any good mmorpgs out there you guys play?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by winter woods, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. winter woods

winter woods [no Title]

Reading List:
    Link
    so i started playing wow couple of months ago again and well i got bored legion sucked in a bad way but well my opinion any way , i like tree of savior but poor support from devs and grindy a bit dont know if tera and aion are alive and kicking and have potential or not , elder scrolls online seemed god at first but it wasnt what i was looking for
    i have been searching for smth to waste my time on and smth that maybe i can enjoy games my first choice so if you guys know any good mmorpg new or old doesnt matter but have a running community i dont want to enter a waste land if not let me dive in my anime again ....

2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If u just wanna waste time then play FPS...

3. SirMajorLemon

SirMajorLemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    blade and soul is good

4. winter woods

winter woods [no Title]

Reading List:
    Link
    read it is p2w so its a no go despite me loving the game but yeah
    i am playing fps right now and i even went back to dota 2 (that i hate , maybe im weird)
    and i even started dark souls 2 again so bored

5. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    i play gw2 and its fine

Suijin, Asf and NZPIEFACE like this.
  6. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    ffxiv a realm reborn isnt too bad but it can be easy well atleast it was to me. I love the story tho and the community isnt bad. Over all i enjoy the older MMo's like ffxi , everquest more then the newer styles like wow and ffxiv

7. Reyrey

Reyrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Monster Hunter Online, but it's in Chinese and have shitty stamina system.

8. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll always shill for guild wars 2. Although a lot of the content that came out at launch was pretty lame, they've done nothing but better since then. Tons of casual content for people who aren't too hardcore, and plenty of "end-game" hardcore content. It constantly gets massive updates that change the world and with each update,, there's some interesting mechanics for the bosses.

The main complaint I'd lodge even now is that the beginner experience isn't amazing, especially because of a lack of interesting fights in the starter 1-15 zones, but aside from that, imo best mmo on the market for a long time. It appeals heavily to a niche, is constantly updated, and the pvp is hella fun and easy to get into. Just gotta ask people stuff or be willing to wiki everything, which they actually have an in-game command for wiki help. Super well documented game. Might be hard to ask people as a f2p player though since I think they restrict map chat for f2p.

winter woods, Reyrey and NZPIEFACE like this.
  9. heishiken

heishiken yarvic001 Hell Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    well you can go back to the sad dark side and play wow again, not the best game but the lore made me come back (though be aware that it is a lot different now, however it has some charm now)

Otherwise I would know what you like in mmorpgs are you looking for pure gameplay? or do you want a nice mix or gameplay and lore or do you want a beautiful game.

winter woods likes this.
  10. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blade and soul, PvE only for me.
    Guild Wars 2 is pretty balanced and no pay to win. Need to grind out endgame gear like all MMOs.

If you like online shooting overwatch is good.

NZPIEFACE likes this.
  11. TheFink

TheFink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently started playing Black Desert Online
    In my opinion it's a good MMORPG, has great combat, haven't been playing long enough to know if it's P2W but I don't believe it is, since main thing you buy is cosmetics.

Suijin and winter woods like this.
  12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    HIP HIP HURRAY FOR GUILD WARS 2

13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Or... you could buy gems then turn that to gold then buy everything

14. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly the endgame gear grind in gw2 isn't even bad unless you're trying to get ascended for all your toons, and even then, ascended is account bound so you can simply make 3 sets of ascended, one for each armor type, if you wanted dem max stats that badly. You really only need exotic for most of the content though

15. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Try AQW3D its MMORPG still in closed Beta but soon going to be open Beta in few day you can play it in Steam free to play this game have big community and player support (y)

16. Aldocorona

Aldocorona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TERA is nearly dead... not many players. In my case I couldn't find a good mmoprg... I'm waiting for the BETA of Revelation ONLINE that is comming for this new year.

Astaroth and winter woods like this.
  17. drago

drago Skyrim Maniac

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Runescape

Notaborax and winter woods like this.
  18. Scandalf

Scandalf ~Blood Raven~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well despite being a huge mmorpg fan and playing a lot of them I don't recommend you to start playing any right now. Just because there isn't any actually good one out there. WoW is dying(everyone knows that, Legion was the last chance and we will see how it works out in about 2 months) GW2( has nothing that makes you wanna stay and keep playing) FF:a realm reborn(boring combat, and you need money) blade&soul and Black Desert Online( they keep getting worse as you play them. one is an endless hell of grinding the other is repetetive gameplay.)
    and so on...

Like I said earlier, I recommend you don't play any mmorpg just now because you will just be dissappointed. you should instead try other genres. There are a ton of new amazing games that just came out. Better examples being, Battlerite, Smash&grab( I think it is called, not sure though) try rocket league if you didn't already. maybe even Osu! if you didn't play it before

winter woods likes this.
  19. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Guild wars 2 is the best you can get for now I think. Amazing gameplay. Not p2w. Rich cosmetic and character costumization. Interesting event. And more...

20. MataMelirik

MataMelirik *wink*wink*

Reading List:
    Link
    there are a good ol mmorpg that i used to play, its called lineage2, but i dont know it still exist or not

yxpoh likes this.