Best Addons for Firefox

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by IAmGodSlayer, Aug 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. eharper256

eharper256 Purveyor of Dubious Medicinal Elixirs [since 1885]

Reading List:
    Link
    AdBlocker Ultimate and Ghostery are pretty obvious; there are various reasonable alternatives as well, only the original Adblock Plus is no longer viable as advertisers pay to bypass it. NoScript is optional, since its too annoying and strips the shit out of sites too hard IMHO.

I like the old style clunkier looking browser on my desktop (Chrome, and Firefoxes newer looks are too minimalist for me), so I have Classic Theme Restorer and Classic Bookmarks Button.

Download Manager (S3), Menu Filter and ColorfulTabs as well. This removes the download manager (changes to a download bar at the bottom), strips useless crap from right click context menu, and makes tabs more distinct.

DownThemAll is also vaguely useful for snatching all the files and images from a page, though not as useful as it used to be as many sites have gateways to prevent this kind of thing these days.

Scrapbook if you want to download and archive entire chunks of websites for whatever reason. Youtube video and audio downloader for the same purpose.

2. 1amdude

1amdude Nakamatu Agraulek

Reading List:
    Link
    Flash Video Downloader : Fetch streaming video
    Anonymox : Proxy

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Adblock Ultimate.

Apart from online Japanese dictionary addon, adblock ultimate is the only addon I use.

4. devilsun

devilsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i recommend vivaldi
    but if u insist then maybe something like adblock + ghostery + vpn + onetab + greasemonkey + https everywhere will work