Spoiler Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LoneWanderer23, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    what is this, did anyone read this,
    the synopsis is ridiculous, is he Yue Yang #2 ?

2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    farming gangster? i can't take this seriously

3. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of cultivating his body, he cultivates the land! Genius!

Samsara 19, LoLzM, JordanPaHa and 7 others like this.
  4. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know but it seems funny. And it was picked up by Blue Silver Translation who is a quite serious team. Seems promising.

CDLevit likes this.
  5. Pluriscient

Pluriscient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try it out when I have time (which is not gonna be so for a while:()

6. Ritsuru

Ritsuru Wanderer of the Clouds, Here and There

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems interesting to me! I can sense the comedy.... *Puts on reading list*

7. Fighnjaci

Fighnjaci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...at least it's original.
    Or as original as it get's in xianxia.

Hahhaa likes this.
  8. AnarchyDev

AnarchyDev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it, yup till the end he will be a farmer I guess(there's no loli God to give him evil God seed to repair his broken body) ...

An MC with a good head. Of course you can start a farming revolution in the world of cultivation when the MC was a Farm villa? gaming nerd XD.

Is a very promising novel with comedy and lots of plotting and is a long series...

But the story seems to still be in teaser section, so don't know if it will be continued.

Oh and there seems to be a very talented and beautiful wife?

Samsara 19 and CDLevit like this.
  9. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure I will still dare to attack you even after you do all of that you are only simply courting death mate

Ease, Hahhaa, CDLevit and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm worried over one thing-how will it affect translation pace of Douluo Dalu, that's the main thing for me for now. Wont it slow down it?
    But yeah, BTFTLIAW (lol) seems quite intriguing.

11. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    5310 chapters in COO wow. The synopsis looke quite amusing though. Will certainly investigate.
    Who knows, it's not like the chapters are that long. If bagelson wants to translate something else on the side I'm certainly not going to complain. There can be many reasons to pick up another project.

12. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say so. Look at the teaser section and you'll see that it probably won't get updated any more.
    I think he just translated this for fun as he did with Immortal Executioner so it probably won't affect DD.

13. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    No, just no. I was wondering when some idiot would get tricked by this title and translate it nice translator would try to translate this.

Just believe me on this. You can read it if you want but after a certain point, it gets ridiculous. It's also super dragged out. So don't have high expectations.

That description only applies for the first bit of the story and it's the best bit of the story (first bit is relative to the over 5000 chapters). The premise is as the description said. It goes about how he uses the farm to revive his family name and makes a huge business out of it. But later on, the farm is pretty useless. The farm is his "cheat ability", or at least for a while.

For those that said "xianxia" or "xianxia-style", no. It actually starts off with a fantasy theme with magics, fighting skills, elves, dwarfs and beastmen. It's only later where the author pulled in the "xianxia" elements. So, ultimately speaking, it is the "xuanhuan" genre. There's also a bunch of references to other things, like Saint Seiya and the twelve golden cloths. It's really a smash up of things and pretty funny. There's even some wars with battles with the beastmen tribes, for example. To be honest, I really liked it for a while. It has a mix of technology with magic with cultivation. But then it got everywhere and overboard for me. I felt the author lost track of what the novel was supposed to be about. And the author also forgot about certain things he wrote about earlier.

Brief Description of Each Volume
    It's where MC revives his family name and becomes the strongest via his farm. Starting from the dead lands, he made a business and got more and more influence over the whole continent. Then an invasion from another plane (continent) came and he had to fend it off. At the end of it, he became so strong that the plane he's in can't contain him anymore. So, he had to "take off to the heavens", or just move up to a higher plane.
    The best part out of the whole series is probably this volume and not the whole volume either, just the first half or so. The author really had a ton of interesting ideas. At the very least, I do recommend reading this volume.
    I tossed Volume 2 and 3 together because I don't remember where it splits. This is basically your cultivation world but not exactly. It's a smash up of everything. Volume 2 starts off in a world where technology and magic are both present. It also has the monks from Buddhism. It has people from the demon cult. There's also space ships and magic. It starts off in one planet and then to a larger planet (or plane) and moves to the whole universe. And it ends up with invasions and him saving the day.
    These two volumes aren't too bad. It's still an alright read. But it strayed away from the farm.
    This volume is about the "soul world" or "spirit world". You can actually read this volume as a standalone, or at least for the first half. Why? This of it as going into a coma and having a dream, or your soul left your body and wandered elsewhere.
    This is where I stopped and got fed up with it. I read about 200-300 chapters into this volume.
    This is about the conquering of the "soul/spirit" world.
    I guess, if I have to say one line about it, it's that the author isn't a bad writer, as in his style, but he's just all over the place and lost track of what started it all.

kawaii12345, Ease, kay.lenson and 6 others like this.
  14. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    ...and i hoped for something good..

NeaxD likes this.
  15. ferpoperpo

ferpoperpo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh geez, that's too bad. In all honesty I'm kind of tired of the Xianxia formula and was excited to read a CN title that was trying something different. Oh well. I recommend the 12 released so far, though. Very short chapters.

Slimikyi and CDLevit like this.
  16. Agni

Agni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well most of xianxias novel ended up like that.. they stray too far from original idea and the focus of the story become shifted..

17. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    I seriously thought it was a play on rpg farming monsters for loot or farming levels. I didn't think it be a literal farm.

18. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Has he definitely picked it up? Didn't he do a teaser translation around Xmas?

19. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw this on the updates And i was just about to start reading it. Lets see what happens

20. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if it get dragged out in the later part, I still hope someone will be willing to pick this up. As for the part that get dragged out.. I'll just think of it as another series/ spin off.

CDLevit and Slimikyi like this.