Request Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Silver Snake, May 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh... maybe it's the fact that you guys aren't that good at the game? I've a basic account and I'm currently sitting on over 1B in assets (2B if I count my shitty gears), with ~500mil in silver. The only grind I did was afk grind :p Do the passive incomes and have it run in the background really

2. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it's because I can't seem to find good grinding spots back then it would be great if you could tell me one as I might be planning to go create a new account and play the game if I have time.

3. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you grinding levels or just grinding gears-silver? Active hunts, there are rotations, pirates is best, but that place is always a fuckfest. I just afk grind with my worker empire, parking my ass in heidel most of the time.

MrSplashy likes this.
  4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh look, a game where you let it run in the background. :rolleyes: Why do people even bother? :ROFLMAO:

5. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because some people can't get a continuous gaming session without numerous interruptions? Maybe you know, because it's actually an option to gain currency without paying full attention to the game, unlike most other mmos? :rolleyes: Why do people make stupid remarks without bothering to factcheck first? :ROFLMAO:

The combat system is the best of any mmorpg at the moment, it isn't another those braindead tab ones, the move sets are closer to fighting games than a typical mmo, playing the newly released striker class atm, pretty fun like most of the classes. This, and the passive income (farming, worker empire for trading/cooking/alchemy/processing, fishing - can be active income if fishing IS your thing, I got on fishing binge sometimes since it can be cathartic, even if the fluid physics is kind of shitty, the atmosphere actually feels right, rough seas actually feel rough) are the things that differentiate it from others. And the visuals/atmosphere are stunning as well (different from FFXIV's type of stunning) since you are free to roam much like Skyrim.

If you aren't here for the combat or the atmosphere, then there isn't much for you. The guild wars are some of the, if the not THE, best atm. Like most mmo, the story is rather lackluster, but your "companion"/helper gets quite involved, and according to some ppl on discord "it's freaky".

MrSplashy likes this.
  6. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I made 100,000 afk fishing.

7. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you sound so defensive? :rolleyes: I played the game and I know how it works. :coffee: My opinion is shared by many others as well. If you enjoy this sort of "game", then kudos to you but it's still a terrible "game". Someone once commented that BDO is a great "game" for retirees and I wholeheartedly agree. If you have too much time on your hands, then it's the perfect "game" for you. For the rest of us who doesn't, there are plenty of other games where I can derive more fun with the same amount of time. :whistle:

8. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most people left wow because it became to easy and went to FFXIV. Sure you want a game that isn't too time consuming, but you also want a game that makes you try hard/grind. The middle ground is hard to find, but you can't have either of the two extremes. I don't think we can compare tab targeting games to pseudo hack n slash games. Why can't they both be good? I mean people have different tastes is all I'm saying.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  9. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    And I am not saying otherwise.

10. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    It seemed like there was a confrontation brewing and I dislike those.

11. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you quoted the wrong post. :rolleyes:

12. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I did. *shrugs*

13. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because a stupid statement require snark in its reply. "You played the game know how it works" and then said "a game where you let it run in the background.", which is it? Cause with the worker empire I only check twice a day, can go less if I wasn't stupid and chose a certain race. It's an option, there are people that only plays it actively since they literally can't leave their comp running all day. Since you "know how the game works", you know what "options" mean right? I don't have to put out a dictionary?

There are plenty worse "game" out there, and if you think BDO is for retirees, allow me to introduce you to our old friend, WoW, where raids lasted HOURS with shitty returns and limited fun after the first few raids. And to top it off, you are limited to dungeoning (or praying for world drops) if you want currency to upgrade your gears (that's assuming there's even a market on your server), or grind hours upon hours for the battleground gears. Well, there's also our new friend WoW, so casual that it even puts off a casual like me, but it's catered to different people. *shrug*

Archeage? Yeah... Lineage? I think that's where most of the west learned about what korean grinding means.

If you didn't pay attention, limme quote myself. "If you aren't here for the combat or the atmosphere, then there isn't much for you." Play your other games if you find it more fun, no one's stopping you. That's your taste, doesn't mean everyone's like you, even if they are a casual. Seems like you are implying that anyone who doesn't share your taste is a "retiree" or "people with too much time time on their hand", since we are making assuming, stop being so self-righteous when you oh so deftly dodge from the first line of the concluding paragraph :p

14. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you can make it so the game doesn't use the graphics card by minimizing it to the tray. If power consumption was your worry for letting the game run. Does anyone know how I can regenerate the thing used to buy houses? Or how the housing systems works in general? I just want to get a work bench so my workers can build better fishing rods.

15. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand. If you're so sure of yourself, why do you seem to require validation on a forum? :rolleyes: Also, are you always this aggressive or only when people speak badly of BDO? (y)

16. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The coding for the game was intended for koreans, so it has some interesting side effects. I just close the game when I am not really playing, although I do let it run in the background when I am working on documents and sometimes when translating. As for umm... I think it's called contribution points? You don't regen that, you need to earn it I think. You do that by doing grindy stuff from contributions dailies (calpheon and et... I think Altinova? I didn't do it since I went on a cooking and alch spree and do that occasionally) if you want it go up fast, otherwise normal questing that gives contribution experience should do it.

Validation? Where did I even ask for that? I gave an overview of the only outstanding features the game has that people would enjoy, like I would any other game that I bother to discuss on. And yes, I'm always this aggressive against the stupid and the willfully ignorant. Ask any old users on the board.

Silver Snake likes this.
  17. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, have you finally calmed down and realized how stupid it is to rant? Good. :coffee:

18. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Calmed down? Are you purposely acting stupid to try and get a reaction or is that your default? Are you purposely trying to detract? If you aren't actually going to discuss the game, take your nonsense elsewhere.

@Parth37955 just a heads up, might need to request a split and lock if this person insists on his stupidity.

19. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    err have money the game is much pay to win get those outfits with high stat boosts get the pets with high stat boosts get that stat booster to get to max level go wreck the poor

20. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O I guess this is where 恶人先告状 comes from. Go back and look at your posts. Who's the one that started name-calling? Why should I seriously reply to someone who resorts immediately to insults? If you want others to treat you politely, then how about treating others politely? Oh, and you don't have to bother. I am going to add you to my ignore list. (y)