Spoiler Are You Addicted? (Yaoi)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by shouahang58, Jun 6, 2017.

1. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Rabbitson likes this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh! Tsundere! Very close to my kind of fav cha (yandere)

4. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    \o/ TQ people. Keep chucking the yaoi tags so I can watch the threads. HUEHUE

gggo, Victuuri and LaDyViL like this.
  5. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    @krrizis if it helps i put all the yaoi threads that i follow in my sig >.>

krrizis, kiara8 and LaDyViL like this.
  6. w3irdg3m

w3irdg3m Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude you should totally read the book. It's so freaking good. The characters are great. Book 1 has been completely translated a few days ago. Book 2 is being translated right now by a very quick translator. She's churning out one chapter a day. I just got into BL stuff in March. Addicted was my first BL show and novel.

They meet at school, they fight and bicker, but they slowly get to know each other. Guhai falls head over heels for Bai Luo Yin. Bai Luo Yin likes GH too but they were both involved with girls before so this is not normal for BLY. As the novel progresses, you see all the great things GH does to help BLY's family, who is really poor. GH is from a rich military family but he hates his father because he thinks his father had something to do with his mom's death. His dad GWT also remarried. What GH and BLY does not know is that they are brothers through the marriage of their parents. When BLY and GH finds out, BLY kicks GH out of his life. But they reconcile eventually. Due to all the good things that GH has done for BLY and his family, BLY's heart slowly softens towards GH. After some more misunderstandings because BLY's exgf comes back, they eventually get together. For people who do not like rape, there's a rape scene. BLY eventually forgives GH. They are happy together. Then GWT, GH's dad finds out and tries to separates them. They decide to runaway together. Eventually because the dad thinks that these feelings will eventually run its course, because they are both young, he allows them to come back. He does not approve of their relationships but will not interfere. So GH and BLY goes home. This is where BLY confesses their relationship to his own dad, who eventually accepts them. Everything seems to be going swimmingly but because GH only lives for BLY, his cousin Gu Yang feels that BLY is too disastrous for GH so he wants to kill him off. He did something to BLY's car but GH was driving which made them both get into an accident. GH shielded BLY in the accident so was injured pretty badly. After seeing GH almost dying and not invincible like he originally thought, BLY decides to leave GH. This is where Book 1 ends.

8 years have passed. GH still has no idea where BLY is. BLY is now a major in the air force. He made a deal with GWT to enlist in the army in place of GH so that GH would not have to. GH is the president of a company. They meet again, both still have feelings for each other but deny it to the other. It's a cat and mouse game. They will not admit their feelings for each other. GH's vice president is a pretty woman that has been in love with him for years. When they first meet again after the 8 years, GH said that she was his fiancee just to get a rise out of BLY. BLY was sad but did not do anything. Because GH pissed off BLY because of the fake fiancee, BLY decided to go on a blind date. The blind date turns out to be a chick that works in GH's company. They both hurt each other by thinking the other has moved on. The VP's mother is dying so she asked GH for a favor, pretend to get engage with her, and since BLY "has" a gf, GH agrees. On the day of his engagement, BLY didn't go but instead went on a mission where he was shot down and was MIA. GH skipped out on his engagement to go find BLY. He eventually finds BLY and they both head back together. They both agree that they will get rid of their gfs. However, they are both playing with each other, no one wants to give in first.

That's where the translations have left off. Book 1 is 1-208, Book 2 is 1-106, I think that includes the epilogues. It's a really good read. Chai Ji Dan writes some amazing BL novels. I'm still waiting for her Advance Bravely series to come out. Lol, It's almost midnight where I am . This is all coming from memory. LOL. I was so addicted and kept on reading and rereading the chapters last month.

7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the sammuries!!!!

Arg....this sounds more like a shojo manga plot orz......so much draaama ....i guess i have to wait untill its finished before i read it (that way i can skip half the book :D)

Kittsune and kiara8 like this.
  8. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    although the drama is good, but i personally recs you to read the novel from the start, bc there's few part that's not included in the drama, plus ofc the forbidden scenes :love:

and the part where Bai Luo Yin told his father about Gu Hai though . . .:cry: the feels

9. itsmerese

itsmerese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello and so sorry for the sudden reply here hihi. I would just like to inform the people here that Chai Jidan's Advance Bravely is already available in Wattpad, same with her Counterattack novel. It has a lot of chapters already so for those who are waiting for its release you go and have fun while reading it.;)

alexfilia likes this.
  10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's listed on NU here http://www.novelupdates.com/series/advance-bravely/ :X3:

11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    alexfilia and LaDyViL like this.
  12. itsmerese

itsmerese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello again! I just want to tell everyone that I've found the complete translated version of Addicted book 2. It's already completely translated so you could go read and enjoy it.

Here's the link by the way :LOL:

Due to some error I could not post any link but you can find it in rosyspell wordpress

Enjoy!!

krrizis likes this.
  13. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haha, same here, sometimes I feel like I'm baited into reading a yaoi-washed version of a shoujo novel.

alexfilia likes this.
  14. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, it is drama, but the characters are masculine enough. You won't have to deal with an uke who might as well be a woman. The seme is a bit too possessive and immature at his younger age, but his love is the fully devoted type. I still wish the rape didn't happen. It's always so unnecessary in a romance. But the author managed to give it some purpose within the plot, so it wasn't just brushed aside. And if I can trust my memory, the couple reverses their positions from time to time. The writing style is very engaging. Although modern setting usually bores me, this one kept my attention with its humor and realistic characters interacting with each other. I came to love a lot of the cast. It was just brilliant. Highly recommended.

Jossy_Jikookmin and alexfilia like this.
  15. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    Rape????
    What rape? I don't remember reading anything about rape in this novel.

16. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, it's the worst part of the novel, but at least it wasn't swept aside afterwards. ML got super jealous because of MC's ex girlfriend's tricks and MC was being his usual taciturn self, while ML was his usual impatient self, so they didn't clarify anything. And while ML stewed in jealousy, he couldn't wait anymore, so he kidnapped MC (like he'd done once before, it was a good indicator the ML gets unstable when it comes to love) and then raped him. And since he's a first-timer and had no idea of gay sex, lube, etc. it was a bloody mess. MC had to be hospitalized and ML realized he'd done the worst. There were some redemption scenes, the ML really regretted and was ready to let the MC wreck him in return. He was pretty desperate for forgiveness, so he was ready for anything really. I dunno, I felt his regret and despair, but at the same time, I really despised him right then.

17. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    And later Gu Hai indeed let Luo Yin top him, and the result quite funny:blobxd:

18. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I ultimately ended up liking Gu Hai. You rarely get to see a top willing to bottom in these kinds of novels. Usually, when the top hears the suggestion, he'll react like he heard something extremely frightening or impossible. I do like the strictly set roles of top and bottom, and I don't care for reversible couples, but it still somehow bugs me when the top reacts like that suggestion is unthinkable. Like, he can dish it but can't take it? Sounds hypocritical to me.

19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    aroung what chapter did this happen? ....did his parents find out about this (that their son did these kind of things and got to the hospital)

20. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    btw @LaDyViL san none of the links for this novel on the NU page work o.o ...i dont know why >.>

LaDyViL likes this.