Spoiler Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Nume, Apr 14, 2016.

1. LoLzM

LoLzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doing God's work fam (y)

2. DarkBlue

DarkBlue «Darker Than Blue» «Overlord of Sleep»

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author simply forgot about it. Too many characters? Then, when the author remembers him, like, "oh, he was there too!" , at that time he will start up some new arc to explain the 'reason' behind 'ignoring' him as a plot/character personality XD

lostross likes this.
  3. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG SHE'S MORGANA LE FAY

Mikaa and uvallrelato like this.
  4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Some spoilers, I peeked ahead in the raws using Google Translate:
    Dean AKA First Prince is crushing on Iris. Iris, in return, is crushing on him. No clue whether or not they're outright dating or whether Iris knows his real identity, but they do a lot of subtly fluffy things.

Elisee, lostross, ReaderEli and 2 others like this.
  5. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    ship already secured captain now time to sail

Infinity Sword and Ran ahzu like this.
  6. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you absolutely sure about the spoiler?

I haven't read that far into the raw but
    In the chapter 36 in the talk between Alfred (Dean), his aide and the queen dowager...
    His aide mentioned that they had been investigating about Yuri's identity and hasn't found anything about her beyond that Yuri is baron's illegitimate daughter with his housemaid.
    And then in chapter 31, Alfred and queen dowager also expressed dislike toward Yuri and then the queen dowager mentioned that Leticia (The princess, Alfred's sister) has been feeling lonely and that he should talk to her.

So I'm confused? They have 2 princess now? Since it's obvious that Leticia and Yuri are different person....
    And also based on chapter 31&36 content, Alfred and Queen Dowager didn't know about Yuri's relation with them.... Also why did the 1st queen faked her death even though she told Alfred stubbornly that she would be staying in the palace, and why bring Yuri with her but left Leticia with the Queen Dowager?

Elisee, lostross and Mikaa like this.
  7. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's just say I want to bow down to you just to show my gratitude.

8. caszandra6

caszandra6 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler!
    I use the Google translate to look for the translations,but the words are jumble up and I only understood few.
    that Letty was getting curious (want to get to know)iris.
    minna wants iris to be true to her self and iris cries on her and the children thought minna was bullying iris but iris says she was crying because of happiness.
    Iris and dean DO have feelings for each other.CONFIRM!
    Also there's some conflict between dida and iris (not sure what it is.)
    Van went to iris and ask her to be his ally/guardian or somewhere along the lines...
    Dorsen went to armellia to know who really is iris (want toknow her more)
    And I ask for someone who read and understand the raw,who is "grousen?"?

ReaderEli and Ceilo27 like this.
  9. Cryarc

Cryarc 『Procrascinating Illustrator』

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding Yuri:
    Yuri is a creepy manipulative girl, her monologues and conversations when she's alone with her aide is about her mocking the stupid prince and his alliance for falling so easily to her "innocent act", she even complains that the guys she manipulates are too stupid and useless, she used them as pawns to harass Iris and that she hates Iris... All her stupid request in innocent mode are actually well calculated... This girl is a lot more talented than Iris in the acting skills and manipulating behind the scenes.

Elisee, lostross, ReaderEli and 8 others like this.
  10. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    In-depth spoiler about what happen to the stupid 4 guys around Yuri:
    Later the church is creating an uproar on Iris' fief and accused her as heretic because she demolished the dilapidated church where the orphan childrens stays though she actually wanted to rebuild and move the church somewhere else. This makes her become excommunicated from the church resulting in her reputation goes down and she's extremely stressed out until finally Dean comes and helped her. Trough some of Dean's connections they finally able to uncover the fact that Iris is actually innocent and instead they found out the corruption from the church and the Pope (Van's father) 's side. After that Van's father is jailed, and Van himself is left in ruin. Later he approaches Iris to ask for her help, but logically she refused him (why should I help you? What merit do I get from doing so?) and kick him out of the mansion. After that he moves around in Iris' fief, and started stirring up troubles and spreading various dubious rumors in her fief. She decided to check it personally since her guard is not coming back after checking it. She's being accompanied with Dean, and together they resolved the problems and put Van in jail. Turns out to be all of this is just Yuri's attempt to harass Iris by manipulating Van to create trouble in Iris' fief LOL. Well Van is the same as Ed, spoiled brat that's being manipulated by Yuri, it's just because Yuri only thinks of him as a small useless pawn he rarely appears and when he does, he's disposed off quickly...

The only one who recover their sanity is Iris' brother that turns into a dependable little brother, and the Knight boy is in dillema since all of his surrounding is chastising him for acting unknightly when he takes part in bashing Yuri at the beginning of the series. The Knight boy is reprimanded by both his parents, his father told him that he is not a knight anymore when he raised his hand toward a girl without proper evidence and his mother scold him that even though she doesn't know about knight it's simply inhumane act to ganging on a girl who got her fiance seduced by another girl, that it's Iris' right as a woman to chastise Yuri who seduced her fiancee. And finally his comrades in knight troops told him that Iris' knights are all loyal and regards her as a great princess, someone like that surely not a bad girl. Though he's still uncertain and think that Yuri is innocent so he decided to visit Iris so he can become his knight to know her better. Ofcourse Iris also rejected his offer since it's clearly not a good political move to let someone close to the second prince's faction to work on her fief...

In conclusion: The second prince is too stupid, the church boy is jailed, the knight boy is wandering around in Iris' fief and Iris' little brother recovered and become a good guy.

mart7206, Elisee, layyu and 18 others like this.
  11. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    What type of trouble does Van causes in Iris territory?

12. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    He's approaching other nobles in Iris' territory, coaxing them into condemning Iris using the knight boy's circumstances as a reason (rejected by Iris he's wandering aimlessly in her fief...), other than that he's creating rumors so the citizen is feeling unrest in certain part of her territory. Well basically he's fanning false rumors so other nobles will kick Iris out from the territory.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Elisee, lostross, ReaderEli and 2 others like this.
  13. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. That's... stupid. I mean, your father gets arrested on corruption charges after trying to frame someone else, then you go to said someone territory and try to cause problens. Isn't it obvius that that someone will have you on their watchlist and attack at the first sign of trouble?

Elisee, lostross, Breddybutt and 2 others like this.
  14. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL that's why Yuri thought he's useless, she incites him (I guess with her "innocent and naive mode" in full throttle since it's not shown directly, only implied that she's the one deliberately planting the idea to his head) to cause trouble for Iris but ends up getting caught before doing anything harmful to Iris. Well from the beginning she's not expecting much from Van and Dorsen though, they're just disposable pawns for her. Yuri is a creep. A real creep.

15. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    But her pawns are becoming less and less, right? Berne is reformed, Dorsen is trying to reform, Van is in jail and has no political power left. Her last pawn is Second Prince and Queen Elia, and their faction is quite useless since they're all talk and no bite in military or economic might.

lostross and Ceilo27 like this.
  16. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems she have other plans in motion and these harassments are merely a past time activity, since the raw currently stuck at this point, explaining her backstory about her mother and why she becomes that twisted in personality.
    Her mother is a spy that's working for Towair country that's been working on the castle, but she fell in love with a mere baron. She becomes pregnant later and the baron's lawful wife found out about her husband's infidelity and also her spy status, the lawful wife then threaten her to leave because her existence itself is staining the baron's reputation and if she's not leaving the wife will report her as a spy to the authority. She decided to leave and giving birth to Yuri later, both Yuri and her mom lives in poverty and she's being bullied. Yuri met someone named Divan that told her that she's actually a baron's daughter. Unfortunately her mom fell sick from a pandemic later while Divan is on a bussiness trip. Yuri then went to the baron's house thinking that he will help her mom, but found out that he won't help. She's enraged that why he doesn't help her mother and concludes that the baron only thought of it as plaything while her mom actually does fell in love with him. Divan finally got the medicine but it's too late, her mother died. She then developed this twisted personality that men are to be manipulated and the one who fall in love is the one who lose (because she think her mom lost since she's actually fell in love with the baron). After that she's starting the plan to go into the school. --> this is the beginning of the series. From the tone of it she's doesn't care if the country just crash and burns later... It's all just a revenge play for her.

This also explains why Yuri is so fixated (borderline obsessed) with Iris, she's angry seeing Iris having anything and happy from the beginning, having status, family, fiance etc.

Elisee, lostross, ReaderEli and 12 others like this.
  17. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so she's wicked, but don't have people behind her? Really? One would think that with her agenda until now she would be a Towair spy at the very least...

lostross and Infinity Sword like this.
  18. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    Exact circumsctances about it is not yet revealed (the grey unknown area after her mom died until she's being picked up and enrolled in school is left untold), but it seems she already built the foundation of her plan long before enrolling the school and she does acts like she have failsafe plans prepared so it's not yet out of the picture if she's having cooperation from her mother's home country. It's just the RAW are stuck exactly at this point so I don't know how it will played out for now. Though my own speculation is she's deliberately messing up the country from the inside, she's trying to weaken the country or something._.

Ah, and this Divan guy is currently following her as an aide, I think he's the one moves behind the scenes.

19. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Well, she's definitly got a plan to bring down the country. People already figured that out since chapter 29 when she come up with that 'let's disband the army!' idea.

BTW, what about her father? Does he realize that he created the devil or something?

lostross and Ceilo27 like this.
  20. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I don't know about the father, though judging by how good Yuri acts out her innocent and naive persona I think he doesn't even realize his daughter is a devil, to be honest I found Yuri scary, I wouldn't want to meet someone like her for sure 8'D