Forgotten Title CN Novel with Cow Nose Ring

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by aemchazz, Jul 16, 2017.

1. aemchazz

aemchazz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not remember much. It was a CN Novel. There is an item in the village a ring type of item which emits magical aura. MC was suppose to steal it. It was revealed later that the Village's Magical Ring, was actually a Cow's Nose Ring. The cow was not an ordinary cow, it was some type of cultivating cow that passed through the village before. That is all I remember. Thanks!

2. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
  3. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. iamgboy08

iamgboy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Kagami Ren

Kagami Ren General of Satans 5th army

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice cow I say :barefoot::barefoot::barefoot:

6. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Legend of the Great Saint
    • There is no magical nose ring.
    • There is no cultivating cow that passed through the village.
    • There is a Demon Bull that teaches material arts to the protagonist.
    Seriously this is why you read the entire post instead of just skimming.

7. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    - Oops, it was a broken horn, not a nose ring.
    - Oops, cow vs bull, pretty close, especially when dealing with memory of a person who forgot a title
    - Oops, really strong bull that probably cultivates and spends time with MC in a village, instead of passing through, another close call

So sorry that I referred a close facsimile and tried to help, cause I did read it carefully.

8. MostlyBlue

MostlyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Single player online?

9. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't an assumption like that make light of the original posters intelligence? Okay sure confusing a bull with a cow is an acceptable mistake, I constantly run into people who mistakenly call wasps bees, and refer to trucks as cars. But completely forgetting key points that are the backbone of the entire story, or inserting magical nose rings that do not exist, do you really believe the OP could be that confused? Hell you can't even use the excuse of time mucking up their memory because the oldest chapter of LOTGS only goes back to April of this year. So their memory of the novel would be very clear as it came out quite recently.

10. aemchazz

aemchazz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To clear up things. I am currently reading LOTGS when I posted this. I was at chapter 3 or 4. I read about the Demon Bull in LOTGS, that's the trigger to remember about the Cow's Magical Nose Ring.

I will check Single Player Only. I did read this, but can't remember anything anymore. Must have left not that much impact on me. Thanks All!

Ignus likes this.
  11. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually LOTGS was translated a few years ago, and then disappeared. Then was re-released again in April.
    I remembered a distinct bovine in it. Also the MC was in a village, and the bovine taught him martial arts.
    So "in" a village is close to "through"a village
    and teaching martial arts is close to cultivating
    My mistake is, after re-reading LOTGS is that the bull's horn is cut off, not that the cow has a nose ring.

I honestly thought I got it right. Even if I didn't, it's probably the only other novel with a bovine that interacts/speaks with the MC and is instrumental to his personal growth.
    Most LF posts have a few close misses. Its up to the OP to take the 2-3 selections typically found in LF posts and find the right one.
    Better that they are there, than not.

But, in the end I was still wrong.
    Next time if I am not 100% sure and double checked, then I will differ the response to experts such as yourself.
    Also, doesn't an assumption that the poster didn't read the full OP make light of that posters efforts and integrity?

Arcturus and StuffedDuck like this.
  12. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I was out of line, I apologize. I just hate it when people comment without reading, obviously that wasn't what you were doing this time. But that is something I am always on guard against because I know how annoying it is when people make irrelevant comments because they couldn't bother to read past the first few lines.

Example
    JackOff: Oh you want a story where the protagonist turns into a dragon, that's Coiling Dragon.
    OP: Actually I said the protagonist was a girl.
    OP: And it takes place in a modern world.
    OP: Also I was looking for an anime.

Seriously I once got into an argument with like five different people once because they couldn't be bothered to read past the post title, and thought I wanted to remove RP from WoW.

Ignus likes this.
  13. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    @Goblin Sleuth
    I feel you, my responses were for similar reasons, or rather emotions.
    I feel that people trying to help is a positive aspect of this forum, even if at times they are terrible at doing it.
    The only other time I've gotten into it with someone was for the same reason.
    8/10 try and help, and that is a good thing worth defending.
    You'll never be able to solve idiots being idiots. Even if you scream and yell at them.

Arcturus likes this.
  14. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're confusing it with some other bull/buffalo/bison/cow master/disciple story lol and I think I've read something similar too.

15. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    If there is a very similar duplicate floating around, then it's possible.
    All I know is that when I read LOTGS, I knew exactly what was going to happen next throughout the whole story.