Discussion And it was going so well.....

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Wise old fisher, May 23, 2017.

?

Will you use illegal means to read read novels if they become pay to read?

1. Yes. I don't wan to pay because of reasons

38.9%
  2. I don't want to resort in illegal means because people will loose money

4.8%
  3. YAR HAR DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE' A PIRATE IS FREE

56.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure that most of you have probably seen the tensin between qidan and other sites with novels like gravity tails. Too be honest it was quite obvious that novels rised a bit too fast in fame, and they become more famous by the day which attracts newreades and new readers=more money.

Qidan internasional is a "company" that has rights in the most novels that are being uploaded in the internet and has it's headquarters in chine where the most novels famous or not are been writen. Aside from that they make huge amounts of oney from chinese novels that are famous but not translated to english due to legal issues and rights and no they want tp take over the translated novels for maximum profit.

As they will obviously follow the steps of the you know WHO! the cursed one, the destroyer of novels.... Yen press *duuuun duuun DUUN* and have you pay to read the novels in their website. Some of you will think "but if the translators don't want to go over to qidan they will just stay were they want". Unfortunatly it's not like that because qidan can take the novels from them through legal ways and have someone else translate it and pay them and they will be able to make the most novels pay to read.

Of course that will get them some profits but it will probably destroy the novel community as not many of us won't be able to pay or other possible reasons and the will bring piracy to novels... yes you read that right piracy to novels! It sounds ridiculous but some will do it as they are good at handling computers or know as hackers ( kek hackers is a bit exaggerated)

i wasn't planning one making a thread about it as m opinio or your opinion won't change anything but money will but i can't sleep and i am bored so i want to hear some other opinions too

Please don't make the thread a baatlefield or be rude this is just a casual discusion

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  2. Wise old fisher

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for my bad englads

3. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well might as well say it, here before the lock

4. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    My inner grammar nazi has been triggered

Pretender, Kiki0246, asriu and 7 others like this.
  5. Sheep

Sheep Best Original Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    Sheep's guide to profit in novel reading

1. Wait for the drama to rescind
    2. Observe the winner and see their method of presenting content
    3. IF paywall are way to high, pirate
    4. ELSE paywall are acceptable, pay
    5. ELSE paywall does not exist, continue your day

asriu, Gitami, alamptr and 6 others like this.
  6. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Their novels are still free? Nothing to complain about. @Qidian has been very good at interacting with the community.

7. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    dude Qidian is not the only source of chinese novel.........translator only have to find other source ...........................the end

8. Guess Who

Guess Who Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I probably would..this thing is starting to look like one Piece.WW is Gol D. Roger and QI is marines, once WW dies the era of piracy shall begin

iBakax3, Too Honest, SnowTime and 3 others like this.
  9. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren said they're planning to paywall them, tho, y'know? The current situation where they're free is temporary.

asriu likes this.
  10. Black Heart

Black Heart A Perfectly Normal Individual

Reading List:
    Link
    Tanoshii no toki mo owaru..

Gitami likes this.
  11. Wise old fisher

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed but if not most. At least a lot of novels have their right with qidan so i am not been specific or pacific

CosmicInsomniac likes this.
  12. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    well its Chinese right? there's probably gonna be some illegal version one day, like how everything that enter that country gonna have its duplicate.

13. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing wrong with that. It is their copyright after all. And besides, it shouldn't be a huge fee.

Ai chan likes this.
  14. Wise old fisher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i don't support anyone as long as i can read novels and kill my years like that but ww and Ren might be lying

15. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or is anyone else sick of these threads? Qidian isn't the end all be all of CN novels they just have a majority its not the end to novels as we know it. There are PLENTY of other publishers out there. If WW and GT can reach an agreement again like Volare has done with Ireader or whatever an sites like 17k then Qidian will have a fight on their hands for western monopolization and since the other sites most likely wont have the capital to invest in a splurge of TLs like Qidian has done then its possible for independent sites like WW and GT to stay as is or have a larger say in what goes on.

Though these are just my thoughts not based on any real evidence. I'll read Qidian as long as its free but if the $$$ is to high then I'm not afraid to look away from a novel for a few years hell I've done it to all of Xianxia Worlds (XXW) and regularly do it to build up a novel so I have absolutely nothing to loose either way.

16. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyanko don't fall for their ploys! FIGHT AGAINST THEM! RAER!

TariganRd and CosmicInsomniac like this.
  17. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends, although illegal is not the way, for example i work and study at the same time, i receive a bit less than 600 euros per month, i pay every month apartment rent, food, internet, and other bills, i mostly save the rest, every cent counts while saving for rainy days, so paying to read is not really the best for me and probably for most readers,i am fine with donating like 5 euros to translators a few times every year, but paying to read? Not acceptable for me and maybe for most...

18. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm not their not as i've pointed out problems to them and they've just gotten rude and talked crap like their app is basically a data miner on your phone , you may not have a problem , but they don't like problem with their site or app to be pointed out , i've had posts locked and rude answers from them , not only here but on facebook as well ..they don't like it when you point mistakes out

zentetsuken likes this.
  19. omnipwnage

omnipwnage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidan makes money as it is. They would destroy their current model if they put everything behind a paywall. The only thing they could do is create a premium section where they pay authors to make a new work behind the paywall. This way, there's no bad taste about moving works with invested readers, Qidan would own the works and the authors would be categorized as employees for yheir premium work.

20. Wise old fisher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well true that and also i don't really care but i sure a heck prefer passing my time reading novels then watching tv but tv is free tho

Okuri Ookami likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.