LCD Demon’s Diary

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are being way too vague here, what exactly are you even talking about. We know pills are BAD for cultivators in this setting. So, all they need is the comprehension to have most breakthroughs. As for spiritmaster, they need 1 to a few doses of aura ki.

Also, the aura qi is worth 30k per dose for cheap one or 200k per dose for super high end one. Whenever the sect said "you would get % of what you earn" they have given it (although usually in the form of spirit stones / offering to trade for like valued stuff. like when they did the trade where he gave up the magic iron in exchange for their alchemists refining the magic fruit for him into the fluid he used to turn super buff and get 1 foot of height).

So... if he brought out the dragon skin, which is likely worth many millions, he could buy many many aura qis with just his 10% of its value. As it is, he would need to keep dragon scales a secret until pill phase

2. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know when he found that Yin Aura is soooo thought that he would give/trade with that Aphrodite Body girl.....but nope apparently she's a seafolk so that's out

3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what? since when is the aphrodite body girl a seafolk?

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A few chapters ago. Her name was brought up as being one of the traitor sect disciples who escaped from their sects when the Seafolk declared war on the humans.

mrttao likes this.
  5. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    right they did word it that way so yea never confirmed she is seafolk, she could be, or another race and didn't want to get caught up in a Human v Seafolk war, or some other reason she went missing.

mrttao likes this.
  6. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, found it. so the aphrodite body girl was jia lan?
    http://gravitytales.com/novel/demons-diary/dd-chapter-234

7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c240
    >There were two reasons. First, the pill was truly is difficult to refine and second, because he didn’t bring much of this pill’s materials with him when he first entered the mysterious space which had resulted in him having far less practice in making this pill compared to the other Spirit Apostle pills.

Couldn't he have burned the other materials that came from a storage glyph, leaving behind only the materials for the black crow pill? after all, he initially had a 70% failure rate, essentially burning failed materials and they still came back.

8. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do y'all feel about the translation speed of this novel. I really like the novel since I like most of Wang Yu's work its just the translation speed is slow as hell.

mrttao likes this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It used to be so slow i thought it was hiatus.
    Lately it has been updating a decent albeit slowish manner

bonifide likes this.
  10. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    its currently at what 4 ch/wk, that's not a bad pace, its just the couple of breaks the translator has taken for school/life

11. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember somebody wanted to pick it up when it took a long break then he released a chapter. I mean I know he runs a site and got some drama going on. I know I shouldn't compare but Ren was doing this and putting out chapters. 2 + years and only 240+ chapters. Now the novel has more than one translator.

12. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    HTL of Demon Diary is below average. I won't say they are as bad as NovelSaga but definitely below standard. Abuse of pinyin for common terms (fa li, etc) or mistranslations of many terms (that sword technique MC got, crystal transformation instead of crystal, aura pit, etc).

13. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Slow chaps just killed me. cant get back into the story, ill try again in a year or so.

mrttao and josh_15 like this.
  14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c242

These battles make no sense. Those ants dodge faster than his magic blasts, and faster than he can see. then suddenly he hits them both with double swing to both the right and left. then they start dodging faster than one can see again.

Its like their speed changes constantly based on what the author wants to write at that moment

15. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Sighs I started MTL author did some stupid shit that makes me want to drop it. Did all the cliches i hate altogether...

mrttao likes this.
  16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mind sharing in a spoiler?

17. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically he is a middle level Spirit Master now. He's traveling outside his country to some other place. He's traveling with that Crystal level woman. They both doing their own thing and just so happens he got to keep running but he finally killed his pursuer. Dude had a lot of treasure since he was a refiner grandmaster. That Crystal level women was fighting one guy that wanted to kill her to get saved by another guy that wants to use her as a human furnace. So she gets hurt pretty damn bad. MC kind of saves her and here we go the silly ass chase scene over and over. Author almost did the same exact shit as he did in Mortals Journey made them do some stupid forced kiss. So when they finally free an even powerful guy shows up that wants the whole island resources. I believe hes a Sea Monster True Core so he literally made the MC a fucking mining slave and the Crystal stage woman. He wants her as a concubine. Oh yeah the MC had to take a punch from the True Core monster he only used 10%. He literally had to waste that sword embyo and a lot of shit to use it. So now he's not a sword cultivator no more. Since he's a mining slave now they took most his treasures and I stopped after that. All this shit happened in a matter of like 30 chapters.

mrttao likes this.
  18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....
    goddammit author! why!

19. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword embryo isn't his, it's an inheritance the Sect Founder's spirit clone wanted to be passed to his descendants. Since his Dark Bone cultivation method was incomplete, Sect founder gave him a suitable higher leveled cultivation method as compensation. The Sword Embryo's protections was hacked by the other personality sealed in the MC and detonated as reactive armor for MC to survive a hit. The Sect Founder's descendants got really screwed through not receiving their inheritance. MC did not lose cultivation level as a mining slave, just restricted by the weird environment of the mine and the pyramid scheme/paywall sunk cost fallacy system that allows slave overseers to profit from slaves trying to maintain their cultivation in that environment. Things get better after his escape and joining the Founder's original sect.

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He cultivated his own sword embryo already in the translated chapters. he currently has 2 sword embryos, one is the inheritance from the sect founder and the other his own.
    Are you sure it is the sect founder sword embryo that was destroyed and not his own?