Discussion Chinese Novels Action descriptions..

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by yuan-niisan, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuan-niisan

yuan-niisan ★【Blank Sect's Dao Protector】☆

Reading List:
    Link
    So recently, i've happened to read 'the Amber Sword' and was totally freaked out to learn than Sigils also means Symbols. Most of the time, when i saw something like, "interweaving symbols," i would imagine a floating chinese characters braided and shaped together into something like chain or rope around the said character.

ISSTH for example, all of those with word symbols there, i would imagine a chinese character floating and having extraordinary power...

Or in Perfect world, those 'interweaving symbols', was that also in the form of Sigils?

Or was it really just chinesw characters?

2. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Different systems for different stories.

E.g a JP reincarnator finds out that the way to use magic is kanji, whereas another finds that the 'holy language' used for bureaucracy is japanese, and a third one finds that japanese is extinct, and a fourth finds out that they all speak it in the new world etc. etc,

3. PinDev

PinDev Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    forget about interweaving symbols in Perfect World, just imagine the beast in the story make it weird enough
    for example from ch. 157

Zhujian; human face, leopard body, ox ears, and a single eye. Long-tailed and powerful
    aslo it had the body of a scaled leopard. The leopard body was slender and sturdy with black-colored scales covering it densely, carrying a truly shocking strength. Behind its body, there was a powerful flood dragon tail. It could annihilate everything by itself, and with a flicker of dark light, even mountains could be smashed into pieces.

Sircus likes this.
  4. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on how they are described... in ISSTH for example when it talks about the symbol for 'earth' and those other elements when he gets the totems I think those really are symbols as you described them.
    somewhat like that.
    And when it talks about hand symbols and so on... of those I think as those hand mudras or similar to the seals in naruto...

5. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

ln_ and jojo_48 like this.
  6. AnarchyDev

AnarchyDev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The battle using magical symbols. Chinese? Might be Japanese also..

ln_ likes this.
  7. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Oogway used a chi-powered word during his fight with Kai in Kung-Fu Panda 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.