Question Age of Adepts

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Cupcake, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Cupcake

Cupcake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyyyy Minna-san!! This novel is good? worth to read? I saw a "AntiHero" tag, so the MC is not naive i right? Do it have similarities with WMW?

2. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC from AOA is considerably more socially friendly in comparison to Leylin.

But their goals and who stand in their ways are identical.

Limetrix and Cupcake like this.
  3. Cupcake

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

4. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Not naive. Has an AI like WMW. The mages/adept are also heartless and do human experiments. But the MC is kinder than leylin

Cupcake likes this.
  5. Charles83

Charles83 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For myself it has its good points and bad points, I havent seen the main guy become as evil as the guy in WMW, but so far the guy is trapped in an extremely bad situation and it doesn't look like getting out will be nice, second the guy cares for other people and not only himself, (another positive for me), also last but not least while the guy has an AI microchip is the first novel that does not use the microchip for darkness/necromancer powers, since the main characters goes for fire powers and golem construction, so thats another positive, will he become as twisted as WMW, don't know yet, it could happen but it is early to know, So I do recommend it, still you may not like it.

OH BTW one big bad point for me its that one of the first enemies of the MC is a bug guy and I have phobia to bugs, it is difficult for me to enjoy some episodes because of it, sorry its personal

Cupcake likes this.
  6. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the beginning he's not naive. Midway he does some stupid shit. Now up the current translations seems like author might have his groove now.

No similarities to Leylin because at the core they different. Leylin not doing something extremely reckless. Some reason people think Leylin is really evil he's just selfish. Plus in that world you being nice gets you killed. Greem is in a bad position.

Cupcake likes this.
  7. Shuchou

Shuchou Simplicity is the easiest path to true beauty.

Reading List:
    Link
    well... His selfishness makes him really evil tho?

L-a-w and Cupcake like this.
  8. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    personally i dropped WotMW because the MC was a POS. and I haven't dropped AoA yet, but to be honest the mc has become less likable lately, but not to the point where he's as bad as Leylin
    one of the first things that annoyed me about Leylin was him eating random plants to assess their qualities. Because that was the dumbest thing I could think of doing.(of course, at the time it was the only AI chip novel that was out, and I was just upset that the interesting synopsis of him being a scientist was so easily broken by that one set of actions because as I said, that is so dumb) that and him swearing to get revenge on the people who beat the person whose body he resides in after he tried to rape someone. and getting upset that the girl his body had tried to rape tried to get back at him with itching powder.
    was like. welp this dude is as petty as could be, not suited to be read by me!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Cupcake likes this.
  9. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    he also doesn't walk the path of warlock(Bloodlines) but the pat of the elements

Cupcake likes this.
  10. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to judge the novel by that world well at least that's what I do. If he wasn't selfish he would had been dead in the beginning chapters.

Oh yeah Leylin was a scientist. Greem was probably late teenager or early 20s when he transferred over. Just know the MC got a chip. So far I you could probably compare it too The Wizard World if you read it.

Cupcake likes this.
  11. Cupcake

Reading List:
    Link
    Its good that his kinder but MC not Nosy?

12. Cupcake

Reading List:
    Link
    Right!!! Love this comment of yours =3=

13. Cupcake

Reading List:
    Link
    But that selfness make him alive in that cruel of world.

14. methael

methael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never though of MC from WMW to be evil. From his point of view he is just trying to reach his goals.

Cupcake likes this.
  15. methael

methael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does The Wizard World compare to WMW? What element does the MC go for? Is it also darkness?

16. Cupcake

Reading List:
    Link
    So the MC is nosy to the problems of his friends or somesome. I personal hate Nosy MC.

17. TheSupremeManificentSovereign

TheSupremeManificentSovereign Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC has become less likable? How because he's no longer on the bottom of the pile...he avoids conflict doesn't bully the weak and does not randomly kill people to get benefits. All the people he's killed were enemies that wanted to kill him and even when he was powering up in the volcano he only killed the monsters. No one would give a shit about him were their actions going to result in him dying or getting hurt so he's living by the same rules. I don't get at all why AoA MC is anywhere remotely close to WMW MC. WMW MC sets out to power himself using people and intending from the beginning to involve innocents if it serves his purpose....naa he's a real psycho...AoA MC is nothing like that, at least as of right now....it may change but he's quite tame in my opinion

Cupcake likes this.
  18. Cupcake

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea!! I personally think that too.

neetKING likes this.
  19. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    So far it's slow and he's been mostly a knight with little magic tricks. Then again they said WMW copied it I can see it but so far WMW improved a lot of stuff. I don't think he's going Warlock path. They even got that liquid thing that helps you advance. The A.I. is not as good as WMW. He was in a darkness school but he wants to learn wind and something else I cant remember at the moment. His school is famous for necromancy and negative energies. He wants to focus on positive energies. I think he wants to have 3 elements when he becomes a Wizard and that should be in the next couple of chapters. So far it's average I dont mind the knight fighting it's just you got a name like Wizard in the title and its barely about it.

20. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    to be honest in AoA he only has one friend and they have been friends since the start. and part of why he is worried about his friend is he knows it affects him too.

nah I never said he was anything like WotMW MC. I honestly don't know EXACTLY what it is about him, but I have been less willing to read about his exploits lately. This could all be personal preference though, I have been uninterested in a bunch of novels that I used to like but most of them I have a reason for the lack of interest, I just can't pin down the specific thing that is making me lose interest in AoA