Chinese An Oddette’s Otherworld Odyssey

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Pythagoras Theorem, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Pythagoras Theorem

Pythagoras Theorem Horse (?)

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: An Oddette’s Otherworld Odyssey

Raws:
    http://book.qidian.com/info/2728560
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/an-oddettes-otherworld-odyssey/

Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    It's got a pretty cute premise and takes the dense MC trope to a whole new level.

Tian Lian is a dense swordswoman (as in those wuxia adventurer sort) from another world. One day, she just woke up into the body Feng Wu, a woman who was giving birth. However, eventhough she woke up in such a weird manner, she never questions it and go along with it as long as she could cultivate.

Tian Lian, now Feng Wu, is extremely naive and straight-forward. However, she is very strong and is obedient towards her shifu's teachings.

I really like it because it's kinda different from the usual "doctor/assassin/thief/blacksmith genius who just so happens to transmigrate into the body of some poor/horrible girl and ends up with the MC killing everyone and justifying it as revenge for the original owner even though we all know the MC just wants to murder people and is using that as a shoddy excuse". Not that every CN novel is like that, but most of those that has a female transmigrated MC in a JiangHu-esque world tend to run like that~
    This also seems like a parody of the common Mary Sue trope and otome game novels.

It's also really fun to read about a cute, naive girl as she tries to court her future husband, while learning how to take care and raise her little baby that she considers as her only kin in this new world.

Here's an excerpt from Chapter 1 by the original translator:
    The original translator seems to have disappeared and this novel was last updated in April. That's okay according to the 3 month rule, right?

Description:
    A heroine character that transmigrates with a favorability rating system is busy raising love flags.

A villainess character transmigrates in and is busy preparing for her counterattack.

Then what is the third random transmigratee, holding a divine sword in her left and a steamed bun in her right, doing?

“Please marry me!” The girl says earnestly to the beautiful blond boy.

Ming Xi: …

Answer: She’s busy proposing.

A hilarious story about an overpowered airhead in a world reminiscent of Coiling Dragon. This particular tale has an interesting mash of tropes (As you might see from the summary).

libraryrocker, Lovely and ABMAINA like this.
  2. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Seem's interesting, I'm always a fan of novels that parody tropes and cliches of a genre, hope it gets picked up +1

Why is there a need to tag Qidian? You make it seem like the translator would be ignorant of the source. The translator would know where they're translating from since the link takes you to Qidian rofl

Lovely and Pythagoras Theorem like this.
  3. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator posted on her blog this month.

4. Pythagoras Theorem

Pythagoras Theorem Horse (?)

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, he said "I'm alive....."
    not an update

ABMAINA and Lovely like this.
  5. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope!
    But i liked the description

6. Forestor

Forestor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been sleeping in my reading list for three months and I'm hoping it'll wake up soon.