Another Problem Occurred

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by jersanxx1, Jul 17, 2017.

1. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya Guys,

For starters, refer to this [[ thread ]]first to get the glimpse of the problem. Now that's out the way, let me proceed to the topic.

Well First, I tried the solutions suggested by the forum people and fixed the minor issues occurred. Secondly, My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, yes it is on purpose because I like the display compared to the other Windows OS(including the latest). Good thing is, I don't need to restart the computer anymore when crashes occur and only occurs seldom when I'm working(I also revert the theme to initial to optimize the process), The bad thing is, It still forcefully closes up the programs that needed display support. Thus, the unsaved progress data are still lost in the process(Though, After learning my mistake, I did save every 2 mins or so when working).

I also added a screenshot just to make sure[​IMG]
    This popped up when at Gaming.

Again, I will shamelessly ask for people to pop a solution, sorry :X3:.

P.S. It also closed up the Steam game.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you need a driver update? (for me both Intel and Nvidia)
    I dunno, that would be the first thing i'll check.

Then I'll check forums for any setting that needs tweaking.

Edit : Oh another thing, maybe some software required is missing?
    It's usually a thing that needs to be reinstalled when formatting/resetting PC.
    And maybe something deleted/corrupted it?

jersanxx1 likes this.
  3. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never seen that specific error, and it doesn't seem like it's your drivers out of date because that has a specific error message and it's easy to fix. Have you recently made any updates which required restarting your pc? Have you installed anything you don't trust 100%? I can only think of one thing seeing that error, and that's corrupted files, but I'm no an expert so I can't pinpoint the origin of that error.

jersanxx1 likes this.
  4. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Excluding the OS update that needed the PC to restart, Nothing of sort. Also, I don't know if there's still corrupted files in the system when I fixed and updated the drivers as suggested by people on the last thread.

5. Tenor

Tenor Hard Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your brother's a fucking dickhead.

Riftwalker and jersanxx1 like this.
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you've already done some of these things but I'm going to repeat them for completeness:
    Make sure your drivers are up to date. It's nVidia, so download GeForce Experience and just use the "Game Ready" drivers it constantly supplies. In my experience that's the easiest way to keep your GPU drivers up to date with minimal hassle.

If you think your brother may have screwed with your nVidia settings you can try restoring them to default in the nVidia control panel, too. You can also use the control panel's debug mode to remove any overclocking that might be causing your issue, if your brother somehow managed to mess around with the clock settings. I'm not sure why he'd do that for facebook games, but apparently overclocking can cause the same problem.

It's also worth trying an old driver. Up to date drivers may seem like the best thing in the world, but sometimes they do cause issues. Rolling back to something older and more stable can solve those issues. You can try downloading an older driver for your card from nVidia and seeing if that helps.

Whether updating your drivers to the latest or rolling back to old, completely removing your current drivers is generally a good idea - especially when you're experiencing problems. You can do that through Add/Remove Programs (look for things like this) or using applications like guru 3d's driver uninstaller.

Riftwalker, jersanxx1 and Tramsloof like this.
  7. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I need to start playing Dota again but my computer is on it's last leg and slowly bleeding out

8. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    It needs driver update. Also it's good idea to check your harddrive health.

jersanxx1 likes this.
  9. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    when you don't understand how to do anything more than update restart and shut down...
    even with support and tutorials i still mess up, so i don't game on my laptop...

whats dota?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  10. SpiralGust

Reading List:
    Link
    Dota 2 a Moba game

11. CoupDeFri

CoupDeFri My shadow is my best friend.

Reading List:
    Link
    uninstall the driver and reinstall it ?

12. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    Run things as admin try using recovery and ask an expert for advice ;)

13. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams [Master of Sleepiness]

Reading List:
    Link
    for checking corrupted files use check file integrity option in steam, if the issue is occurring persistently try formatting with a clean install of windows(you'll have to reinstall everything on your os drive though), or try and use the system restore utility and reverting back to previous time where everything was working fine.

14. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's a Mona game?

15. SpiralGust

Reading List:
    Link
    It autocorrected to Mona I meant moba

16. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's a moba game?

17. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious about one thing: Is your desktop PC a factory builtup, or is it assembled by a shop?

For clarification, A factory builtup here means you buy the entire system from a manufacturer (like Asus, Acer, Dell, or HP) and it was built in their factory. For example, Asus' ROG desktop series. Assembled by a shop means you go to a shop, request a PC, and they assemble it from off-the-shelf parts.

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. In these games you have two teams squaring off against each other in an arena of some kind. Notable games are Defense of The Ancients (DoTA for short), League of Legends (LoL), Heroes of Newerth (HoN), Heroes of The Storm (HoTS).

18. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    ... when you're broke so you can't buy games... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

19. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? Most MOBA are free though?

Of course, you'd need a PC to run them, but you won't need a high-end PC either. I can run DoTA 2 on a 2012 laptop, with an entry-level GPU. Runs pretty good, as long as you don't turn the video options too high. So if you can get your hands on a decent 2012-2013 rig, go for it. Pretty much the only downside to MOBA is their online community. They're way more toxic than most other online games. But most of the time, you can play single-player against the computer.

20. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    Any recommendations?
    Would prefer a game with levels, skills and stats (strength, dexterity, intelligence etc...)
    Also has to have a low chance of virus...