have some way to magically know everything in its vicinity (hell, I seriously doubt he can even investigate all the possible dealings inside his own tower).
    What stops apprentices from bringing their notes outside of tower and exchanging knowledge there?

8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if they are caught they get a fate worse than death from adept anderson. and he has magics that supervise and catch cheaters

it's certainly possible some of gotten away with it though. but the dangers of attempting this is great. main problem is that they are mere apprentices trying to pull a fast one on an official adept

9. Gezis

Gezis 『Maou』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anna lives again. Adept Anderson will try to kill Greem and Mary. Find out why on the next episode(actually later more in the story lol) of AoA!

mrttao likes this.
  10. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really surprising about Anna - author put far too much effort into her character to kill her off so fast.
    As for Anderson - MC needs some kind of push to get him out of his comfort zone, and mandatory missions can't be that frequent to do the job, so it is understandable, too.

mrttao likes this.
  11. Gezis

Gezis 『Maou』

Reading List:
    Link
    He and Mary* got stronger which threatened Anderson's position in the tower so he tried to kill them. Wont tell how it ended though. Let's just say some people got enslaved.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who is anna?
    I am betting he fails to kill them

13. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rogue apprentice adept they just defeated.

14. rheasa

rheasa Unsatiable onee-san

Reading List:
    Link
    The sheer amount of info dump from the first 20 chapters really bugging me

mrttao likes this.
  15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you
    how in the flying fuck does that bitch still live!!!

16. rheasa

rheasa Unsatiable onee-san

Reading List:
    Link
    Is future fight will be like the fight with space lolita where she can literally use her ability unlimitedly?
    I'm in this chapter

17. Gezis

Gezis 『Maou』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know how Anna lived. Fruitfly didn't give me the specifics. As for Anderson, he dies. Btw, I'm the editor as of late. Hahaha please have mercy on my edits. :)

mrttao likes this.
  18. Gezis

Gezis 『Maou』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know. Haven't read that far yet.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  19. Gezis

Gezis 『Maou』

Reading List:
    Link
    The women in this novel can be a handful. Lol.

20. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is why men were born with 2 arms, to handle the women and handle yourself...

emry likes this.