Chinese Reactions to Novelupdates/Wuxiaworld/Reddit Reviews

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Action, May 21, 2017.

?

Would you want a Chinese Reactions part II?

1. Hell to the yes

2. Meh

3. No, no I'd rather not. Please. No. No more.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Look at the very first message you sent me:
    Your original argument was that Japanese culture wasn't based on Chinese culture and that they just had similarities. But since we've argued back and forth your argument has long since changed.

"On another note, your discussion was completely irrelevant to the thread as well."

No it wasn't at all. Me and someone else were discussing the Chinese comment which claimed Japanese culture was based on Chinese culture. If discussing the comments posted in this thread is considered 'completely irrelevant' to you then please do tell what is relevant.

DorbenRS likes this.
  2. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    lol we made fun of 'face'. they made fun of us making fun of 'face'. and the cycle continues....

they curious why we don't start flaming wars... imo, there are forums that we can start flaming and there are forum that we can't. novel forums just happen to be more civilised than the others.

3. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    then what about the rest bird trio?
    it doesnt make sense to do that if articuno and zapdos isnt inculded.
    Moltres's location wasn't even near virmilion city either.
    The thing is: in Generation 1 they didn't put much backstory behind the legends.
    the best legends are mew and mewtwo and they aren't really inspired by pre existing beasts.
    Moltres is just Molt (Molten) + tres (Three in spanish)
    Zapdos is just Zap + Dos (Two in spanish)
    Articuno is just Artic + Uno (One is Spanish)

Aiiee, zentetsuken and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  4. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Execpt when the origins of Pokemon monsters are concerned
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The pinata club dwellers are sensitive to these type of things....see how it lured me out of my stealth state?

6. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlyfriendly got baited here too >.>
    Not gonna summon others but if they see it maybe they'll comment.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  7. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    How is that equal to this:

Where did "Japanese culture wasn't based on Chinese culture" come from? Please read the part I bolded in my quote. That's right, read the entire thing.

I don't think that is irrelevant. However, someone pointed out that my post wasn't relevant to the topic that he was originally discussing. See:

Since I am not allowed to reply to your discussion, even though your post is completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread, I don't understand why you can.

Risus, Enken and Archaic pickle like this.
  8. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PART IX OF X

@Imray
    lmray
    (3/5 stars)
    Not an initial fan, quite different and darker than the typical xianxia, then again it is NOT xianxia.
    Really like this novel, Leylin comes off as a cold and heartless monster through his actions but honestly after reading 114 chapters i along with others(most likely) have realized in the twisted world he was reincarnated into one can only survive by being heartless

- though he says he likes it, I don't know why he rates it as 3 stars
    - actually, the author's the one who's twisted... so when he creates a world, it's also twisted... because all the dialogue in the novel is just the author talking with himself. But I like it
    @ZhaWarudo
    ZhaWarudo
    I don’t know yet (70 chaps), maybe this deserves 4 stares, the reason for 3 stars is that the story begins with a slightly boring training saga in which MC ofc doesn’t nothing but eat sleep and cultivate, later there are some adventures but it as well focuses only on the MC. So all in all this is like standard xianxia only without immortality for now and magic instead of ki, what I like is how cold blooded MC is.
    Oh and endure exclamation marks, best just ignore them, maybe I wouldn't have even noticed if someone in another review hadn't pointed it out XD
    fun fact - since the author is called the plagiarist he uses names such as Leylin, Delia, Redbud, Dodoria, Merlin.

- they're slowly getting pickier, seems like we need to ship in better goods [​IMG]
    - this plagiarist author will write whatever is popular, but the stuff he writes is pretty good
    [note: there was also some Warlock of the Magus World discussion in an early part, if you can find it]
    OP: I found Chronicles of Primordial Wars on there.

- lemme go ask the author on Weibo about his reaction LOL
    - there is no female lead because the author is gay
    aliyothman83
    (3/5 stars)
    Typical CN. The MC is transported to another world to replace a good for nothing character. The MC also has a cheat, which in this case is an AI chip (MC:hey AI chip analyse this wide spread information that has existed for hundreds of years and use it to figure out something others have been researching for hundreds of years.
    AI chip: analyzing begun. Estimated time to finish is two days.).
    How does his cheat even work? If it's an AI chip then how could it figure everything he asked with that lack of information? But to be honest here.I liked the story so far. There is not too much romance,theMC isn't trying to make a haram,and he is rational as he doesn't pick up a fight with those who are stronger than him.

- these foreigners don't understand that you can't use your brain to read some books
    - it's true, with some plots, once you look beneath the surface you'll discover a lot of problems
    [OP introduces Shrouding the Heavens]

- thank god they didn't translate it into "cover sky"
    - it's finally here!!
    kmz
    This story looks promising and unique. The idea of a regular group of people getting transported into a world of cultivator is really interesting. And it's done really well, but the characters are just annoying. They are suppose to be 26-27 years old people, but instead of working together to survive they bicker and argue like little kids. Arghh, I just want to go into the story and slap some of the character for being stupid, I know the story will probably get better later but man is annoying.

- loool, I actually have a different opinion. During a period of crisis, even if you must work together, that doesn't mean that it'll work out
    - Foreigners group conformity is a bit strong... Chinese people like to be the Prince Charming saving the damsel in distress, but when they need to work together, they'll definitely join hands
    Tiger2a
    I'm enjoying this series from the author of Perfect World.
    Slow build up but after they travel to this xianxia world, things get very interesting.
    MC is slowly growing and the story is moving along. The pacing is good that keep you clicking on the next chapter.

- this guy's been led on, "slow build up"... just you wait, the slow build up will never end
    - this is considered a slow build up?
    - tbh, if you call Shrouding the Heavens a slow build up, then what the hell is Shen Mu
    Heaven's Cliff: OP, I went to that website and didn't even know how to search for the novels... Am I a lost cause...
    OP: what website
    Heaven's Cliff: novelupdates, that one. I can only search forum posts. Where are the novels?
    Stair-climbing Tiger: Isn't there a button for searching in the upper right corner? If you know the english name, you can directly search for it. If you don't know, you can guess the translation of a single world. Take "Release that Witch". Just search "witch" and there will be a couple results. Or try putting in the pinyin. For example, I put in "zi chuan" and the Purple River appeared because the translated name of "zi chuan" is purple river.
    @Archerreborn2
    Archerreborn2
    One of the better Chinese Wuxia novels. The characters are a lot more dynamic and have quite colorful personalities. The MC feels more human, than 95% of other Chinese protagonists that I have read about. I highly recommend this.

- how the fuck is this wuxia? in my eyes, this is more western than Coiling Dragon
    - I always feel like they're charting new territory with the categories
    galerien
    I dont usually post review, but i feel like this novel should be more know : one of the most interesting mc i saw, which change from the typical badass and rightous one. And the interactions between the MC and the pitifull one is pretty interesting. Other area from your typical xanxia too : give more of a western-medieval feel.

- they don't know that this is western fantasy?

[note: on NU, it's tagged as fantasy and wuxia but not xianxia]
    [OP introduces World of Cultivation]

- Hahaha, with this I can finally be at peace(●°u°●)」
    - Yesterday I was reading WoC and discovered that it was pretty good
    - Have they translated his other works?

[note: Yes, his other works are being translated. link]
    daf
    Awesome story. MC is crazy about money, but remains quite moral. Awesome fight scenes. Loved the transition from farmer to fighter. Wish there was romance, but I won't dock points for such as silly reason. Solid plot, although the current arc is a bit too long for my taste. Doesn't really harp on about insignificant stuff which happens in some other stories. (ATG, TMW). Top three on the sight. Highly recommended.

- there actually is romance, but it's just not written well
    - I came here from Weibo, and spent 3 hours reading everything. Been tough for you, OP. Reading these posts made me pretty happy. It really warms my heart to know that they like these webnovels.
    OP: I haven't translated the reviews that gave mediocre or low rating because they are really long. Most of it is just criticizing how it starts slow, or how there are too many chapters. This problem mostly lies with China. After all, the character count determines a lot of things. It's impossible to not have filler. The foreigners probably think differently.

- Chinese webnovels are generally really long. If a book has 500 Chapters, it isn't even worth mentioning
    More Novelupdates Forum
    May I present: An English translation of Chinese commentary on English-speakers discovering that Chinese people are translating English reviews of Chinese novels
    Dusk
    Well, I saw @Cabman11 posting a link of someone TLing some of NU's reviews ( or reaction ) to Chinese web novels on the Release that Witch LCD and I thought this is worth sharing to you all. All credits to him for finding out.
    http://space.bilibili.com/53127457/mobile/video
    *Click the ones with white background.
    There are lots of videos already, some I knew were..
    RtW, TTNH, ISSTH, TKA, Xian ni, ST, SotR, COL, and there's Wdqk if I'm not wrong..
    If you want to see their comments you can tap the " 评论 " below the video on the right side and GT it or something. But you need to downlod the app if you're on mobile to see more comments. If you guys want, I can GT some of their comments for you to read.
    @heartantares
    heartantares
    i think it would be funnier if we tell em were watching em while they watch us......

- the spark of a bromance
    - it's cultural exchange
    @Hunta
    [note: pic below is context for the following conversation]
    [​IMG]
    Hunta: I hope they find me and worship me as the great user I am

[note: Congrats, they found you]

- so shameless
    (replying to previous) -your words might be translated by them into english
    - the profile pic is so cute
    - he's gaining fans with his profile pic!
    - profile pic too cute!
    - I feel like out of all of the author's works, Legend of the Evil God is the only one they can stomach.
    @KIWI
    KIWI
    (1/5 stars)
    This was terrible. Completely and utterly ridiculous. Just... Awful. However! I have managed to make it to chapter 126! Yes, you read correctly, 126! Woohoo!

- why would they translate such a crappy book [​IMG]

[note: Novel is rated 2.8 on Novelupdates]
    @justmehere
    justmehere
    20 words or less:
    You can prob name this novel close beautician mage, or micromanagement sim mage, or business sim novel, but it is not close combat mage. Too few battles in this novel, and 90% of them are not close combat

- who will help this guy count how many words he used
    - [​IMG] got 38
    - even if he doesn't understand Chinese, he just knows we are counting his words... I feel like he said that on purpose

[note: justmehere pointed out that 20 words is a one punch man reference]
    =================
    LINK TO PART I (Terror Infinity, Gate of Relevation, MISC, Tang Jia San Shao)
    LINK TO PART II (I Shall Seal the Heavens, Perfect World, Against the Gods, Wu Dong Qian Kun, Sovereign of the Three Realms, Horizon Bright Moon Sabre, Tales of Demons and Gods, Stellar Transformations)
    LINK TO PART III (Learning Chinese Forum, Law of the Devil, A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality, Zhu Xian, Undefeated God of War, The King's Avatar, Swallowed Star)
    LINK TO PART IV (Transcending the Nine Heavens; The Nine Cauldrons; Reddit: Japanese v Chinese novels, When you read Chinese novels...do you?, Japanese Harem v Chinese Harem, How Would You Survive in the Xianxia or Wuxia world?)
    LINK TO PART V (Reddit: Modern humanity v a Xianxia world who would win?, What is xianxia and can a foreigner really write a genuine Xianxia novel?, why do most female characters in xianxias get a free pass?, MISC, Release that Witch, The Amber Sword, NUF: Your opinion on harem, Global Evolution)
    LINK TO PART VI (NUF: Which are the best Chinese xuanhuan novels?, How do cultivation sects earn their income?)
    LINK TO PART VII (NUF: Why does every sex scene start with ripping the clothes to shreds?, In a new world, how do you storm the gate? NEW Chinese novels because I'm losing interest; Cultivation Chat Group, NUF: Would you cultivate?)
    LINK TO PART VIII (I'm Really a Superstar; NUF: Why turn human?, Do you like NTR?, What is heavy or serious novel for you?)
    LINK TO PART IX (Warlock of the Magus World, Chronicles of Primordial Wars, Shrouding the Heavens, Conquest, World of Cultivation; NUF: The Chinese people are watching us!, Close Combat Mage)
    LINK TO PART X (NUF: Are xianxia authors mostly teenagers?, Moment you stop reading a novel because of climax; My Disciple Died Yet Again; NUF: Hui Tai Lang)
    LINK TO PART XI (The Great Ruler, Battle through the Heavens, MISC, Weibo meme)
    LINK TO PART XII (Scum Villain's Self-Saving System by @readerz )

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  9. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, this thread is funny! I went to read the original on Baidu and now I see where the bilibili videos got their content from!

Too bad the OP seemed to have ended it after 32 pages (?). Wonder if a sequel exists somewhere...

10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That awkward moment When you quoted onepunchman and didnt realized someone was actually counting your words to match the quote you made.

11. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    ah
    this was a fun read :coffee:
    more fun than reading translated webnovels

Risus, MangoGuy, ninish and 11 others like this.
  12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed!!! It gave me lots of wonderful laughs!!! \(^^)/

Edit: *gasps* This is in Novel General!? I should have made my post longer!!! >.<
    My 25nu£... orz

13. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    what even......
    you're obsessed man
    you've fallen to the desire of fake money..

AMissingLinguist and iampsyx like this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a girl...

And well, every single nuffie count! I need to get enough to donate to the fund! \(^^)/

I mean... Since I'm posting, I might as well make it 50 characters long... It's not that hard to type that much anyway.

15. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    >you're obsessed man
    it's like saying aye or eh~
    not calling you an obsessed man >_>

oh yeah forgot that existed and I guess so

Wand148 likes this.
  16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ヘ(*゚ー゚)┌θ)゚ロ゚)ノ my @brasca123-tan is a generous, kind, baby girl!!!

Aiiee likes this.
  17. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    why doesn't everyone get it?!
    its like people adding nya at the end of sentences or something ;-;
    like um
    this?
    idk just asked google

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I've just had my fair of problems on gender related things...

And yep! It's nice to have some goal in mind! \(^^)/
    *hugs* Thank you Obaa-sama!
    Difference in culture I guess?

Aiiee and LaDyViL like this.
  19. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe?
    no clue where I picked it up though

20. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    Blackjack changed my feelings towards nuffies... I'm a lil behind the "fund" right now lol...
    ;-;

And yeah I get what you are saying. Dude is the same way... I haven't heard dudette out of movies..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.