Dark Web

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Fallen Hero, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rh12

rh12 Destroying the world with my snores

Reading List:
    Link
    stay away.
    A friend of mine was forced into watching a live death.
    It took days for him to recover.

2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like every xianxia to me.

BTW, it doesn't exist. The final level of the internet was a glitch in the system. Back in my day, they described it as 'the place where everything that doesn't fit anywhere goes to'. By that, it refers to deleted data, junk materials and basically a trash heap where everything anyone has ever done on the net is dumped to.

Some believed that there is an advanced AI there, stealing processing power from all the computers connected to the net, but this was never proven. It's quite possible to need a quantum computer if it is true there's an advanced Ai there, as if the theory is correct, then you need the computation power of all the computers connected to the net and a weird algorithm (which I don't know) to even access it. If you can access it, in theory, you can access anything that has ever existed on or connected to the world wide web. If the stuff was on a private network that was never connected on the net, it won't be there.

That is only if, it exist. It's just a junkheap. There's nothing there for anyone to readily use. If you want to understand what it is, 'Net Slum' from Hack://Sign is a similar place, though that place was accessed through VR. If you try to access the final level of the internet using similar VR, you will go insane. It's like diving into a CD that has a quarter of its surface missing.

Anyhow, the whole story is nothing more than fiction and conspiracy theory. You can imagine Hollywood making a movie about it if they haven't done it already.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  3. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a creepypasta. These kinds of things aren't supposed to be taken seriously. They're meant for entertainment. Think of them a cheap horror stories.

I kinda wish the author didn't drag quantum computing into the story though. It breaks immersion. The moment quantum computing popped up was the moment where my suspension of disbelief shattered.

Ai chan likes this.
  4. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    They are proud they finally got there. They just want someone to praise them, ignore it.

5. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a funny troll picture, I laugh every time I see it.

Looks like someone hasn't played Endgame: Singularity

6. RickyTheKind

RickyTheKind 『Isekai Pending』

Reading List:
    Link
    From a person who started using the Dark Web since 2010 I wont recommend some sites to you. though the Dark web is a good place to learn stuff. Good or Bad. Some might be used in real life, well most of them all. just be careful when searching the dark web. you might think your anonymous in the dark web but your not. coz some sites that you went through might be tagged by the government or worse.

Anyways happy surfing in the dark web XD

7. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And you'd be right, I haven't. But after googling it, it looks fun.

Still don't see how that's related to my comment about quantum computing though