Japanese Amaku Yasashii Sekai de Ikiru ni wa

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by SFcipher, Sep 22, 2017.

1. SFcipher

SFcipher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Amaku Yasashii Sekai de Ikiru ni wa
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n8915bv/
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/amaku-yasashii-sekai-de-ikiru-ni-wa/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Interesting WN, but had not had any release for more than three months.
    Description:
    There once lived a young man who had been given many titles throughout his life: [Grandson of the Flame Spear Hero], [Son of the Thunder Spear Hero], [Son of the Saint], [Heir of the Duke], [Childhood Friend of the Crown Prince], [Fiancé of The Third Princess]. Thus was Doyle von Agnis, 15 years old. He was born under the expectation that he would succeed and save the world.

However, an encounter with an adventurer revealed to him a certain fact that shattered the very reason for his existence. Running away from the truth, Doyle began living a life of vice, using his family status to reign over all those under him. Then one day in the haze of a mysterious illness, a sudden revelation makes him face reality.

Please enjoy this heartwarming story of redemption that will assuredly bring a smile to your face.

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this supposed to be a fluff novel?

3. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is, i second this notion

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Op fluff, everything goes his way literally, the goddess loves him and its over the top.

5. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a power wank then. No thanks.

6. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah same. I've had enough of those stories by now.
    Although for those interested in them, the premise at least seems more interesting than many of the others I've seen

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed reading this. It's heartwarming reading the MC trying to redeem himself. Hopefully it'll get picked up.

8. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    And the pov chapters are below ave. It's just repeating things that happen over and over again

9. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone that gave it a try, I know that at first glance it seems like it'll be a generic power wank, but whats different in this series to the many others like it is that it shows real character development. The MC's delinquent nature was there for a reason. The MC matures and grows, and he really tries to atone for his past self's poor behavior and is overall quite a sincere and honorable sort of guy. He doesn't indulge himself in arrogance or overconfidence, his aim is just to be capable enough to be of use to his friend, the prince, and to be worthy of the princess. I'd recommend giving it a try at least before renouncing it like the rest of the power wanks. Theres worse stuff out there than this.

10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats because he doesn't know that he isthe godesses beloved child, hai ignorance is bliss. Its a good read if it weren't for the pov chapters

11. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm? Really? Those are usually the chapters I like most in stories.

12. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really sure why you bring up that goddess thing. Its not the relevant part of it for him to begin with even if he did know. What he lacks is what he wanted most. He wanted aptitude in spears and the same elements as his father and grandfather but he didn't get it. He clearly knows what he is doing in terms of other things like swords and other elements, which he used to a great extent, but he knows that he happens to not have the skills he wanted the most.

About the POV chapters, they're fine really. I don't see the issue. Its the same events but from the perspective of a different character. They could be added into the main story or just set aside as sidestories but its not really a dealbreaker. You can skip them if they're that annoying to you.

There are several POV chapters and in some occasions IIRC there were even 2 POVs for the exact same event. I imagine it grated on some peoples nerves but its not a bad thing in itself if you're really interested in the character building and to get a full glimpse of the characters' thought processes and how they think of the MC. If you want the plot to get on with it though, so to speak, then yea its a tad POV heavy.

13. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Amaku Yasashii Sekai de Ikiru ni wa
    Raw Link:http://ncode.syosetu.com/n8915bv/
    NU Link:http://www.novelupdates.com/series/amaku-yasashii-sekai-de-ikiru-ni-wa/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Fluffy goodness that shows real character development with reasons for the character development that actually make sense.
    I have read more novels than I care to think about that were eventually dropped, but this is the only one I go back and check regularly to see if I may have missed a new release.
    Description:
    There once lived a young man who had been given many titles throughout his life: [Grandson of the Flame Spear Hero], [Son of the Thunder Spear Hero], [Son of the Saint], [Heir of the Duke], [Childhood Friend of the Crown Prince], [Fiancé of The Third Princess]. Thus was Doyle von Agnis, 15 years old. He was born under the expectation that he would succeed and save the world.

However, an encounter with an adventurer revealed to him a certain fact that shattered the very reason for his existence. Running away from the truth, Doyle began living a life of vice, using his family status to reign over all those under him. Then one day in the haze of a mysterious illness, a sudden revelation makes him face reality.

Please enjoy this heartwarming story of redemption that will assuredly bring a smile to your face.

Darkanlan likes this.
  14. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
  15. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 This is really a very good and fluffy read! I hope it get's picked up again! ><

16. anshu

anshu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd even settle for the manga getting translated at this point. Maybe it'll generate an interest for the novel.

Just passing by to revive this thread since I originally intended to make a post about this. :blob_ghost: