Spoiler Beloved Marriage in High Society

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, May 30, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel sounds really cute >.> ....i had to read it twice to figure out it was bl (it sounded that cute and fluffy o.o) (and made me curious about the ml *cough* >.>)....who is the other person who did a do over ?

I'm sorry @scriptor i couldnt resist .....its all @winter-t 's awesome updated rec list's fault *almost dies of cuteness* then *runs off crying*

also pokes @kiara8 :D

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You had me at BL (灬♥ω♥灬)

3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@iampsyx you reading this novel? @Matsurika?

alexfilia and LaDyViL like this.
  4. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I also wish to know who's the other person having a do-over. I blame @kiara8 for mentioning [big spoiler for another novel]
    Sharing Rain and Dew.

kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  5. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOOOOOOHHHHH

*goes off to MTL like a crazy person*

stumblmer, LaDyViL and alexfilia like this.
  6. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia The target has taken the bait. Now to wait for some teasers...

Tintl, 08phamann, bluep and 4 others like this.
  7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sorry T.T.... i try not to make anymore spoiler threads for not tl novels bl novels but in this case the sugar won! orz

scriptor and LaDyViL like this.
  8. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read MTLs...:(:(:( Even though that novel sounds really cute...Somebody please translate it soon! *crosses fingers*

Hanaru likes this.
  9. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
  10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Long novel lol, going to have to split summary into chunks again:

MC is good-looking in a delicate, scholarly way I think. ML is tall and built like a male model; wouldn't be out of place in the entertainment industry lololol~

MC is illegitimate son of a rich/noble family. He was picked up by his grandmother (?) and constantly verbally abused, being called a 'waste' and so on. This drove him to work super hard in academics and he specializes in pharmacy. When he was finally no longer a 'waste,' he realized it was only because he became a 'tool.' His first life is very gray and boring; he dies from overwork.

Having gone back in time, our MC realizes it's all an exercise in futility. He refuses to overwork since they're not going to acknowledge him anyway; instead, he'd just rather live an easy life and get into an arranged marriage set by the family.

On ML's side, he and his mother have no good feelings between them. This arranged marriage is a byproduct of their arguments and the only 'control' she can exert over ML since he grew up fast and is successful. ML's mom is unwilling to wed him to an accomplished noble girl who might support him but is also unwilling to degrade their family by making him marry someone absolutely terrible like MC's family's main son (who whores around and wastes money, etc.). She settles on the MC because he's illegitimate (which is enough of a blow) and otherwise not completely unacceptable. ML's attitude is 'whatever' and he's basically waiting for his mother to cross his bottom line so he can kick her out. ML accepts but also follows up with a background check on the MC.

A meeting is arranged by the families for MC and ML. MC runs away from the party to nap on a tree, but overhears his family's main son (?) and some other guy also getting in an arranged marriage breaking up. MC avoids detection (he didn't want to be there lol), but runs into someone while jumping down. MC briefly explains situation and attempts to go, but he's grabbed back. It's the ML and he tells MC he's his future husband. :3

MC is sort of way too 'honest' according to ML lol, because MC is immediately happy and asks how early they can get married. (MC is doing it so he can get his leisurely life faster) MC also admits that he can't cook, etc. but he's willing to stand by the ML. LOL

They agree to go ahead with the marriage. There's also a cute moment in which ML smiles (an existence as rare as a non-chubby unicorn~). Then he frowns because MC admits he's hungry and last time he ate was the day before and it was like 2 eggs or something. ML suspected the MC's family was terrible enough to starve him and started ordering food for MC, and says that MC will be one of ML's people. MC is just happy that ML's giving him food and tells him he likes this part of him lol. XD

Blah blah, the more MC and ML interact the more happy they are with each other. This is only the first day and they're already so happy with each other. Trufax fluff, already getting early onset diabetus.

Since they'd exchanged phone numbers, ML calls MC after he gets home. MC ate part of the food ML ordered for him, ML says he'll order more food if it isn't enough (so MC won't have to skimp). MC is so happy that it gets transmitted to our ML's iceblock face. He smiles again! His secretary saw his ice cube boss smiling for once and thought he wanted to pray to whatever fairy achieved this. LOOOOOL

More to come~ Get your insulin ready~

juanexbi, Ceilo27, stumblmer and 35 others like this.
  11. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    kyaaaaa *dies of cuteness <3* ...thaaaank you, you are the best (and super fast :D)

i thought the whole arrenged marriage thing is for the kids to have suitable heirs or something....what the point of that kind of marriage if they cant have children with each other o_O

bluep and scriptor like this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia : I'm assuming in this novel's world, people arrange marriages less for children and more for connections. So malexmale pairings are not uncommon.

Continued~

ML gets called away to meet another family. They wanted to engage their son to him (other half of the broken-up couple MC saw), but ML refuses and says he's made up his mind to marry the MC. Old lady is sad but accepting (she knew ML would be a good husbando). ML has bad impression of the son (think ML saw the break-up too).

On MC's side, his family's stupid son beats him up a bit. MC receives call from ML and ML ends up blushing because MC says very seriously that since ML is so good to him, he'll also return the favor (in the future). The stupid son goes and beats up MC some more but MC ensured that ML was on the line as evidence. ML... is super unhappy at MC getting hurt. He's also unhappy because the stupid son attempted to kiss the MC; luckily our MC was smart enough to smack him away. MC reports everything to ML very seriously lol. Then we learn that MC's life in the orphanage was filled with fighting over food and fighting not to get molested, while the adults punished the MC for fighting. :(

ML says that MC was right to fight back, and MC is super happy because this is the first time someone told him it was good to fight back. He tells ML that he's very nice to him and that he likes him. XDDD

Secretary sitting by his boss (ML) is shocked again. Poor guy's going to get whiplash... Devilish aura of rage transformed into spring due to MC. LOL. ML can't quite bring himself to say 'I like you' back but he tries! He says he'll send over supper (meant to say that he'd come visit with the food lol). And MC gets it, so he just repeats that he likes the ML. ML blushes~ Before the call ends, he reminds MC to contact him if anything's wrong, call or text.

It's hilarious because later the ML is at an important business meeting and sending out a text to the MC to check on him. ML's subordinates (ML is president of a business) all thought that it was some important matter relating to the very lifeblood of the company. XDD

Blah blah, MC's family sucks -- at family dinner, his 'father' only pays attention to him because he's going to get married to the ML (their family is REALLY marrying up with the ML).

As promised, ML calls MC and they meet during the night. MC straightforwardly dives in for a hug, shocking the ML. It's a nice surprise though. They snuggle for a bit before ML hands over the takeout. MC eats and before ML leaves, MC reminds him that he needs to eat well too (lol taking care of him already).

ML's poor secretary is ignored for like the rest of the ride ahahaha~ He comments to himself that his boss has turned into a silly, love-struck man but what about the poor abandoned him? XDD

Other half of the stupid son couple continues to chase after ML, ML is repulsed. ML makes it clear that his future wife will be MC and no one else. <3

MC finds out from the stupid son that there are people going for ML. Somewhat in a panic, he calls ML and asks if there's someone the ML likes because he's afraid he would be breaking up a relationship the ML might have. ML says no, which is huge relief to MC. MC asks ML if he likes him very directly LOL. But then realizes that's too direct and apologizes for embarrassing him. ML can't say anything directly but he does make clear to MC that he doesn't like the other half of the stupid son couple and that he refused him.

Later, there's another meeting and MC and ML go directly to each other right away, ditching the others. Others are shocked lol. MC is a bit unhappy because he's worried that ML will regret marrying him and tells him. ML says he won't regret. And MC continues, saying that he's afraid he isn't the smartest (SMH boy, you went into pharmacy, you can't be that stupid so let ML build up your self-esteem). And ML reassures him, saying 'who says you're stupid?'

To be continued...

(going to sleep lol)

13. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Good night @scriptor~ Thousand thanks~ We await your return~

scriptor likes this.
  14. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you !!!! < 3 .....good night o/

bluep and scriptor like this.
  15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Good night, I hope you see the MC and ML in your dream :)

Boinkers, bluep and scriptor like this.
  16. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor is doing a pretty good job of summarizing, but if you want to know anything specific about ML, feel free to ask. This story honestly gave me diabetes, it's so sweet and fluffy b/c MC and ML are basically perfect for each other.

The other person who had a do-over is ML's original fiancee. How MC and ML even got engaged was b/c original fiancee (who was the typical rich kid who played around and wasted money) started to change his ways, and ML's mother became unsatisfied b/c she doesn't want ML to have a good marriage. MC stopped trying at school and got terrible grades on his most recent important test, his grandfather's main wife who's not blood related to MC (yes there's 2 wives even though it's technically illegal) went to ML's mom w/ MC's info, and ML's mom was super satisfied b/c MC is illegitimate, not "normal", and probably will only drag ML down. So she broke off the engagement ML had w/ his original fiancee and made ML engaged to MC.

The arranged marriage part is kind of a weird setting in this, but I think it's mostly to establish connections w/ other families than actually having children. It also varies from family to family I think; the ones that don't see their kids as pawns give them the freedom to choose their own spouse.

Some things I want to clarify. MC's older legitimate brother never beat him up b/c MC's like, super, super strong at fighting. What happened was that brother thought MC was cute and wanted to kiss him, so MC beat him up one sidedly. Given his looks, his abusive childhood, and the crappy high school they sent him to, MC was forced to develop top notch fighting skills, and its one of the few areas where MC feels like he can be proud of. During his 1st meeting w/ ML, offering to help ML fight people is one of the ways MC tries to appeal himself so that ML won't back off from the marriage.

The reason MC dives into a hug w/ ML isn't really b/c he's in love with him. At this point, they both like each other, but it's not really romantic yet since it's only been a few days since they've met. Ever since his rebirth, MC's had nightmares every night, but after their first meeting and having hugged ML, his nightmares got better, so MC thought that maybe hugging ML = less nightmares, which is why he keeps trying to get hugs out of ML. MC's actions are all very, very innocent, and at one point ML actually thought MC wanted to seduce him, but then soon realized that when MC said he wanted them to 'sleep together', MC literally meant, just hugging and sleeping lol.

Another thing, when I mentioned MC having learning disabilities on my original review, I really mean it. MC's childhood was really crappy, and that definitely had a negative impact on his development, and while it's not 100% clear if his mental disability was inborn or caused later on, it's a really big part of MC's personality now. It's why MC's "too honest" b/c he doesn't think or act the way most people do, and this was also part of why ML becomes super, super overprotective of him. By all means, given MC's past, MC should have grown up into a bitter, cruel person, but he didn't. He's still kind, tries his hardest, and loves ML with all his might, and it's both heartbreaking while giving you a lot of hope.

Honestly, I have a lot of feelings about this novel.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    o.o i see! (i still find the mXm arranged marriage wierd but i'll roll with it :D)
    btw @winter-t i saw your updated rec list after someone recommended it in another site :D

If the ml and his mom are in so bad terms why doesnt he leave or something ? o_O ....also what is his mom reaction when the mc and ml do well? ....does she try to split them up or have another arranged marriage set up?.....after the mc marries in(?) does he go work for the ml?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Ease, bluep and kiara8 like this.
  18. Shuichi

Shuichi Eustass-sama ♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah ah ah X"D

Hanaru likes this.
  19. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The society is very open to equal love, which I personally really liked b/c usually in modern day novels, you rarely have that kind of setting. And yeah, I probably update that page more frequently than anything else ahaha... /cough

ML and his relationship w/ his mom is...really complicated. Like, the reason why their relationship is terrible is seriously worthy of an entire kdrama arc. If anything, it should be ML's mom who leaves since ML is head of the family. Part ML tolerating her is the whole 'be filial to your parents' thing, and another part is that ML is waiting for his mom to cross a certain bottom line so that he can legally and rightfully cut off all relations w/ her. Otherwise, people will slap an 'unfilial' label on him which is a big deal in Chinese society.

ML's mom was so mad when she found out MC and ML got along. At first, she thought it was b/c ML seduced MC to get back at her, and tried all sorts of ways to make MC feel like he isn't worthy of ML. Luckily, MC's mind doesn't run the normal route, and he just didn't care for her verbal provocations. She definitely tries to split them up, but she ends up ruining herself before she even gets close.

After MC marries in, he mostly stays home or goes to ML's office w/ ML. After their honeymoon and partly b/c of ML's mom causing trouble, MC decides that he wants to go back to his old profession from his past life, which was to make perfume. MC's actually a super genius when it comes to making perfume, and while he didn't know it himself since he was locked away and kept ignorant, but his perfume made a killing fortune his last life. Before he died, he was one step away from completing his masterpiece, and he wants to finish that research and gift that perfume to ML, so he asks ML for help and ML gives him his own laboratory and assistants.

So no, MC doesn't work for ML, but rather has his own super popular perfume brand. The company isn't managed by ML but rather a distant relative of ML that's from a branch family. ML helped them get the company started, but after that, he's strictly hands off. There's quite a few times where he gets jealous b/c MC's way too concentrated on perfume making that he 'neglects' ML lol~

juanexbi, Ceilo27, stumblmer and 27 others like this.
  20. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    o.o so his family locked him away?? ....didnt he find that odd? orz ....what is his family reaction when he makes the company and becomes famous? (the ml's mom must be super mad by then :D)...do they try to get closer?.....does the ml have any adrable nephew coming to their house?.....also what happened to the ex fiance who also time traveled?

hehe update the list ofter so i can bother people with bl >.>

TomiNdumplings, Blood A, Ease and 2 others like this.