LCD Demon’s Diary

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I remembered MC's qi also increasing defensive strength. So the Seventh Blue Aura Qi is essentially just a stronger version of the Guyin Aura Qi, huh? They're both Yin-types too, so they both enhance spells that fall under that range, I'm assuming.

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe this dragon based evolution is not just breaking through to liquid but also undergoing a qualitative transformation. A liquid phase dragon is stronger than a liquid phase mouse. Remember when he evolved his poison without changing his qi level? So I think this time he is combining both the liquid phase breakthrough with some draconic bloodline transformation.
    I think guyin came with severe vulnerability to holy/light. while blue aura does not have any vulnerabilities.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone help me in remembering who this Yang Gan (Silver-masked guy) is?

mrttao likes this.
  4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I knew

5. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha i remember him a bit.
    I don't remember which mountain he belonged to , but he was the apostle disciple ranked 1 (Shi shiong?) . When Liu Ming went to that treasure hunting realm , he shortly teamed up with Yang Gan and some body cultivator from a puppet sect to hunt some demon bear (?) . Aside from that i don't remember anything , not even about his skills/spells. I think he uses some demon/evil :hmm:

6. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah if you say it like that I think I remember him a bit. Is he the one that had that expensive formation flag or the weaker member of the group? I remember the Body cultivator wasn't in direct command and besides Liu Meng there was 2 other members one fairly strong and holding a formation flag and 1 weaker member that brought absolutely nothing to the group.

Feels like forever ago cause of all the long breaks, hell if you told me this happened last year I wouldn't be surprised! All I remember is them fighting and hunting down bears for their gallbladder and using preplanned traps to hunt down a super bear after they hunted down 3 to 4 other bears after separating them from their group 1 by 1.

7. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    You remember more than me xD ,and yes he should be the one with expensive flags.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  8. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There should have been 4 of them, Liu Ming included, yeah. The other two apart from Yang Gan should have been from the puppet sect; one was Yang Gan's rival, and the other was the 'prodigy' Liu Ming fought in that small contest that lead to the discovery of the alternate dimension. Yang Gan's rival also used a puppet, but unlike his junior brother who used multiple, I think he used one big one?

Can't remember what Yang Gan used at all either. I think he was able to fly, though? Since the other guy used some sort of ape (or something) to get across a valley to get to that area where they hunted. Maybe some sort of energy projection?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Their entire sect uses demons/evil cultivation technique.

10. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, that's their general theme, but they use different techniques. Like that guy who hates MC; his techniques revolve around blood. Same with the Sect Chief.

I think MC's group focuses particularly on demon pets like the Flying Head and the titular Nine Infants.

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His blood techniques are specifically evil blood techniques.
    Heck, his cultivation makes him psychotically hostile and also requires him to get a lover and then sacrifice her into a fate worse than death

There is a reason it is called "Demon's Diary". The MC is a Demonic Cultivator from a Demonic Sect. It's even called "Barbarian Ghost Sect" (I bet it is a mistranslation and should be "Savage Ghost Sect")
    Yes, the factions are:

Evil Blood Cultivation - sect leader faction
    Evil Ghost Cultivation - MCs faction
    Evil Demon Cultivation - the MC's scorpion
    Evil Skeleton Construct Cultivation - the giant high rank bone golem the MC was just given
    Evil Illusions and mind control - the faction that had that aphrodite body girl who was a sea race spy.
    ... and I am drawing a blank on the other factions.

12. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's what I meant when I said that's their 'general theme', 'that' referring to "Their entire sect uses demons/evil cultivation technique."

I do believe the Aphrodite Body girl's faction in the sect was concentrated on mental attack techniques, yeah. I know that she pretty much forced all her opponents to lose just by willing them too in the sect tournament arc last time. Honestly, I think you can usually understand what a faction's specialty is from the name alone. Probably.

Maybe that "flesh" something faction MC visited to have his water thing refined are the artifact refiners of the sect? Or are body cultivators. I vaguely remember someone toughening their body up a lot for the sect tournament.

mrttao likes this.
  13. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure it was the girl with the Aphrodite body that was the spy? I was sure it was his senior at 9 infants mountain that was the spy and the girl with the Aphrodite body was the one who failed to break through to a spirit master multiple times and was depressed and lamenting about it when Liu Ming broke through. Well its been so long I can't keep track of the names.

*Edit: I did a bit of research and it was actually Qian Hui Niang who is depressed over Liu Ming becoming an Spirit master... Sadly Jia Lan is the one who betrayed the sect (the girl with the Aphrodite body.

I think I remember more. The leader (because of intelligence) was just as strong as the 2nd member and he used flags to trap the bear or whatever. The 2nd member may have been a member of the barbarian sect and used a staff and was a body refiner or may have been a member of the puppet sect and used a puppet to fly. I remember now that the last member of the group was the guy who controlled multiple puppets but was still beaten by Liu Ming causing his sect to loose out right before the hidden realm arc. There was another puppet member but wasn't part of the group. This person was a frail youth who always hid in a giant ape mech, Liu Ming saw him a few times during that arc.

*Edit: Actually apes not bears that they were attacking

This story really needs a glossary or something

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
    injamambivu and mrttao like this.
  14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sea race MO has been to send in people with special natural talent but low cultivation level. to become the private students of higher ups, and then steal stuff. and they did it to all the sects. even the two asshole siblings in the hidden realm that were rampaging.

The sects are really negligent about examining new recruits and their background

15. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I don't think the cultivator sects are aware of much in regards to the other parties culture or abilities, if that's the case, not knowing or checking for other sentient life in the guise of human cultivators. I just wonder if Jia Lan will be killed off at one point? I really liked her. But this series throws away characters left and right. I actually like this. Why? So many stories make it so hard for you to be actually invested in a character and those that do make it so those characters never die or die in an overly dramatic way. Rarely does a story give you depth but give a real feel for betrayal or sudden deaths. This story is realistic in that sense. The only unfortunate bit is that this MC is a little to emotionally detached... I like Liu Ming but the only person he actually cares about is Qian Ruiping and she was sent off to another sect. Everyone else he cared about are long dead!

mrttao likes this.
  16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... when MC got his dark bone method it was said that there are no bottlenecks, but the 7 people before him exploded during their liquid phase breakthrough. With there being a likely possibility that very high mental strength and qi control allowing one to bypass the issue (like what he did with the weaving two ki threads together to stabilize them during the initial breakthrough during the awakening ceremony)

Meanwhile the MC has a huge bottleneck at liquid phase, had to use 3 doses of aura qi and purify his Qi to a ridiculously high degree... and then there was absolutely nothing about any "rampaging out of control ki that wanted to explode him, but he managed to control it due to mental strength / doing 2 things at once" like one would expect from that all buildup.

So... what the heck, did the author just forget or something?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  17. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it has something to due with the purity of his Qi and or that little bean that appears every once and awhile? Idk it's more likely the author forgot. Hey so did I but probably for different reasons...

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c259
    the MC's established personality is that he is secretive, unwilling to show others his techniques, and unwilling to engage in bouts unless the rewards are very great.

So why is he suddenly doing an exhibition match in front of all the other disciples for face and only face?
    Author can't decide if he wants face slapping or sneaky MC

19. injamambivu

injamambivu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not about face. he just needs to put an end to this stupid issue once and for all.

20. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sighs so I finally went back after one part of the novel pissed me off. I'm around chapters 900 and the author is dragging the shit out in a snail place.

MC levels up at a slow fucking pace. He's literally in the Crystal peak or I guess False Core in the 900s. Keep in mind that Sword woman he met is a Crystal Level realm. A lot of the times the author goes out his way to make the MC be out character, just to have a conflict for the sake of it. For the MC to level this slow author must going to rush through the rest. Since I only have like 600 chapters left. There is like 3 more realms he has to get too. I'm going to assume the novel is going to end when he ascends.

mrttao likes this.