AMD/INTEL Bp-700 (Brain power)?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Underload, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    AI robot. Is @ai-chan a bot

2. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...Difficult question

3. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries. I summoned Her/Him/Them/They/It/GOD and we'll know soon... probably.

4. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Make it happen before I die. I want to cuddle with android 18 waifu. *Damn it Krillin.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  5. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    5kW is enough to power 2 homes at the very least. You mean 5W right? They're like 60W - 140W now without OCing.

Incidentally, you need 1.21 Gigawatts to power a Delorean's time circuits...

6. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    current chips cannot and will not ever match a biological computer because they lack the flexibility required. the future will likely rely on a select few chips made from shockingly rare material in shocking perfected levels of balance.

however, tech is always advancing and improving, new pathways are found to make for more powerful and more power efficient manners of computing. eventually maybe the whole concept of programming itself may become able to be even more efficient than what we currently have (where everything progressively requires more and more data each generation, instead of getting more from less or the same amount)

overall the sheer amount of processing required cannot be fully reliant on the cpu chipset itself. a lot of a computers ability to compute is based on the distance of the various additional levels of memory it has to work with. the best chipsets will have as large a memory buffer as close to the core chipset as possible in order to facilitate cleaner computing.

for premium grade storage I dream of a day when a crystalline storage system is implemented but ultimately the neural network is what needs to be greatly improved more than just the chips alone. theoretically, more cores, more chips the greater the potential, but it is greatly inhibited by the quality of the wiring and joints, and the software used to compute. plus current computers demand cooling at the standard of liquid nitrogen for the optimum performance, which would have to change by the time of biotech since it would have to operate at the temperatures that living organisms operate at.

Underload likes this.
  7. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless we become silicon it will be rather difficult.

8. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you bro...

9. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah, I dare you to find a robot that's just as good at shitposting

10. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I remember Microsoft creating an AI in twitter that became a shitposter so they have to delete her LOL.