Request Ai chan Needs Help - Game Idea

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It wouldn't really matter since other than main stats, players will get randomized perks. After all, it's not like you can choose who you're born as.

2. gaulby

gaulby [Space Rabbit] [Rappy Slaughterer] [Eviscerator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Pimp?
    Sculpting?
    Art?

if there's blessed then cursed?

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Surveying Mastery, you are very knowledgeable about the shape, size, depth, density, materials and condition of land, buildings and any 3 dimensional objects.

4. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Appraisal
    Singing, Guitar, Piano, Flute, Harp etc.
    Chant Omission
    Mana-born
    Undead
    Ethereal
    Spirit/Mana/Etc vision
    Raised by Wolves/Dragons/Etc
    Lifebane

Ai chan likes this.
  5. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    the more I see it, the game has too much idea.

6. DevianT

DevianT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well @Ai chan can make the game with basic one and the others idea can be continuous of the game or series and !Maybe expansion pack or DLC~
    Too much idea doesn't hurt only lack of ideas hurt

Ai chan likes this.
  7. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Charisma
    Diplomatic
    coercion

Ai chan likes this.
  8. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    Weaponship
    Swordsmanship
    Axemanship
    Etc. ​

9. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    No, there is only one idea. And that is you, as a player, can be whatever you want. Want to be a blacksmith? Then you need to be skilled in smithing and hammer mastery. Want to be a farmer? Then you need to be skilled in gathering and farming. Want to become a world renowned leather products artisan? Then you need to raise leatherworking to the very limit.

It's planned that you will be able to play as your heir after you die, assuming your children or grandchildren are still alive when you die. If your whole bloodline die in a war or something, then that's game over.

Want to create a bloodline of swordsmen? Then practice to the pinnacle of swords mastery and make children, your children will then inherit some of your sword mastery level. This is to reflect how in some warrior culture, warriors that descend from warrior houses are better than commoners who rise up from farmer parents.

Each skill takes a long time to raise, so it's impossible to be proficient in more than 5 of them for your character's entire lifetime. So no Mary Sue and no plot armour. You are you, and you can easily die. Perks help you specialize, but if your perks have no synergy with your skills, it's wasted effort. After all, what would a leathermaker need a farmer perk for?

Yeah, that's already in the opening post list.

10. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there can also be player characters that are cursed from the start, which can be removed through some kind of exorcism or blessing event. Which will require the character to travel to a temple or something. The story of a hero with cursed bloodline is more fun than the story of a too perfect hero, right?

Thanks, but I think this would be too difficult to program.

Thanks for the suggestion. As for Appraisal, the various competencies can be used to appraise stuff. For example, if you have herbalism and you don't know what that herb is, you can consume it and get poisoned status if it's dangerous stuff. But there is a chance you will be able to learn what that herb is. To identify fish, you just have to work on it, such as preparing it for cooking.

11. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Fast learner, Beloved Child, Extraordinary, The Darling of Fate, Cursed, Honest/Devious, Lucky/Unlucky, Infinite/Limit Growth, Pathfinder may go as perks.
    Runecraft, Soul magic, Martial Arts, Magic Creation, Ancient Magic/Language, Charm may go as level-supporting skills.

There is unlimited amount of perks can be created because in implementation vast amount of mechanics can be introduced in dialogs and skills.

In my experience in well-designed architecture you don't need even to have anything is the begining. With well-defined API and SDK you keep almost everything in the resources that can be updated any time (skill trees, dialog trees, quest chains and so on).

Ai chan likes this.
  12. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you inspired by Elona?
    if not and you haven't play it, try playing it.
    I think your might find some inspiration from there

ps. don't forget to choose little girl as a pet

13. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    Perks:martial artist/slave/insane/avatar of [insert something]

Also, can u @ me when you make the game? I wanna play~

14. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    My description might be too much lol but you can make it that those who have this skill have a much accurate maps, that's all.

Ai chan likes this.
  15. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Needs..
    -monster taming
    -monster breeding
    -monster transformation
    -monster summoning
    -monster evolving

I recon that your game will be like skyrim..
    It will be more fun with it.

16. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    So @Ai chan perks is like title in Death March right? Is it gives stats correction and skill bonuses?

Also, how about adding Fame/Infamy stats? Like when you do certain action, you get fame (positive) or infamy (negative) points? And after certain point, you got some perk or something.

Also some ideas for Perks:
    Choosen Ones
    Wise
    Sage
    Chivalrous
    Jack of all Trades
    Hero
    Legend
    Monster Slayer
    Manslaughter
    Serial Killer
    Public Enemy No 1

17. Shiina

Shiina 『Shota』

Reading List:
    Link
    Competency: Non-element magic, Summoning magic, Necromancy, Healing magic, Blood magic, Space-Time magic(for those who masters both type) & Shield mastery
    Perks: Anti-magic, Chantless casting, Mental resistance & Weapon master

Ai chan likes this.
  18. He

He Stop using the net, you net addict.

Reading List:
    Link
    Any skill decay for skill that has not been used in a while?

Competency:
    Arithmetics - Able to see the underlying mechanics for non-magic stuff.
    Haggling - Reduce price, for merchant
    Sixth sense - For warrior trait only. Less chance to prevent ambush, higher chance to parry
    Empathize - More success in digging backstory of other character
    Cartography - makes map
    Mind Magic - Telepathy, mind break, mind control, etc.
    Leadership and command - Ability to lead

Perks:
    Near sighted - Blur the surrounding objects
    Word Smith/Charismatic - Bonus to speech related perk
    Ancient Tongue - Boost magic
    Precognition - see the future event. See short term event like the trajectory of the swing, or long term event like the king's death.
    Medium - Become medium of spirit, granting the body the strength and weakness of that spirit (more like, use the ability of the previous generation).
    Magi - Magical race identical to human in form, having tremendous mana and knowledge in exchange of the lack of ability in other subjects.

19. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I've never heard of that game. Looking at Rock Paper Shotgun's review of it doesn't seem like it's similar to my game.
    Maybe if you stay around for a few years. Ai-chan is the only one working on it, you see. It may take 2-3 years before even the alpha can be released.
    Monster taming is not planned, but maybe if the base game can be made, a DLC with monster taming can happen.

Thanks. As for fame/infamy, I thought about it but I was afraid it would add a level of complexity that I'm not prepared to handle. Perks will have to do to tell people how good or bad of a person you are for now.

Thanks. There is no skill decay planned, though I may change my mind later. It is because your character's life is finite and no matter how good you are at anything, one day you will die and play again as your heir.

20. Life Inside A Room

Life Inside A Room Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can knife mastery be changed to dagger mastery? Knife mastery sounds like a yandere's passive while dagger sounds for body n normal.
    Also isnt herbalism and potionmaking the same thing? If you think about it herbalism by itself is useless without potion-making implemented into it. What, is herbalism just sniffing and identifying drugs? If it is you can go make a perk for drug-dealer or street rat.
    Those are the only things I wanted to state to make my post seem like it's talking about whats in the thread when all I wanted to ask is

How come your profile pic doesnt have a peace sign. You know, that v thing with fingers. I think it would make it more slutty and therefore increasing arousal due to how symbolic it is.