LCD Age of Cosmic Exploration

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i agree it's not extreme, more like douche behavior ;) and also not very smart, his slogan is to save humanity, how many top scientist/engineers etc. did he loss from those places....but what i really diden't like is that until now there is no info over animal species saved, maybee later the author will say they have the DNA etc but until now there is no info, not even pandas....for a spaceship called Noah that is really Bad...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not technically a murder per se. lol. You'll see XD

Yes, it's kinda dramatic but I'd prefer that over endless talking.

I don't know the TL for CH personally, so while I can send the message through the company grapevine, no guarantee that it'll reach him/her. Also much appreciation for the heads' up, will pay more notice in future chapter. Regretfully, as TL, I have no power to edit posted chapters, but will try informing the main editor. Thank you again.

Regarding the racism, I feel like it's not technically racism but, as honglath perfectly calls it, nationalism. Then again, it's a thin line. In any case, efforts have been made between myself and my editor to filter those out [Believe me, there's a lot of those]. Some are bound to slip through, and for that, I apologize in advanced.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Weedisdaboss likes this.
  3. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem man you are doing a great job and i was mostly upset because no one would come to save my life lol

lonelytree likes this.
  4. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    ch 19.

So a 100% Sand Planet, that´s strange.... maybee the aliens destroyed another civ there...

5. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    Aliens, yes. Destruction, not entirely. lol

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Weedisdaboss likes this.
  6. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    @lonelytree could you use a spoiler tag? Even if it is not a big deal its still a spolier. So just edit your post if you dont know how to use a spoiler tag than do you see the plus button in the edit? Just click on it and you will write the title lf the spoiler which is pseudo spoiler folllwed by clicking okay and writing the spolier between []here [/] so it would look like this;
    Aliens, yes. Destruction, not entirely. lol
    If you still cant learn how to use spoiler tag refer to these bb codes; http://forum.novelupdates.com/help/bb-codes

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  7. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I know how to use the bb code, but your description confused the shit out of me rofl I would go with -----> [xxxx] text [/xxxx]
    and change xxxx with spoiler

8. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you see the plus (+) button where you type the comments? Thats it, all you have to do is write the title of the spoiler or leave it empty and the spoiler tag is created then just write the spoiler... its right next to the smiley face emojii, landscape picture and the video thingy, + click on it and it says spoiler if you cant bothered typing the spoiler bb code personally... btw i learnt of it few days ago...

Sorry i might be explaining it in a confusing manner

Weedisdaboss likes this.
  9. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL now I got it I never clicked the + icon thx for the tip man !!!

10. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the instructions :p You learn a new thing everyday.
    I thought of putting the spoiler when I first posted it but figured it wasn't really a spoiler to warrant one.

11. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently at ch 23

Hmm, rounding up 5 million Chinese in China and transport them to America in like 1-2 months with 10? Hovercrafts that has room for 200 persons and each trip will take around 24 hours. (Max 180 000)

Yeah no, not happening.

Sci-fi is supposed to be smart ffs. I think I see cultural suppression hampering the writer in what a Sci-fi is all about. Adding technobabble that just point out glaring flaws is just plain bad storytelling. The focus is a survival story with a space theme but for some reason the added techno BS makes it a Sci-Fi. Is the writer trying to fill an empty niche with zero skills?

That said, I will continue to read a bit more to see where the story is going. If the story is linear then this will be a 1 star at the end for me.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    lonelytree likes this.
  12. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    That is exactly how I feel when I was translating it. Then I realize the author had to pump out at least 10k words per day when he was writing this. After that, you just turn a blind eye to the factual inaccuracy, and learn to take what he says at face-value. So, for me, it has become a space-drama with some science mumbo-jumbo thrown in. At least the story so far is quite interesting.

Sircus likes this.
  13. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an issue floating around regarding whether the scientific inaccuracies in the book still enable it to lay claim to the sci-fi genre, and whether that adds or detracts from the overall reading experience. Apparently, the author has received such criticism, and has responded in Chapter 53. Below is the translation of said author's note:

14. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL the author should have been clear from the start, people that love sci fi can get really Nerdy for their stuff ;)

lonelytree likes this.
  15. rnailo

rnailo Titel ?oh title, I haz none!

Reading List:
    Link
    @lonelytree

Hey not sure if you noticed but chapter 28 and chapter 30 are completely identical

16. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fixed

17. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the heads up :)

18. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a correct translation, or translator mistook the usual 10 thousand for a million? Because it doesn't pass any sanity check!
    Same with the population of a "town" being a million people - that's a big city, no town. Should be 10 thousand.

And earlier, it said "seventy billion people on Earth". Shouldn't it be only seven? (granted, it is year 2030 - but I somehow doubt population grew by the factor of 10 in mere 10-15 years.)

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  19. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, it is just as I expected, translator usually fucks up his 10 thousands as a million:
    And I'm pretty sure that's also the case with
    - MC (as written by author) is not being (that) racist, it is the translator putting in completely different numbers that make it seem so.

50 thousands, not 5 million.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  20. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear sin [oddly enough that is one of the syllable that makes up my name],

Thanks for bringing this to my attention as everyone needs a fair kick in the arse once in a while. However it might interest you to know that I do suffer from bouts of insanity, try churning out translation daily while finishing a master’s degree, and see where that gets your mental state.

In any case, while selfless, your contribution has landed me in a pickle. You see, Qidian doesn’t offer an editing service as of this moment, so I literally can’t force the change. And sticking forward with “million” seems willfully ignorant to me. Therefore, I’ve settled with continue using millions so as not to confuse the general readers but leaving a note at Chapter 72 [because that’s where the progress is at the moment] addressing my fuck up. Be sure to look forward to that :)

Glad to hear from you,

The barely sane translator.