TV C-drama: The King's Woman

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Mangochic, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.viki.com/tv/34371c-the-kings-woman

Is anyone watching it? Is it really based on a book? I just don't get why someone would write a book and base a show on a male lead (the King) who is so in love (i.e. jealously obsessed) with a girl he met at most 3 times and basically ruins her life because of his warped sense of love and that makes it ok. She is happily minding her business and in love with her senior brother when he poisons him to get her to come to the palace. And gets extra jealous when he finds out she is carrying her lover's child and tries to strangle her but lets her and the baby to show his 'good' and 'loving' side. She is basically a prisoner. I get that their scenes rae hot and that people like the actor playing the King but this is a fucked up abusive relationship and I don't get why people are sympathiszing with the King after all the fucked up shit he is done to her in addition to leading to the deaths of his grandfather and parents. I can't believe the writers have her falling for him (Stockholm syndrome) eventually when I wish her back with her first love especially now he has learnt this cool fighting technique and he is the real father of her son and is not crazy like Ying Zheng

Reak likes this.
  2. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh...lots of the more popular american romances are while not as overt pretty abusive too. people like to watch this kind of stuff.

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't watch it but...I can see that being entertaining. Abusive...yeah. it's a king.

4. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you expect? from all the romance CN novel title you can already guess what Chinese women like
    Cold black-bellied << this irks me in some ways. Cause almost male lead are this type Orz

5. Avarrencus

Avarrencus 『Tier 0 : True Infinity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Coz women like to be dominated.

6. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams [Master of Sleepiness]

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly people will watch anything nowadays. no point in wondering why.

7. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    unfortunately cn dramas tend to have that problem. abusive male leads. if not abusive, they are just complete jerks. which really doesn't create any good romantic moments for me.

Mangochic likes this.
  8. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the rec, that's my jam. I'll check it out if it's any good.

9. S1ash

S1ash Muhahahaha

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed the drama until
    He doesn't kill his eunuch after he does shit like hurting the FL and keeps on forgiving him.....but everyone else he just kills... and the eunuch seems to be good guy and knows the king likes the FL but teams up with the other side like wtf........ HATE THESE KINDS OF DRAMAS

Mangochic likes this.