Astrealine: Permanently New Game Plus

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Asinine Rymme, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Natsume

Natsume Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty awesome story. I'll be waiting for volume 2.

2. Asinine Rymme

Asinine Rymme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally I have internet again.

3. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 23
    Part I

As much as I wished for things to have gone as planned, it was more likely for there to be a great mess than not. So, while I have stated how things would end up being, the actual details were a bit more complicated. Of course, this is only with regards to the fellow adventurers we have met up with. I am still unsure whether I should tell Vena and the others.

First things are first, with Lucifer, who had declared herself to be Fel Ruic. She claims that she was a vessel that was captured and kept in the dungeon for use of the demon lords. With some mental transmission, Dessa told me that it was the generic dialogue of demon lords to hide within human society. Or at least, it's one of those plans they would follow in case they needed to blend in.

As for other details and why it was Lucifer that we encountered, she said that Lucifer initially possessed her (she spoke as if she was a victim which was quite convincing) to investigate the disappearance of her sister, Asmodeus. She said, however, that it was all she knew and sought help. I already planned to get in touch with Rionna-san so this much is fine, I guess.

As for Myrina, she declared that my actions were supposedly noticed by one of the goddess. She said that at this time, heroes are being summoned by the goddesses to subdue the dungeons and prevent the revival of the Great Demon Overlord (GDO). Myrina looked at me as if wanting to speak more but withheld so. She had quite good acting skills and there seemed to be no hostility with regards to the previous incident. I could be wrong though. From her eyes though, I feel like we should discuss something with just the two of us. I'll also inquire about the goddesses with Rionna-san.

With that in mind, the question about the dungeon's rewards were brought up. Of course, it was complicated as there was a different final boss. Fel, however, said that she could give the rewards but only at Lucifer's dungeon. She would gladly bestow it upon us. The dungeon should still recognize her as the vessel. For this dungeon though, she said that she will have to find Asmodeus' vessel first.

"Ah, but didn't Kiryuu-dono have the 「Overlord of Lust」 title?"

It was brought up by none other than Iris-san. There was no other way to express my innermost thoughts except for one word.

Fuck.

Okay, think fast. Hm. It was at times like these that I would be able to rely on that self of mine and not this protagonist profile. I was quite good with words and lies were easy to spring forth. But my current self feels anxious and guilty. It's inconvenient but it makes me feel human. I do not dislike feeling human. It's actually quite refreshing actually. I'm probably weird for being able to find this sort of thing not unpleasant.

I had no words as I looked at Dessa. Thankfully, our savior arrives soon after. At least, that's what I thought.

Part II

As if an angel had descended, no offense to an actual angel in the party, Rionna-san was accompanied with several knights. Captain Lysis was with her as well. It seems that they were prepared for a fight but Rionna-san just heaved a sigh of relief when they saw us.

"We sensed a surge of both demonic and divine power so we immediately rushed here."

Right, apparently I did not know fully well how dungeons worked still. What I know is that when a dungeon is being conquered, those that were able to do so were able to skip levels. Normally, this is done so they can continue from safe points. There was a safe point before the boss room so they must have used that.

I was curious as to how they were able to use safe points but it seems that Rionna-san was recognized as one of those that had conquered the previous form of the dungeon during her adventurer days. So even when the dungeon rebuilt itself, adventurers of previous days were still recognized. As to why this is so, it's because the dungeons are a great place for gaining experience. I'll look up things about dungeons in the future as well.

Moving on, she took one look at Fel and nodded.

"For subduing another demon lord, I commend you, Kiryuu-san."

Aaand... I'm screwed. With the keyword 'another', it meant that it was no longer possible to hide the fact that my first Overlord title was from defeating Asmodeus. Also, she's one of my wives.

"I leave it to you, Rionna-san."
    "W-wait, Kiryuu-san..."

With a heavy sigh, I passed the responsibility to Rionna-san and went on to my safe haven, which is exclusive to me only. No, I was not escaping responsibility. Stop looking at me for an explanation. Rionna-san is here so she can explain things better. I immediately embraced Vena and leaned by head on her shoulder. That cute squeak of hers will always be music to my ears.

Time for me to recharge a bit.

Rionna-san had called Fel and Dessa over to talk. Although Fel was a bit wary at first, Dessa reassured her that she could trust the High Priestess. It was probably because of how Rionna-san was involved in Dessa being able to live within society until I came along. Although that did reveal that she was just waiting for the GDO's revival then, things changed now. Something like that.

In the meantime, I am getting rather rude stares from the soldiers that Rionna-san had brought. No amount of glaring will ever make me leave my spot, you hear me! Speaking of which, I initially laid out one of the bed rolls from the supplies so I can recharge while cuddling Vena. I noticed that Shino was fidgeting a bit so I asked her to give me a lap pillow which she happily obliged.

The female adventurers that I had explored the lower half the the dungeon could only sigh and shake their heads. I think I heard some stuff along the lines of 'doting husband', but also some things like 'show off', and 'explode'.

After a while, Fel and Dessa returned and sat beside Shino. From the looks of things, Rionna-san would be able to arrange accommodations for Fel as well. Although she was given the option to perform a contract with me. At the mention of it, I felt Vena stiffen a bit.

I kissed her cheek but she pouted and elbowed my side instead.

"P-performing a contract... that's a bit..."
    "Fufufu~ What's the matter, Fel? Can't handle it?"
    "D-don't compare me to someone like you, you failure of a succubus! You and your useless bags of fat!"
    "Kiryuu-sama has already taught me the pleasures of a woman. You're just jealous that you can't match up, even though you obviously tried."

Of course, the two started to quarrel and in a rather strange way too by groping and fondling each other's chest. While it might be a wondrous sight for most people, I felt like showing any positive reaction to the glorious battle before me would warrant death.

"Fu~ Calling me an airhead even though you're much less experienced than I. How insolent."
    "H-how do you...? Stop reading my memories!"
    "I just want to see how you shamed yourself by trying to go against Kiryuu-sama. Show me~"

They went from groping to pulling on each other's cheeks. And while it was quite a lively display, I felt Vena sigh as she had been looking at Fel.

"Nn, just how many women are you aiming for Kiryuu-san?"
    "I-it's not like that at all..."

Noooo. I feel terrible when Vena's looking at me with those sad eyes. I can't win against that. And that's not my intention, I swear. I must have forgotten to exclude the harem setting. I should really hit the library when we get back. I know polygamy is accepted but isn't it a bit troubling for those involved? In my attempt to blend in, I've been succeeding in doing the complete opposite.

"Fel-san is... okay, I guess. But... that woman. I don't trust her at all."

Her gaze went from Fel to Myrina, who was currently in a conversation with Rionna-san. I recalled that Vena had that kind of ability. I was going to ask what it was that she sees but she already went ahead and told me.

"Mwu, she seems to tense up every time she looks at you. Her aura radiates both hatred and fear for some reason."
    "I-is that so? And Fel?"
    "She's slightly curious but almost completely terrified... what did you do, Kiryuu-san?"

Ah, I would not be able to hide it from Vena, it seems. But now that she said it, Dessa is curious as well. Shino is puffing her chest out with pride. Good job. I mean, there should be nothing wrong with me enjoying the view as my head lays on her lap, right?"

"Nn, I'll tell you later. It's... a bit..."
    "Kiryuu-sama, please tell me everything about Fel's failure~"

Part III: Between Envoy and Oracle

"Can you really do nothing about it?"
    "Unfortunately, no. If what you say is true then we should not act recklessly, right?"
    "I see. I suppose that is the wise choice."
    "It is such a strong geass. I have never seen anything like it."
    "That man is not to be trusted but not one to underestimate either..."
    "I will have people look into this. For now, I can at least reestablish a connection between you and the goddess."
    "You have my thanks. Please, tread carefully around that man."

Myrina had recognized that the woman before her was a priestess—no, much more than that. She was someone that held a great amount of power and authority. But to think that even she could do nothing against the curse that bound her. There was some small relief, however, when she was told that she would at least be able to communicate once more with the goddess Maia.

Bowing as a gesture of gratitude and farewell, Myrina found a small space in which she could meditate and call upon the guidance of her goddess. She sat in a formal pose with her wings laid down as a gesture of submission. Her hands clasped together in a prayer.

'Maia-sama! Can you hear me?'
    'Myrina?! Myrina, is that you?!'
    'Yes, Maia-sama. It is I.'
    'Your manner of speaking changed so I was unsure.'
    'It must have been the influence of that man.'
    'I see... that man. How are you able to speak to me?'
    'Forgive my actions. I sought the help of one of the heroes you have summoned here before. However, she could not dispel the geass but allowed me to speak with you.'
    'Then all is well, at least.'
    'What is your will?'
    'Play along. Allow me to be your eyes and ears. I am not sure how but when he left, I was able to see through more of his memories. He... is not someone we can handle. I've asked Alexios to gather my sisters but even then...'

Myrina felt tense. She had high hopes when she heard that the seven sisters were gathering. However, she did not expect to hear those next words.

'...even then, we might not stand a chance. No, we do not stand a chance. This man, Kiryuu. While that is the name given to him in this world, his real name is something else. Do not provoke him, but try to curry favor.'
    'Forgive my tongue but it should not be possible for a man to be able to stand against the Congress of Light!'
    'LISTEN TO ME!'

She shuddered. In that moment, she had stopped breathing for a while. The voice of her goddess reverberated through her very being.

'F-forgive me.'
    'Do anything it takes to get him to our side but do not provoke his wrath. If you're not confident then just observing his actions is enough.'
    'Yes, Maia-sama.'
    'I will speak with you every now and then. For now, I must convince my sisters not to lay a hand on him.'

Silently, to no one, Myrina prayed that the priestess would not take any actions that would conflict with her goddess' interests.

On the other hand, the priestess that had bid the angel farewell, ordered the soldiers to stand guard and not allow anyone else from entering. Rionna had always thought that Kiryuu was a promising hero but she did not expect him to accomplish such a feat. So much that she could not stop herself from trembling. She kept herself composed as she checked the status of the adventurers and aided those that needed healing.

In a way, she inquired about many things about the new hero. What she gathered were but words of praise. There were comments about him having several wives but his abilities were ultimately outstanding. Rionna could not hold it in any longer.

Making the excuse of exploring the area in case there was a need for purification, she secluded herself in a hidden area. Once she was certain that she was out of sight and earshot, her knees gave way and she leaned against one of the columns. She panted as she loosened her clothes. Her fingers wandered as she sought relief and she felt rush coursing through her body.

"Hng... a hero that subjugated two demon lords this quickly..."

Such a thing was already difficult, even for those that were summoned and given blessings could only do so much. While she knew that he was a summoned hero but was certain that he was not one of the seven heroes.

The Congress of Light, a gathering of the seven goddesses after they had summoned their heroes. She was certain because she already met the other six heroes. It was why she initially thought of Kiryuu as a candidate.

"To think that he was summoned by the goddess Maia herself... Not only that but he refused and did such..."

Her form did not fit her occupation at the moment. One might blame the dungeon's influence but in reality, this rush was all the excitement that welled up within her. Things were not only going according to plan, they were exceeding each and every expectation. She had to bite a clean piece of cloth to prevent her voice from being heard.

Once she was done, she took in a deep breath and exhaled. Using purifying magic, she cleansed herself of her act and fixed her clothing. In addition, she had to cast a calming wave over herself in order to keep her composure. That man was certainly dangerous, though she found this in her favor. Without a doubt, he should be able to subdue the remaining demon lords.

"I should... get him an audience with the queen... and myself..."

Ah, not good. She found herself grinning in a rather silly manner. She took a moment in order to take on the facade of a holy maiden once more. She would play along with this farce and proceeded to greet the seventh hero of the Congress of Light. While at it, she thought, she might jokingly offer performing the ritual of matrimony for the angel and the new demon lord.

Rionna muttered to herself in hoping that the angel would not take any actions that would conflict with her interests.

Innocent likes this.
  4. Natsume

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally another chapter!

5. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    I had no internet and electricity for about 5-6 days. orz

Also, I'm on an internship so I have little free time. ._.

6. Natsume

Reading List:
    Link
    a masochist?lol

7. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm. It'll be explained eventually. XD

8. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of wondering if people are curious as what kind of person Reiku (his real identity) actually is. xD

9. Natsume

Reading List:
    Link
    He sounds like a typical mc harem guy..

10. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    He's actually more like that side character womanizer than an MC really. Unless your typical MC harem guy is along the line of Darx/Dierks then yeah. XD

11. Natsume

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Darx type of MC. Where he conquer all..

12. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that kind of category. I guess what's important at times is the development or something. I plan to write his origins in the future as well.

13. Starstorm

Starstorm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoy your story, will this be contained to only the planet he's currently on? Dimensional/World travel is really interesting.

Also, I really like the MC. It must be boring to always be a serious business womanizer, sometimes you just want to be someone else, do some "good" deeds and lighten up your life a little.

14. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to see. I'm leaning more towards having other worlds in the future or writing up his origins. And yeah, that's a bit of an issue when someone can't die permanently. You'd always want to find something new. XD

15. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Oi! There's way too much exposition in the first few chapters.... WHY INTRODUCE A CLASS SYSTEM THAT'S THAT COMPLICATED? WHY!!!! IF YOU HAD TO LEVEL UP ONE AT A TIME, IT WOULD TAKE FUCKING FOREVER TO GET ANYWHERE.

Why is it Basic -> Advanced -> Intermediate?! Dude, WHY!

AND HIS HEALTH, WHY THE FUCK DID HIS HEALTH INCREASE IN CHAPTER 5? AND WHY GET A SLAVE FOR COMBAT IF YOU CAN BEAT THEM? IT'S COUNTER-INTUITIVE!

And the descriptions! Don't leave everything to my mind! What's with this sadistic way of writing? I'll imagine that everything is steampunk, 'kay? I'll imagine all those descriptions, 'kay?!

Edit: Rant after reading first 5 chapters + Prologue in a sitting.

And what does he look like? I keep imagining Makishima Shougo

16. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    1. That went over my head. You're right. It's supposed to be intermediate before advanced.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2. It's because of the level up, I think? And the properties of the weapon. Or I might have missed something again.
    [​IMG]
    3. I'll try and add more detail, I have a bad habit of getting carried away sometimes so I try to minimize it.
    [​IMG]
    4. The faceclaim I use for him for my Tumblr RPing is Darx from Bunny Black, hence the comparison a while ago, and Naofumi from Tate no Yuusha.
    [​IMG]

17. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the only point I didn't understand...

18. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea why I used that gif either when I was just mostly telling my faceclaim for him.

As for the faceclaim, I RP the original identity of the character on Tumblr. People often use faceclaims of a character that looks similar to them or something like that. I'm planning to do some character designs once I am finished with my internship though. It will be good practice.

19. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't understand..... What's 'faceclaim'?

And also, why is Vena 3 fucking heads shorter than him.

20. Asinine Rymme

Reading List:
    Link
    A faceclaim normally applies to OC's (original characters) in which the faceclaim is a known character from another series to resemble what the OC might look like.

Also, I probably had a liking for a short elf heroine during the time so that's probably it. I can't recall much. He's a pretty tall person although I do suppose 3 heads may be too short. Hm. I should try sketching stuff soon, I suppose.

Edit: Three heads is a bit too much. Derp derp.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016