Do bad reviews get deleted on NUF?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Spiritsong, Feb 21, 2017.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading the comment right above you? Or the rest of the thread for that matter...

2. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I did but I said what I wanted to. The translation quality might not increase or perhaps some would drop it at start so reviewing translation is fine.

And I think you should read my post properly. Quality of novel might also increase (or decrease) later on in novel so then we shouldn't review it all unless we have read fully?

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    You said you didn't understand why it wasn't allowed when it was already answered on this very thread, made me think you haven't read it. *shrugs*

4. captain crunch

captain crunch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use this for the beginning of my reviews:

Rating: 3.5 stars, Translation: 4/5
    (My reviews may sound negative, but I'm just listing reasons why I didn't give 5 stars.)
    [[5 star = almost all readers may enjoy. 4 star = large majority of readers may enjoy. 3 star = 50/50 of readers may enjoy. 2 star = a niche audience may enjoy. 1 star = maybe portion of niche audience may enjoy.]]
    [[5/5 = Infrequent minor errors. 4/5 = Frequent minor errors or infrequent major errors, no difficulty to read. 3/5 = Frequent major errors, some difficulty to read. 2/5 = Difficult to read. 1/5 = Unreadable.]]​

So I give separate reviews for the story and the translation. I also tried to make my own scale, hoping to keep my rating method consistent. If the translation score is 3 or lower, I usually give a short explanation. I find most translations to be around 4/5. When it's 3 or lower, it's usually temporary, until a new translator or editor arrives.

Also, I'm not sure how other people decide on the ratings. I kind of feel bad when I give a lower vote than the series' current average, even though I like the series. Seems like most people give an automatic 5/5 if they liked it.

5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    every review that is posted needs to be approved by Tony. Sometimes,he approve something in a hurry but comeback and check it,and if he is not satisfied,he may not approve it. EVERY review.

6. captain crunch

captain crunch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, one guy checks every review? I kind of feel bad that I write long reviews, and sometimes I write some halfway through a series, then update them at the end.

7. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    there's no one that read every review, that's why reporting a review exists, to report it.....

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Tony, the site's owner, reads every review and checks if they are acceptable or not before they are readable by the other users.

9. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    ah didn't know that, but i guess he only reads it generally, because some bad reviews still exist, bad = misguiding review

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the sheer amount of reviews, I'd say he skim through them and remove only the ones that are clearly stupid and/or trollish.

You'd have to ask him yourself to make sure though.

11. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, that's basically what i originally meant....