LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. surai98

surai98 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anti-foreshadowing skill activate...:blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:
    The S-class adventurer will start to move towards MC.
    They won't introduce him in the side chapter if they won't use him in the next arc.
    And a guess the next chapter is a god and evil gods introduction.:hmm::hmm::hmm:

2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The next arc is somewhat different in style to the previous ones but it's not a school arc. Nowhere in the world is there a primary school for Demon Kings :D

There'll be several surprising meetings in the next arc. Next chapter is the first chapter in the next arc. The official name of the arc is the "Hartner Duchy" arc or so.

Anon_711 likes this.
  3. Zyront

Zyront Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im have an
    isn't he the merger of the fragments that belonged to whats left of the souls of the past heroes of Vida like zackart and the others? Then how can he be confused whit anemiya? And when was stated that he is related to the demon king? Is he also the 1st vampire Lord reincarnation? Does he gets the other vampire skills like bat/wolf/mist morphing? When will he receive a new Oracle?

4. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    In the V3 character page, Van is described like this:
    We also know that within the reincarnation systems, it's normal to lose your previous life's memories - the 101 reincarnators from Earth are a deliberately done special case.

But I can add the following to help clarify things:
    Maybe you think this is Van's first reincarnation since the souls were stitched together? That's not the case - he's been through 100s/1000s of reincarnations in the last 100,000 years. There's no reason why he would retain memories and nobody expects him to. Nobody (even Vida) expects him to "be" Zakkart.

He's not related to the Demon King in any way except in abilities, specifically being able to destroy souls. So he's the 2nd known example of having this ability and is compared to the first because of that. AFAIK the original Demon King had no children and his soul was scattered into fragments.

He's not a reincarnation of anyone else. His soul is made from the 4 champions on Vida's side and that soul entered the reincarnation system before lots of other events such as the Demon King being defeated, the creation of the vampires etc.

Van will gain lots of abilities but he doesn't go down a vampire route. It's more like something out of Lovecraftian horror. I don't mean he goes evil. He's just really really different. It'll be a while before this becomes quite obvious though there's already a number of hints.

Van doesn't get any Oracles that I remember. Vida's happy to let him do his own thing but she has sent many Oracles to both people and other gods specifically to support Van.

Shiraori_, Zyront and defry like this.
  5. Fik

Fik Member

Reading List:
    Link
    finally real arc chapter,
    dont you think going alone too reckless for him,
    yeah if its infiltration he can do it with ease, but he literally come to say hey im ghoul king, eclipse king and taboo name, oh i can destroy soul and kill god too despite only 7 years old

6. Zyront

Zyront Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, that helped a lot... Btw in the latest arc how old is he?

7. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    He's 11 currently in the latest arc

Zyront likes this.
  8. Zyront

Zyront Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn, that's a lot from a normal point of view but in the other hand everyone around him are long lived races and he himself has a life expectancy of 5000 years at most so its a long way to go from there

9. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest translated chapter is the 79th release (including all side chapters) and near the start of the 4th arc. The latest raw is the 258th release and near the start of the 10th arc. There's no big time skips btw.

10. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh why this MC so obsessive with being want to honorary noblemen.

11. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, quick question, if it's not too much of a bother. I know that by age 11 boys already get aroused by whatever gender they prefer.. So, any progress with any girl in the latest release? Because I remember him thinking that he doesn't do anything to any of the girls that like him because his body's too young to feel arousal.
    thanks.

12. Waaazzap

Waaazzap New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he's just a king. Why wouldn't he want a promotion?

13. Dragon God Orstellen

Dragon God Orstellen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure he has stated the reason repeatedly. He wants the honorary part so he doesn't have to worry about being dragged into too many political schemes. He wants to be a nobleman of Orbaume so that he has some societal protection for when the other reincarnaters arrive, just in case they come after him.

14. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this has been stated multiple times in the story. He wants the status of an important person in human society (any human society would do) because then the Heroes won't be able to move to kill him, without it being considered a assassination.

15. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    While he is growing and has hit early puberty I can't remember any hint of physical sexual attraction yet. He does have this ongoing muscle fetish but not in a sexual sense. So he doesn't feel much different to how he is now in this area.

He hasn't been on a "date". Hasn't had a "first kiss" (unless you count CPR). It's not like he's tried to either or thought about it much.

He is doesn't reject love so he has no problems with girls expressing an interest in him. He doesn't seem to have any problem with shapes or sizes either - he's okay with all of Vida's races. He is also aware that he is going to live for a long time and that for him it would be normal to have multiple relationships one way or another - many of Vida tribes don't officially marry at all, and while Dark Elves do marry they only do so for a maximum of 100 years at a time (though they can renew it). So he's not tied to Earth conventions though I'm not really sure what he himself wants - I don't remember him visualising some kind of "ideal" and it feels more like he'll deal with things as they come.

He doesn't have an official harem but his unofficial harem is still growing. There's not much in the way of "harem shenanigans".

16. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I somewhat struggle with this as well. The best way I would try to explain it is that the MC is not nearly so rational as he can sometimes appear to be and is also rather messed up by the Mental Corruption skill. He's also really patient, really stubborn and really doesn't like to give up. So, once he's gotten an idea into his head, he feels like it's a defeat if he gives up on it... even if his circumstances have changed a lot.

Another way you can view it is that it's like a childhood dream and he wants to see it through for the sake of his pride (his personal happiness).

17. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    and since he can reverse aging, he is effectively immortal. even if he were to die, he would possibly just become an undead and learn how to revive himself with that machine if it ever gets rebuilt somehow.

Zyront likes this.
  18. Zyront

Zyront Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, though i think that at some point he will become the god of death.

19. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the last chapter proved how out of the norm Van is he alone dealed with mob of goblings that would cause an state to freak out, not to mention the ease that he did it. And he still just 7 years old. Wondering how things will go for him in the humans towns.

20. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I view it, Van is obsessed with the honorary noble title for few reasons.

Van wants to be honorary noble for security, he wants a social status that offers him a sense of security and where he will be protected by society. He wants to use society as a counter against the "heroes", as the heroes cannot go against the society they are supposed to protect. they cannot be heroes without the backing of a society. So, Van wants to portrayed as a hero or a selfless noble in society. Not wanting more than just a honorary noble status has the advantage of seen as being humble and the other is, he does not want to be part of power struggles.
    Van does not want to have too many enemies and he views getting higher promotion or higher noble status as a possibility of making new enemies, plus making it more troublesome than it is.

The other thing to consider that Van so far has no clues of nobles or a society with nobles and so on. He probably knows a bit from earth or fiction, history. That is a very superficial view and it does not touch the surface of nobility and kings. Van has yet to learn so far about the true face of nobility and even society in his current world. So, until he has an eureka moment or he delves deeper into matters of nobility and society, then he will have his own vague plan (which makes sense but it is still a plan lacking in various ways). Van so far, he only knows of caves->forest->bandits-towns->ghoul towns->titan kingdom.... he is isolated in terms of experiencing society more deeply.

I don't know the future (you can read the raws) but so far, from my perspective his plan makes sense if we account his view and experiences but at the moment he is lacking and is flawed, which I feel the author is doing so intentionally.