LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link

Think of the Billionaire Tycoon Geezers who were just introduced to Naver's Line :D
    What they talked, of course, appeared to be (not) a bit bore and dull to all the younger generations, except the one who could grab the slipping-out luck.
    One such luck is more than enough to turn the ordinary teenager to be the another billionaire.

However, every luck has its price. Very high price :D
    Enough to send you to another world for whole summer! :D

<<Heh, that's spoil!>>

2. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In this story so far, there has been some fairly realistic points even if you consider that its a fantasy story.

That is the theme in xianxia really, 富贵险中求, fortune comes to those who take on dangers/risks, or more literally to seek fortune in danger, where you have to risk your life to gain something.

Although Senior "White"'s luck is like, there is no drawback..... at least for himself.

3. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Reading List:
    Link
    "No more real virtualty, please", some one begs.

4. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...
    You are referring to the 7th Rank ability?

5. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, everyone who happened to be struck by bad karma luck .. staying near his Vulnerable when he meditated :D

6. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might want to use the spoiler tags ;).
    Senior White has several "danger" points, though mediation isn't really one of them by itself. Due to situation development like Shuhang got caught up in a dangerous situation with Senior White but somehow he had went into meditation mode would be the only situation where meditation itself caused issues.

1) His charm is "over 9000". Anyone who has been around him will be smitten and would do anything for him, this is regardless of gender. Hence this is one of the reason why many of the other seniors from the chat group are reluctant to meet/receive senior White when he comes out of his 150 years closed door meditation. One of the common joke here is that meeting senior White made male characters "question their own sexuality preference" mostly to hilarious results. For some reason though, the MC is less affected than others, though the way he was questioned by the other seniors made lots of misunderstanding about his sexual preference.
    2) Senior White will daze/zone out unexpectedly, even when in the middle of doing something. This is extremely dangerous for other people around him, since he will "fall down head first", regardless of where he is, even if the ground is all flat and there is nothing to trip him, it is even possible when he is floating in the air where there is nothing to trip him either, he will still "fall down head first". And since by the time he exit from his closed door meditation, he had ranked up (as far as everyone else knew, he started his meditation at Rank 6) somehow or rather to ranked 7, falling down like that would create a huge crater, and the impact is extremely dangerous to the people around him or even fatal should the impact point be point blank/on them.
    3) His ridiculous luck. Senior White's luck is so ridiculous that as an example, when going out for a walk, a meteor can crash land beside him, leaving him unscathed, which is usually not the case for people beside him, cracking open to reveal rare materials in the cultivation world. This he will then usually share with the people beside him, though usually they wouldn't know how to respond to what happened, as they had just been in a near fatal situation, only to suddenly be given a portion of whatever was found. His luck is also apparently effective to some degree for others, such that he has had a reputation of having people "pray" to him (while he is meditating) or to his pictures to wish for the fulfillment of some wants, which has usually be fulfilled later after doing so.

HavenCustos likes this.
  7. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most reader won't know about this spoiler.

The translation speed is pretty slow.
    At this rate, it may be 1 or 2 years before they understand what we talk about :(

One of the White Dangerous is his desert real virtualty :D

Another one : luck. Mother nature holds high her justice. Good luck must be accompanied by the equally-bad luck <grin>.

8. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure of the translator's speed really since I have mostly read the raw, that said, 1-2 chapters a week I think its still a fair speed., though it'll take a while to catch up to the 600+ chapters now.

In most situation yes, to get high returns, you have to take high risks.

9. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems the author is pretty fast paced at releases. It's almost a chapter a day, not that I'm complaining, if anything as a reader, I'll love for him to release more.

10. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder when the MC will realize that the cultivation stuff are real

11. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very soon actually.
    If you haven't looked through the thread (there is already some mention of it)
    In the next 2 chapters (20 and 21) he will encounter things that he thought wasn't real, Poison Dragon Grass, and Spirit Ghosts

12. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that soft feather woman is a horrible human being like seriously WTF she seriously injured two people and put them in the hospital and forced a poor old mans dog to betray and attack him which of course means the innocent dog is going to be put down all to manipulate someone into helping her with directions? Holy shit she fails as a human being. I'm not even kidding that is deeply fucked up.

13. Daruda

Daruda [Heavenly Frog] [Grumpy] [Contemplative]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she has a different morality than normal person, like her father has hundreds of years and it was said that she never left home alone, she's ignorant of life. Anyway, she's probably filthy rich, so she can probably cover them in gold and cure em easily.
    I think that her selfishness is a good trait, as to get stronger you have a strong ambition too, who cares about 2 mortals that aren't even related to her. It's good enough they aren't dead.
    PS: Please be careful with spoilers, vague spoilers too. There is a forum for that.

14. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    let's just say she is a mischievious problem child

15. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to remember that she was brought up by a person who likely lived for several hundreds if not thousands of years, from a time where a person's life is dirt cheap. Even if they adopt modern society's lifestyle, they have a different sense of value and morality. That said and all, they also do believe in karmic retributions, as long as they are not some "evil" path cultivators, they tend to avoid doing massive harm etc, and if they do harm some innocent people, they will try to pay them back within their means.
    Soft Feather did later arrange for someone to send both teachers medicines, which not only helped in their healing, but rather enhanced their body in a way similar to the Body Tempering medicine Suhang will later make based on the recipe given in the chat. Though the body tempering is to a much lesser extend, since it was medicine which a normal mortal can consume without dying.
    She is also not the only one to come up with "creative solutions" like that. Other people in the chat group that Suhang will be meeting later have came up with the exact same solution and other similarly morally "grey" solutions. In case you forgot, around chapter 7, there was news reports of dozens of delinquents being knocked unconscious and sent to the hospital, this was done by Ah Shiliu (Little 16) to vent her anger of her tribulation failure. While they are delinquents, sending dozens, almost hundred of them to the hospital just to vent your temper isn't the norm. Hence as you can see, there is a big difference in moral views and values amongst the general cultivators.
    In a way, Suhang is considered a rare case, where he was brought up in the normal society, has a modern morality sense and values, thus he is not influenced all that much by the other cultivators. Most other cultivators are either from a long time ago (those big seniors who lived hundreds or thousands of years), or have been brought up in a family/sect from a very young age (before 8 years old), thus have been thought a sense of values and morality similar if not the same as their elders/seniors.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  16. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a latest chapter discussion and everything i mentioned has aleady happened in the translated chapters if you consider that to be "spoilers" you should avoid LCDs

sending people to the hospital and basically murdering ssomeones dog is not "mischief".

Yeah its not the kind of thing you can just "make up for" but I guess if you've never owned a dog you wont really appreciate just how evil what she did was. I mean it wasn't some huge evil or anything but it is more or less on the same level as those fucked up kids who go around murdering their neighborhood pets but mostly what annoys me is that i strongly suspect that the authors writing will never actually address her callousness and just continue to focus on how "moe" she is which is what actually bothers me. There are plenty of much more evil or bad characters that i really like but that requires that the author be aware of the type of character they are writing while on the other hand I can't stand it when I run across characters that are supposed to fit in to some typical stereotype like a mischievous heroine or something but the author will write them doing tons of very hateful and self centered things but still tries to force the perception of them being cute and harmless down the readers throat. Hopefully thats not what happens here as this story is really enjoyable so far and the idea of a bunch of immortal patriarchs sending emotes and memes and playing Farmville is really funny.

17. Daruda

Reading List:
    Link
    About the spoiler stuff, it was general, I'm sorry if I worded it badly and you misunderstood. In the previous posts there were vague spoilers, nothing major, but it kills the tension.

About the dog....well, it may become really controversial. My opinion, that is no better than others, is that until you don't care about a dog, it's value isn't bigger than any other life forms. You may ate cows or any other animal, are they less valuable than a dog? There are first class life forms and second class ones?
    It's all about how much you care. Some people may love more their pet than an unknown person. Although I put people ahead of any animal.

18. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    The dog thing is just something that bothers me im not trying to say i think it should bother other people or anything its just me gripping i guess but to force someones dog to attack and severely injure them resulting in the dog being killed just to get directions is just fucked up. There is a difference between killing an animal for food and killing it and injuring some innocent people just because you can and you dont give a shit about the lives of other people or animals.
    As far as spoilers I only understand English and have only read and talked about whats been translated so far so i really don't get how anything i said could be considered a spoiler in a LCD even in a vague sense but np im not mad or offended or anything and i think the way i wrote my response may have sounded like i was.

19. Daruda

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't talking about you, but other people. I'm getting worried than I'm explaining in a wrong way lol

About the dog....well, she isn't a saint. It's not like she has to care about any life. For example: you care about an ant? No? How heartless lol
    She saw the dog as nothing, so no problem killing it. Is she truly heartless? Are we heartless when we kill an ant?
    "But...a dog is more important than an ant"
    Every life has the value you give it.
    Cultivator were never the kind group, they kill dragons and tigers for their body. A dog isn't even registered in their consciousness.

20. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i get that and like i said there are pleny of much more cruel characters that i like and have no problem with it just comes down to how self aware and or thoughtful the author is when writing the character. Take something like "summoned slaughterer" for example i only read like I dunno 18 chapters or something but the author is clearly aware of who and what his character is in the story and doesn't try to minimize excuse or ignore it and you end up with a character who still has likable qualities (WMW is another great example). On the other hand you can find plenty of rant threads about PMG, MGA, and some others alot of which center on how the author attemps to frame a conflict or scenario as if the protag is some kind of hero or sympathetic character when in reality he is just as bad or sometimes worse than the supposed "villains".