Request Any free active MMO/MMORPG recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Lazriser, May 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheHawkk

TheHawkk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try out Age of Wulin (It's EU, Age of Wushu for the American version). It's heavily P2W (Chinese MMO, so figure), but the community isn't so bad, and there are a few mechanics that involve helping each other. Like the disciple system, where an older player takes a new player as his disciple which boosts both of their progress in a multitude of ways. The community certainly isn't large, but the people that do play are quite active. The EU version has gotten a new publisher, so I'm hoping that things will change a bit. But ye, be prepared for a slow as fuck cultivation (Offline or P2W) progression system though.

2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    A free MMO that doesn't have a toxic community? Impossible. :X3:

3. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the only real nonf2p part was the expansions and ops (could still buy a pass, but they usually went for more creds than f2p could hold) dunno if they did away with cred cap, didn't really get too deep into what was new when i went back to it a few weeks ago, but they adjusted the exp, companions, and gear to the point that sayin it's for casuals is an insult to even them. ah, but apparently they get REALLY pissy if you mention it. at this point, they're basically desperate to keep people and get new people up to new content as quickly as possible, and to hell with them actually learning to use more than 3 skills after 50 levels, aside from usin 'em for shits and giggles.

everquest 2 is free, graphics aren't quite as dated as some other games, but it's still showin its age. it took a bit of a casual turn, but it's still within reason, last i checked. i enjoyed the avatar dungeon maker thing they added, though i never got around to checkin it out as much as i'd have liked. tons of outfits to choose from, though. i love games with plenty of aesthetic choices for clothing.

4. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, of the game I know that are not listed here yet, there are only:
    -Blade&Soul: Wuxia , f2p, complex combat with lots on moves and counters bases on races and classes (oh, no healer classes).
    -Spiral Knights: Space knights land on unexplored planet, mmo dungeon crawlers. Simple to pick up. F2p. Combat revolve around weapons, which can be change at start of each floor. Relaxing game.
    -realm of the mad god: 8bit, top-down , mmo shooter, f2p. Rouge-type game(you die, you start over). Simple to pick up. More class unlock after hitting x lvls as certain class before you die.

Ignus likes this.
  5. ProXy4

ProXy4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest trying out Orake 2D Online. It reminds me a lot of Runescape. Remember, just try it out, so play a few levels. Then you're basically done.