Discussion Childhood games

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Ldyrdy, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Beyblade, Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go races, marbles, Yu-gi-oh, in the Phils as a kid at night we always had a BB gun war, Grounders, the floor is lava.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  2. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    board games like monopoly not on ps1,
    also i play ps1, digimon world, harvestmoon, tomba 2, also so many other games.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  3. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    i truly loved monopoly and RISK

Ldyrdy likes this.
  4. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you play the first one? I have some strange memories of that game.
    Did you ever finish a game? We always played the objective version or whatever it was because a normal game took way too long.

5. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    No, i only played the second, the second is more better than the first. tried to play the first before, but as expected its not as good as the second.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  6. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry. I don't think we can be friends.

Gadget likes this.
  7. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    ?

Usually, I played mainly cards with my cousins, i disliked social games or popular game.. The exception was ping pong, in junior school we had where to play so, maybe, because of that. Later.. I've discovered pc games so.. My most played game was Counter Strike- shooting game and .. Some online games.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  8. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a joke. The first one is still better though... :p
    Don't even let me start. I played too much. Way too much. I played at bit of 1.4, but 1.5 onwards, too much.

CDLevit likes this.
  9. SilentFyre

SilentFyre Irregular Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I talk about childhood games, it would be stuff like tag, cops and robbers, hide and seek and stuff. Playing make-believe is also one as well as rope jumping. There was also a game where we played table tennis with a basket ball and hands, going round and round the stone table, until only one was left.

Ldyrdy and Stealth like this.
  10. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    XD well we were doing total war version and i remember finishing only 3 game XD

11. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Risk always ends up as someone who controls NA vs someone else. I like it but I think some of it is reasonably flat which is why I like the 'objective' versions because it's more of a struggle and the war of attrition isn't anywhere near as bad. Axis and Allies isn't bad but it also has its issues. They're both fun games though.

12. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    well we all enjoy different part of different game ^^

13. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't we all just enjoy winning?

14. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    WRONG young one
    whats fun isn't winning but watching the tear of your defeated foes MOUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Gadget likes this.
  15. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    Monopoly (Over 90% losses over more than a hundred games), Hide and Seek (normal), Marbles (weak), Trivial Pursuit (average), Scrabble (above average), The Snakes and Ladders, Game of Tag...

Video games: Tetris, Street Fighter, Tomb Raider, Soul Blade, Soul Reaver, Crash Bandicoot, Monster Truck Madness, Revolt (still got it), Midtown Madness (still got it), Fifa 98, Harley Davidson Across America, Pinball Space Cadet (still got it, and I love the music), Minigolf 3D, Might and Magic 6 The Mandate Of Heaven (still got it), Heroes 2 (still got it), Diablo (still got it), Warcraft 2 (still got it), Colonization (still got it), Settlers 2...

Ldyrdy likes this.
  16. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tabletop Games: Monopoly.
    Electronic Games: Dragon Quest series (SNES&PS), Final Fantasy Series (PS), Breath of Fire series, Chrono Chross, Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Grandia, mainly RPGs... My English proficiency mainly comes from playing RPGs (since English classes on elementary school is really basic)... Weird huh?

Ldyrdy likes this.
  17. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh... I already didn't have problems learning english. But Diablo and Heroes 2 made me improve even more, especially with vocabulary. Later when I started to read translated mangas and watch subbed animes in english I got better!!

Ldyrdy likes this.
  18. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    That some serious line up over there.. I remember playing warcraft 2 at that time and the young me couldn't understand a thing..... Hahahahahaha

Gadget likes this.
  19. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... English in elementary school is just a bunches of memorizing nouns and verbs... Somehow before I turned 10 I could understand English (written form that is)... A child language learning ability is really frightening...

Gadget likes this.
  20. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, I don't even remember what it called. I played it with those giant old floppy disks and it was a guy in some white clothing, like Greek or Roman ones, and I just navigate him to jump across different floors in a castle. Let's just say that's all I did as I failed at doing that too. I had no clue what I was doing. Then I also played some of those Hasbro or Disney games on pc, like Hercules or Aladdin. Parent said ps1 has more violent oriented games so n64 it was. Had Harvest Moon, Ocarina of Time, Golden Eye, Diddy Kong, Mario and Pokemon Stadium. Yup, that's all. Do let me tell that I actually never finished any of them as I was pretty stupid. I had to go back a few years later and realized I never really did anything in those games but run around in the beginning and failing.

As for non-electronic ones, monopoly is classic. Then you have your deck of cards with matching goldfish and sum to ten goldfish, crazy 8 and also big2. Also played backgammon, Chinese checkers, Chinese chess, and reversi. Last but not least, pictionary! But I was only tagging along when the older kids played.

As for online games, I played a 2D game called Dark Ages. It's an mmorpg. I think it's still running but the game is more or less dead. I learned how to type in that game and also role play with those not-so-modern English.

Collectibles, I did some Dragon Ball, Z, GT, Pokemon, where one of my so call better friends ripped me off, Digimon, where I lost a bunch of cards and gave up, and Yugioh, where I actually played them instead of just collecting.

Ldyrdy likes this.