Different Reading List Filtering

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by ciarannihill, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciarannihill

ciarannihill Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I've set up multiple reading lists for the main site, is it possible to change how new releases display on the front page based on which list the title is under?

I only seem to be able to change how titles display globally as opposed to, say, appearing in one color for currently up to date reading and another for a series I'm behind on (which I made as separate lists to kind of organize them).

2. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading list then go to global settings
    Edit nvm saw wrong

3. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    why would you make separate list for series you are behind or up to date on? thats just counter productive... one new chapter release and then you have to move lists, make sure its accurate to the newest chapter and then move it back after reading it...

4. ciarannihill

Reading List:
    Link
    I just prefer it organized that way, but honestly part of it was also that I've been keeping track of series I'm thinking about picking up and also ones that I've dropped.

5. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or if you only read some stories once they've accumulated X number of chapters. The way NU tracks which chapter you've read to vs the current makes the lists very easy to use for this.

6. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    list.png
    Go to Reading list > Global Setting > put which list you want to show on Display Favourites

ciarannihill likes this.
  7. ciarannihill

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn't the exact thing I wanted, but it's more than enough! Thanks!

8. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    dropped or completed? or do you just shove them together in the same place? I noticed everything in your dropped list is updated to the latest chapter, even for ongoing series, so does this mean you actively update them despite not reading them or that you have actually read to that chapter?

just my personal opinion, but if I think about picking up a series, I add it to "reading" and leave it untouched on the initial chapter. this is already enough to tell me I haven't started it yet. I have a list for series I dropped and a list for the series I followed that have reached the end and I have fully read. I also started adding lists for stories with a specific theme for when I feel like reading them. When I drop a series I stop updating the marker so that when I look back I know at which point of the story I had decided enough was enough. all of these are decisions I find logical to me and while not perfectly efficient it keeps things organized. but your lists just look really confusing to navigate.

if you want a colour difference on the feed updates you can do so globally based on where you have marked upto, posts older than your mark show in 1 colour, the marked entry in its own colour and new releases since your mark in yet another colour. you can give different lists an Icon that can be displayed in the main list so you know which list that story is on, and you can choose lists to activate in that special releases box to filter them out of the general list with all the random mumbo jumbo. but there isn't a 3-tiered system of colours based on list and status on a per list per story basis.

9. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    you can use icons to differentiate reading list
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/1274051/

10. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    lol @runsing

Thread Status: