LCD Arena

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooo elf party members. Sounds good. It would be good if he stayed long, that way he we can see OP growth and new possibilities.

2. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the mc is going to stay as a loner in this novel or if he's going to start building a kingdom or an army... the elves are good for his first companions.
    But even if he is planning on going down the route of becoming a lord/king, it'll take a long time from where he is atm.

3. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well guys, after extensive arguing if he is getting an elf gf or not...
    We have our answer BAHAHAHA~!
    He's stealing eldest mother's husband xD

Seriously though, the next test will probably be clearing out the monsters between the trees of life

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  4. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Derrick too OP, pls nerf!

5. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that guns will become as common place as the commenters think... he's special because the syph targets for him... the original magic gun shoots 1 ball at a time and has poor aim. They're comparable to bows and don't break the balance.
    Only test takers would have real guns that shoot bullets and they would need to be friends with the maker, which is his friend, so they wouldn't attack his people probably

Edit: ...only 1 million... ^^;;; isn't that like almost 4% of his total net worth...?
    I guess he does hold a cure all for disease in his hands...
    The commenters are so mad about him "spending on his gf"... am i the only one who thinks he was spending on himself? He bought a nice house and tv and stuff,,, thats his stuff yanno?
    But he should really tell his family...

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  6. Mings

Mings Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He already told them he has a good job with millions of income so he can’t use that as the excuse? Also no matter how hard is it to explain, it is not impossible to reveal his true income either. I am sure most of the family in real life would be just happy about it.
    He could buy them a good house and other luxurious stuff and say that it is a gift from company etc. He already got a car like that. Instead, he just moved on one with gf, ignoring them.

He is not even using that flame of life secretly on his mother like he thought about before. On another hand he is getting crazy over his girlfriend, that is fine and all but compared to how he is treating his family over her makes me feel really disgusted.

I just read some comments saying he has no obligation to spend money on his family and i was actually kind of shocked. If you’re earning this much money and still feel no obligation to spend on family, that’s really messed up. He could also die anytime. He should have made them happiest when there is a chance. At least, start some good business for his mother and sisters so they don’t have to sell chicken on road. They don’t even have the dad, so it’s just his mother and sister that raised him yet not helping them with sharing burden even a bit is really too much.

His little sister, even if she is acting spoiled, the way he treats her makes me doubt if she is really his sister. Instead of acting like she is some annoying bug, he could have just told her if she studied hard he would reward her with some stuff she likes. Instead, he just gave her some dollars after getting blackmailed so she can go to the club and annoy him less.

I feel like he could do much more things with money that would be helpful even in the arena or just simply spending them on luxury without wasting time on going vacations and at least start some cover up business too.

Overall I feel this as the weak point of the good novel. Even if he tries to help them on very late, the fact won’t change. This makes me less enthusiastic about it because the novel also spends too much time in the modern world yet there are not much progress other rather upgrading skills with karma. The money just feels like numbers instead of being useful.

SerialBeggar likes this.
  7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I think his IQ is dropping with each power increase.

In the recent karma division, he didn't even bother trying to get any cheap skills to synthesize with and see if he can get something interesting. He didn't even bother trying to synthesize with items while he was in the village. For example, branch of world tree + flame of life.

So much missed opportunity.

AkeShiro and Mings like this.
  8. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR I felt super duper ultimately disappointed, or zombie with the flame of life? I wonder what it would turn out

9. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, well, first, he didn't tell his family he got a good job making millions a year...
    he told them he got a good job making like 60k a year and they didn't believe him and made him come up with the contract...
    If he told his family they would be worried that he works for the triad, if he started throwing around tons of cash... then his scary noona would beat the truth out of him.

It's not like his family is destitute though... his mother is a healthy and energetic business owner, his noona is a successful lawyer who actually was subsidizing the youngest's rampant partying. It's not like LMS where the mc was dirt poor.
    They joke about how "bad" it would be to have to sell chicken, but apparently it makes a lot more than the average OL job, and they own that business, which is why his mother keeps trying to push one of them to be the successor. They just want desk jobs because it's not glamorous.

All that said, no one said he wouldn't help his family out, he just got a lot of money and wanted to buy nice stuff for himself. People who win the lottery do this stuff all the time, it's completely realistic.

As for him spending so much time out of arena,,, well he did just have a training montage, so the last 2 trials were not very story heavy... maybe the next challenge will be more challenging

10. Mings

Mings Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that hard to lie through it. The thing about how parents would not believe and the thing he is doing some dirty stuff is just a lame trick of authors so that he can impress them little by little. I get annoyed every time I see it in novels, it is actually used in a lot of them. Nowadays there are many ways to earn instant money, even gaming tournaments can make someone rich.

Even if his family doing fine, he can make them live a lot more comfortable lifestyle. The reaction more intense here is because he is doing so with his gf while not even giving a single penny to his family from his so-called job while he got a Porsche for free from it. There is no way that someone would feel suspicious about it.

So in real money look really useless as it is just sitting numbers on the bank. I feel like in some other novels which used the same trick. When it can be used in so many ways.

11. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    ... everyone in his family are adults... i don't see any problem with not spreading out money to all your relatives just because you get some... that's not the way the world works o_O. Also, he's doing things with his girlfriend, but most of what they got is for himself, you know? If we compare, he's spent about as much on his sister as he has on his gf~ yeah she gets to be in the apartment because she's sleeping with him, but he's not buying her a house and car or anything.

Anyway, if you were in his shoes what would you do with the money?

12. Sea Dog

Sea Dog 『Rabid』『Mad Dog』

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about it this way, wgich is better having 100 level 1 skills or 1 level 100 skill? Not directly proportional but still leveling the skills he already has doesnt mean he's getting dumber. It could be seen that he did it after the training to cover the areas he already discovered he was deficient in.

Magicwafflez likes this.
  13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    That is relative. First of all he is paying way more cost to level up to higher skills. But also what makes level 1 skills awesome is that they offer potential growth without wasting karma.

Not to mention his training was very limited situational, and can't be said to show weaknesses in actual combat with all kinds of opponents.

One skill I can think of which usually is a must is a "sense danger" skill. He has his protection and all, but that is still limited. Another is poison resistance.

And synthesizing with items is virtually free.

14. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought the karma reward was going to be at least 5k but then its just 3.6

15. Sea Dog

Sea Dog 『Rabid』『Mad Dog』

Reading List:
    Link
    well considering what he had before that's quite a jump (double last reward)

16. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree he is not using synthesise properly. If only he had somebody he trusted he could discuss things with and get suggestions on how to use his main skill and that unique synthesis well. He himself is just considering the straightforward stuff, not the abuses of the system.

17. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I think practically it is impossible to complete all the mission with just intermediate lv 5 does that mean if his rank is highest he can learn aura?

18. wes174

wes174 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why didnt he ask for lots of items as the favor therefore combining them with skills? I feel like the author is limiting his use of his special skill so he isnt too op or so he doesnt have to think of alot of skills.

19. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    he is probably thinking about the next mission. like maybe the mission survive and protect the elves.. if so the alliance will perk him more karma reward.

20. wes174

wes174 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah but he also didnt even look at any of the possible skills he could have got with his points and decided to invest them all, despite the fact that he could have found atleast one that looks like it might have good synergy with another skill.

he has 2 ways to use his op AF skill but hes barley acknowledging it.