Discussion Anime that is better than the manga it was adapted from

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Jodamaster17, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Jodamaster17

Jodamaster17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty straightforward, what anime adapted from manga do you think is better than the manga it was adapted from?

Personally, I think the Shaman King anime is better than the manga. I felt the manga was really good until about halfway in, then it jumped of the deep end. The anime on the other hand, while being a bit simplified in places, told a good and continous story throughout the entire series.

Ddragonesse likes this.
  2. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    shingeki no kyojin and hxh 2011

3. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    hxh 2011 went to shit because of all the filler crap.

Duwei likes this.
  4. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all depends, many animes got good voice actors with decent art.
    But many animes got those so called famous voice actors who just really suck balls (They are not bad at what they do but they just sound so hollow... like in fairy tail and shit).

So when an novel is very fun the anime can be even better only if the voice actors/art is actually worth something.
    One man punsh? crap the manga was far better as the only reason it got an anime is to get moneyz (all animes are made for money no shit sherl.....)
    Anyway from the art you can see its mass produced as for the voice actors just the mainstream ones who crap out animes like its water.
    They just reproduce a stereotype they have often voice acted producing very cheap ass lines etc.

Those voice actors never get to voice act chars they are not used to or have not done so before.
    Certain voice actors always get the same kind of chars so I am not suprised they fucking hate voice acting in those animes...

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    hxh definitely, drawing animation is much cleaner, less fillery feeling.

Heracrim and arrogantyoungmaster like this.
  6. Jodamaster17

Jodamaster17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fully agree about Shingeki. I think it is saying something that until this moment I thought the manga was based on the anime.

arrogantyoungmaster likes this.
  7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I cut back on my anime viewing in recent years, so only one I can say a watched both manga and anime on, is Mob Psycho 100. The anime did a great job of bringing the world to life there, better than the manga, but only for a short bit.

8. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    The world only god knows. One of the few adapted versions that can expand on the material provided by the manga in a good way

runsing and CountryMage like this.
  9. malusoldier87

malusoldier87 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hxh 2011 didnt have fillers what are you talking about? there was only 2 eps that were fillers and that was in the beginning

Shratath likes this.
  10. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Baby Steps.
    Set the standard on how sport in anime should *really* look like, and what it should be about. Completely eliminated lots of oldschool sports anime for me, as it is impossible to take their kindergarden level seriously.

In Manga form it doesn't have the same impact.

runsing and Duwei like this.
  11. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    code geass

12. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    One Piece

Redmi likes this.
  13. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    It have 2 fillers episodes ?

14. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime is the original, manga is the spin-off

runsing and AMissingLinguist like this.
  15. earthshaker44

earthshaker44 SomeWhat Angry dude

Reading List:
    Link
  16. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks holly hindsight

17. Black Frost

Black Frost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jormundgand

runsing, Sakuratea and Duwei like this.
  18. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gintama.

19. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first season of Boku no Hero Academia is better than the manga IMO because they nailed it so well. Hmmm ... Kill la Kill, since that technically had a manga first I think lol. Ummm ... I haven't seen the Bleach anime nor read the manga, and yet I've heard its anime is better, lol. Actually, a more recent example is Boruto. The Boruto anime is actually incredibly good, but the manga isn't very good.

I agree with TWGOK. I'm not really a fan of SNK or HxH so no comment lol. Have never heard of the Shaman King so that's interesting. This is sort of different, but I think I prefer the Koe no Katachi movie to its manga even though they're both excellent. The movie is simpler and removes some convoluted stuff that wasn't handled quite as well, so I like it more even if it's arguably slightly less complete.

I think the Sisters arc part of the Railgun S anime was better than its manga counterpart, but is hard to say, if not for SNK season 1 that would have won both top male and female voice acting awards for its season so that's probably why it's so good, lol. Hmm, I think I've always preferred the DBZ anime to the manga even if that's sort of an odd case.

Edit: I think Detective Conan probably counts as well. Its anime is generally solid enough where it's better than the manga. Even the fillers are always pretty high quality and often better than the canon stuff (and then made canon afterwards lol). Kuroko's basketball 2 counts, but not season 3 because the adaptation of the best arc in the entire manga pales in comparison to the manga version, but every other arc is much better in the anime.

Usually manga seem better made than the anime that adapt them, but I've definitely noticed those precious exceptions that make my day. :)

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  20. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly I don´t really watch anime while reading the same manga but I noticed that long series like naruto, bleach etc get stuffed with far too many fillers once they get close to catching up to the manga. Or like one piece where a 20 min episode turns into 7 min recap an 13 minutes about 7-8 manga pages...at some point in the series it was just possible to skip 5-6 episodes and miss nothing...I really really hate that!

Duwei likes this.