Discussion Anime that is better than the manga it was adapted from

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Jodamaster17, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    Appreciate? When i saw the way the 2nd season opened, i went in thinking "wow, this is gonna be great!" Then i found out that little montage was all those characters were ever gonna get, never to be seen or heard from again. Imo, it was gutted to its detriment. Leave that abridged version shit for after theyve done a good job the first time around. Pretty much killed the mystery in season 3 since it was more lookin for the odd one out rather than sifting through all the options.

I try to go one or the other so i can't really give any good examples... Reading something ive watched or vice versa just isnt all that interesting, save for a few rare cases and even then im still not properly caught up. Although i tend to enjoy watching more than reading, few shows ever really stay true the source material AND finish, so you end up having to go and read anyway if you want closure or to fill in the gaps.

That said, i think i enjoyed tsubasa chronicles as an anime more than the manga. The story was a bit too out there for me at the time, so it was more fun to just watch. Shame it and xxxholic went to shit over clashing licenses.

CountryMage likes this.
  2. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has a manga

3. Sethnix

Sethnix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised no one mentioned "One Punch Man"

4. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the manga remake drawn by Murata doesn't lose in front of the anime (even in term of rythm, technique and visual impact, for exemple the sequential colored pages are damn impressive).

runsing likes this.
  5. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you guys watch the chimera ant arc? They padded every episode so much, with so many flashbacks and narrations that it took the characters an entire episode to take 2 steps.

6. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    even so i enjoyed the arc it wasn t that bad to make me hate the show like naruto or one piece

7. JOHNAMLAC

JOHNAMLAC Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kiseijuu

Animation wise

runsing likes this.
  8. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're talking about adaptations of manga. That shouldn't count because LN anime aren't adapted the same way as anime that are adapted from manga which is clearly the point of the discussion.

FMP used to be my favorite series a long time ago, I obviously know it has a few manga.

Also, I'm pretty sure I said this before, but if you count anime movies then Koe no Katachi. If you don't, then try Boku no Hero Academia or Boruto like I said before. Both are really solid. Detective Conan has an anime that's at least as good as its manga and is maybe a bit better I guess.

If LN's count, then essentially every LN is better than its manga so try those--find any LN with a decent anime, look that up on a wiki.

9. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord, novel is so long winded, I'm sick of those trivial side characters.

10. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Lovely Complex. the only anime (that i ever had the chance to watch) that are 99.9% in kansai-ben

11. Droma

Droma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed although the remake with the updated art is really good.

I'd also say FMA Brotherhood, Planetes, Great Teacher Onizuka, Usagi Drop, Shingeki no Kyojin, Nodame Cantabile, Trigun, Lovely Complex, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Bakuman, and Kimi no Todoke. It's debatable but in my opinion Dragon Ball and DBZ were better animated with english dubs(can't stand goku's voice in japanese). Can't really think of any others off the top of my head. The big three when they were all still going kind of go up and back depending on the season and how much filler there was.

There are some more that I can't remember the names of but they tend to be in the romance and music genre's. The art tends to get an upgrade and the music and voice overs tend to make them better. Very few action manga are better as an anime from what I've seen.

CountryMage likes this.
  12. rollinsonphilip

rollinsonphilip New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naruto I think :)