Spoiler Being an Author is a High Risk Occupation

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I...might be too possessive of food. If I see a character withholding food from another character, or stealing their food, or interrupting feeding time...I get really mad :blobangery:. When I read the ML was punishing MC with veggie diet, whatever the reason, I started hating him 50% more. There's something I really can't forgive about controlling another human (or animal in this case) through food.:blobdevil:

That said, I'll try to hold back my ire to enjoy the story for its other elements :blobmelt:.

2. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 20 - MC runs off while ML is meditating. He meets Lan Lin again. Lan Lin (a beast cat that has cultivated for 200 years) ask MC what's his relationship with ML. Have they gone to the last step? And MC misunderstands his question and says, no they don't have a life contract yet. We're almost 22% through the story and ML still hasn't seen MC in his human form.

Chapter 22 - Someone tries to buy MC again. ML says no. I'm too used to eating, living, and sleeping together with him. If he's not in my arms, I can't sleep. And MC thinks that ML words are true, but why do they sound off.

Chapter 23 - ML finally meets MC's human form, but its when he's drugged and blindfolded by MC so he doesn't know its MC. One of the system's mission for MC is to have sex with ML. After MC has the initial reaction of 'QAQ, why is it so long, this is going to take his life, he wants to chop that off', system informs him that he has 5 minutes left in humanoid form.

Ch 24 - MC runs off since he won't be able to complete his mission in under 5 minutes. ML spanks him because he thinks MC let in that boy. Otherwise, the boy wouldn't have been able to go past his protective barrier.

Btw, I was confused why ML seemed to followed MC's requests without thinking about it. That seemed such like a bad idea. But its because ML has reincarnated, so he knows that MC's requests are the right ones.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  3. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not only you... I take offense to withholding food for a long period of time. In moderation is okay, long term with intent is not. *starts nomming on heads*

Come to think of it, most of the novels I like involve people being foodies one way or another and bonding through that... Like LBH in Scum Villain keeps cooking for happy foodie SQQ. Or in I've Got Medicine [System], MC keeps cooking nutritional + delicious foods for ML. Or... okay let me just stop here lol

4. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading your comment, I realized I also enjoy those novels with cooking and foodies more (´⊙o⊙`;)... I never thought it was a thing before.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    I love reading novels involving food. I even read God of cooking and other novels that relates to food myself. It just makes me drool like when I'm watching a kdrama and get hungry from seeing the food being eaten. When I read that Ml starved the poor MC. I was like I know that feeling of watching food before your eyes and temptation with not being able to eat it(darn you cooking shows)
    Btw how many chapter of that phoenix not being immortal is there? I been waiting for chapter stacking.

6. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    36 chapters have been translated so far for Little Phoenix is not an Immortal. The total chapter length is 92 chapters.

Have you read the manga 'What did you eat yesterday?' The main character cooks 2-3 dishes every chapter and the rest of the chapter is slice of life about troubles someone encounter when they reach middle age and also being gay in Japan. But, its not angsty at all. Ironically, the quality of the unofficial scanlations is better than the official legal translations.

readerz and alexfilia like this.
  7. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying out a BL novel once, I think it was The Villain is Determined to Reform. I'm into yandere ML's, so I went for it. But the kid ML was too crafty and at one point he slyly tricked the (beyond dumb) MC into not eating magic beast meat, for I don't even know what purpose. The meat was actually helpful for cultivation... I think the ML just likes seeing the MC distressed, bullying the MC (he doesn't let others bully him tho). And I got so pissed off, it was half the reason I later dropped the novel ~_~;;. First, that the ML (3-4 year old and unrealistically smart for that age) would limit the MC's food, even when said food is beneficial for his personal growth. Second, that the MC, who's mentally much older than the brat, would agree to this shit. The brat tricked him with words, but there was a reasonable way he could get out of it. I think it went something like:
    MC: You shouldn't kill people. Every life matters. (ML wanted to test some torture method on people in general, not necessarily villains)
    ML: Every life? What about magic beasts/animals?
    MC: ...Yes.
    ML: Then if you don't eat meat, I won't kill people.

...*insert Worst Trade Deal Ever meme* There were so many ways to reject the brat's stupid deal, but the MC is spineless... And this has turned into a novel bashing, lmao. Anyway, that food part is what turned me off the ML first.

8. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall wait for more then since I tend to binge read. Also no I have not read that manga and yeah official releases do tend to come out worse sometimes. For ex. Overlord vol 2 ln official release refers to Hamsuke as "she" when we all know its male.
    Yandere males are great and wow I indeed would be annoyed if the novel is too far off reality but since I havent read it I cant really say asides from why would you starve yourself man thats torture. Food is life.

Topic wise when does ML fall for MC and reasons for why the MC has a system?

sheisthedemon93 and kiara8 like this.
  9. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    As a human? As of chapter 32, he doesn't know about MC's human form yet. Everyone know that ML loves cat!MC. There's a rumor that an elder tried to buy cat!MC for 10,000 spiritual stones and was rejected. During chapter 28 or 29, this girl wants to pair cultivate with ML and after he says no, some elder-type person asks what he wants since he rejected that girl. ML mentions that he likes the boy he saw the time the MC drugged him, but he doesn't know who that boy is.

Not sure about second question.

Chapter 30 - ML is suspicious about MC. MC avoids answering his questions. MC is put back on congee diet. Although partially its because ML thinks that MC is eating too much fish and congee will help MC's digestive system.

Chapter 31 - MC is lured away from ML by Lan Lin using fish. Lan Lin lures MC away from ML so that he can molest him and provide him cultivation training. (Lan Lin knows that MC is ML's cat from several chapters ago.) MC has learned to change into his humanoid form without the cat ears and tail =/ or rather its an upgrade offered by the system.

Chapter 33 - System offers MC an online shopping store since he's earned so many points. When the system offers to sell him modern cat food, MC initially is like no way. Later the system gives him free curry flavored beef and chicken cat food. MC starts thinking, am I still human? I've been eating congee for months. Then, he starts voraciously eating the cat food. Poor author. You've sunk so low.

I'm listening to the story while translating another story, so I'm just mentioning random things that happen.

10. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    I love world building stories so this definitely is a highlight for me <3

11. aNonYm0U5

aNonYm0U5 I’ll do it tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any translated chap yet?

12. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope it hasnt picked up yet

13. aNonYm0U5

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh...:blobexpressionless:

I can start mtling it if I read the tled 1st chapters... Otherwise I'll just probably lose my mind... Quickly wear the face of the devil. Is really easy to mtl though... And also i got info from spoilers....

14. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 35 - ML finally meets MC's human form. ML asks MC how did MC get into his room and why did he do that and then stop. MC says its because he loves ML. MC thinks that he would accept catboy!MC as a lover if his wasn't for cat!MC and that catboy!MC's behavior seems very similar to cat!MC.
    Chapter 36 - ML sorts out his feelings and figures out who catboy!MC is. Not sure why its taking him so long to realize catboy!MC = cat!MC

Chapter 42 - ML asks MC to sign a life contract. System says it will give MC points for its online shopping mall if he signs contract, but no punishment if he says no (usually System will say MC will lose all of his cat fur if he doesn't follow System's orders). System also says its meant to be there as a guide, not to make all of the decisions for MC.
    Chapter 43 - ML tricks MC into changing back into his human form by saying he'll feed him barbecue. System kindly offers free lube. MC has to explain to ML what lube is. Then its the next night. MC feels sore and thinks about castrating ML.
    Chapter 44 - MC has his first fight in some tournament. The other guy get distracted looking at his tail and blushing. MC wins.

15. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    On google translate, MC is Pei extraordinary and ML is sub-car if that helps.

16. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am always in awe at the names Google-sensei spits out. Just when I think they couldn't get any weirder......
    :facepalm:

Kleep, Zhen_Qing, Hanaru and 4 others like this.
  17. aNonYm0U5

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha he's still useful in satisfying our cravings though.... Scriptor can u read chinese and japanese?..

Also that unicorn has become ur icon... I see unicorn and i think scriptor was here...

Hanaru and scriptor like this.
  18. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, the names in this one are pretty weird b/c the author used a random name generator for everyone. It took me a while before I realized that ML had a two character last name at the very beginning, and I'm guessing the "sub-car" part is what his last name gets translated to. His given name means something like 'severing fate', though that might not be what shows up with mtl.

19. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I'm passed the world building phase of the story, I like it a lot more. We're still learning more about the world, but world building is not 90% of the chapter anymore.

I thought this was really funny. In chapter 33's author notes, the system hash tags.

#Why is my host so stupid?#
    #Host, did you take the wrong medicine today?#
    #I want to change jobs. I'm worried that my IQ will decrease one day.#
    #Can a story written by a stupid author be any good?#
    #I don't understand this world anymore.#

Also, is it possible that the MC is becoming less intelligent or more animal like because he's been in the body of a cat for so long? Some of his thoughts and actions seem so stupid (but harmless) as a human, but understandable if he was a cat.

20. Novel otaku desu

Novel otaku desu 『R0 Trickster』『Sleeping Fox』『Desucchi』

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie::cookie::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    Aaah.... i feel my stress is lift up after seeing so many bl novels XD
    Thx thx~