LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is a perfectly fine analysis of Van's original reasons.

I don't think you need to read the raws to be able to spot the flaws in this plan with how things have developed now. Note, I'm just going to argue this based on what Van might reasonably know now.

Van's already a known major threat to the Amid Empire (and Van recognises the Amid Empire as a threat as well). Let's say he achieves his goal and he becomes a minor noble in the Orbaume Kingdom. Van becoming a noble in the Orbaume Kingdom would likely be like waving a red flag to the Amid Empire. Let's say the Amid Empire send a threat to the Orbaume Kingdom which basically amounts to "hand over that guy or we'll invade". It would be unusual (though not impossible) for the Orbaume Kingdom to take the risk to defend a minor noble over such big stakes. Putting it another way, the Orbaume Kingdom would only protect Van to the death if they're very gung-ho about about fighting the Amid Empire anyway. I'm not going to say whether or not that is the case, just that it's not a particularly safe assumption in general. Also, if Van likes the Orbaume Kingdom he probably wouldn't want to get it involved in a war over him.

There's also groups like the evil Pure-blood Vampires who are hunting for him anyway and don't care about about titles. So for Van's plan to work and for him to be in a safe place he'll need to neutralise the 100,000 year old evil vampires and the Amid Empire. On the Amid Empire side, he'd have to complete that before reincarnators start coming over.

Long story short: he's already made himself too prominent. Becoming a minor noble isn't going to be worth much in practice.

There's also a flawed assumption that the reincarnators would actually care about Van being minor nobility. In the side-stories we've already seen reincarnators who aren't so concerned with the legal niceties.

Just to be clear: I'm not criticising the story or the character. I think it's fine for Van to be a bit weird or illogical.

defry likes this.
  2. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope at some point, he kills rodcorte

3. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the Orbaume Kingdom is already at war with the Empire so I doubt the Kingdom would hand over some capable of been considered a treat to the Empire, in fact they might consider using him to invade the Empire and changing the momentum. But it is indeed naive of him to consider that his status would only be a minor noble and even more that he won't be dragged into the political landscape. By the way could Van guet another weird tittle giving the happenings of the last chapter???

4. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Guys, here is what Van looks like as a goddess.

And here is how Van's face looks when he is thinking about his lack of muscles:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Paps likes this.
  5. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, Van is not perfect but at least the author made it so we could understand his reasoning.

I feel that even if Van becomes a king or a noble in a higher position, it would still be risky. For example, if Van becomes king... it can be manipulated as Van is a tyranical king or a demonic king, thus he would be portrayed as a danger to everyone and he would be attacked by multiple countries or if he becomes a high noble of some sort, he would be targeted as a threat. Envy, hate and many other factors can be used and people try to manipulate using propaganda to turn others into villains and monsters. For example, Hitler... made jews and others as a sub species and the majority became nazis, they were ok with genocide and many other disgusting things.
    So, similarly how Vida was defeated and the heroes are still "heroes" because they portrayed Vida in a certain way... it can happen to Van, no matter what position he has.

So, his idea to use society to counter the idea of the "heroes" attacking him in the name of justice is good but even Van himself considered that it might work, that they might still attack him because "society" in that world is weak and that society is mainly based and influenced by gods, compared to earth or origin. Alda can just declare him as a villain and the end, it does not matter what the people say.... or most people would believe Alda, instead of a "hero"(if Van becomes a hero)

So far, I will wait to see how it develops. Honestly, I hope he kills all of his classmates. This is my intuition based on my experience reading fiction but they rub me the wrong way, there is definitely something wrong with them.

6. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't be ridiculous!

Van has white/silver hair.

He probably looks more like this:
    [​IMG]

:D :D :D :D: :D

FranckOA, Ingenuity, Paps and 2 others like this.
  7. Zyront

Zyront Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hes becoming less and less human/dhampir-like... now he can shoot his tonge like a cannonball.... for some reason I think it's cool though

Paps likes this.
  8. Fluffums

Fluffums Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this is Van's "low-key" I'm worried about what he'll do after becoming an adventurer when he *wants* to get everyone's attention.

Lange93 likes this.
  9. Teisen

Teisen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhh i think he look more like that girl but with other eye color and white skin color
    [​IMG]

10. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it is terrifying cool!!!!!!! By the wa that altar for Vida I think it will play an importance.

defry likes this.
  11. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That must be his spirit form when he uses it to make himself as a cat. Van can transform using his spirit form into 10 kittens. Just imagine 10 of this guy with different eye color and white fur.

I agree, remember that someone suggested that Van will become the representive of Vida but it just happened low-key. I can see him getting new titles soon. Hero of Vida or Vida's Knight and so on.

Paps likes this.
  12. Shiraori_

Shiraori_ 「Wolf Girl goes "Awoo!" in your area」

Reading List:
    Link
    This arc is pretty generic tbh. I get the point already, that he's piling up achievements and probably is going to become known as Vida's messenger or incarnation or some shit, I just hope that there isn't like 5 more chapters of just this over and over again.

13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry there's lots of twists and turns in this arc. It's barely gotten started.

This arc has probably the worst moment for Van since chapter 2. He's in such mental pain he gains a new skill.

You almost certainly won't be able to guess it in advance either.

14. Recouer

Recouer Learning.append (math+programmation+physics)

Reading List:
    Link
    He gets the Vida's maiden title
    Of course, it would be a very humiliating title XD

15. Shiraori_

Shiraori_ 「Wolf Girl goes "Awoo!" in your area」

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, figures that /maybe/ leaving your subordinates who rely on your leadership alone for long periods of time while you're out screwing around might result in casualties.

It's a good thing I'm not particularly attached to any character yet, so someone getting killed off won't be too depressing.

16. Zyront

Zyront Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know about you...
    But if Pauvina or one of the kids (which are more bigger and younger than van btw) dies, I'm gonna be sad... the just came to the world man...

17. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the last line of my spoiler again...

18. H_C_L

H_C_L Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing something happens to the villagers once Van leaves? @kari-no-sugata

19. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    If you really want to know then send me a private message.

I don't want to turn this into speculation on spoilers.

Apologies to anyone who wanted to avoid any hint of spoilers, either positive or negative.

20. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but I think it will help her alot to recover since it seems that he will begin to prolife her church all over the place again.