Doctor Strange

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by I Eat Monsanto, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    yes but in the marvel universe spidey was the only one who couldn't do shit bout it desu~
    strange got magic for losing his hands desu~
    tony got cool ass armorm for losing his pride desu~
    thor ........ glorious hair desu~
    winter soldier lost an arm desu....
    and cap got iced desu yo!
    black pantha lost his dad desu~
    but is usually avoidable in the other verses desu~

2. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't follow the comics to the boot .That's why it feels like that.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  3. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole MCU is actually getting tiring. It functions with a certain formula that is getting too repetitive. Guardians of the Galaxy is a bit fresh thank goodness.

Not to say I won't watch the rest. Watching MCU is like starting out a new arc in comics and pushing to finish even though it could get tiring. That's my take on it.

But, I'm still excited for the Netflix stuff. Oh, I also can't wait for Runaways and Cloak and Dagger.

4. SublimeWay

SublimeWay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth Dimension has always been my favorite Marvel character. Strange has a lot in common with Stark with the whole "I'm a selfish arrogant SoB before a crisis changes me into something more." I enjoyed the movie but I was disappointed that classic Dr. Strange spells like Flames of the Faltine or Crimson Bands of Cytorrak didn't appear at all in the movie... well at least there's the Eye of Aggomotto... although I don't remember it being an Infinity Gem in 616.

5. GreenCaps

GreenCaps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    movie was good but....
    Disappointed by the lack of magic.
    Sorcerer supreme! done in by a blade? I mean wasn't she supreme?
    and why the hell are they meelee'ing it out?
    why no projectiles and shet?
    why is the master weaker than her disciple yet they are both connected to the dark side?
    so many questions

6. zman

zman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    doctor strange's character is over 50 years old.How the hell is all this cliche if this was written in the comic books such a long time ago.

chencking likes this.
  7. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    im just happy i didnt pay money

8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say for all Marvel movies, but the ones I saw did. Until Deadpool, Captain America: Civil War and maybe Fantastic Four or Thor (I'm not sure if they are marvel movies) I never even heard of Marvel. There were references such as character names or past events that I couldn't understand, but I could easily take it in stride. If the movies don't stand by themselves, it's not because they are part of some overarching series. It's because of the much simpler explanation that the director screwed up and produced a poor film.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser [Roll Immortal] [Non-German Kaiser]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like the plot for most Japanese Isekai story's.

10. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe. But it was adapted just recently and I was talking about the movie, not the comics.

11. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    *move to movie discussion...*

...and as the title states, as expected of the title. Strange...

12. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

13. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I've got a question for all the Marvel fanboys and fangirls out there. I am currently re-watching this movie right now. And while he's driving just before the accident, his assistant calls and is discussing possible cases with him. Some are fairly obvious, such as the guy testing armor out is likely the pilot of the HAMMMER tech suit. But the young woman with the cybernetic implant to control schizophrenia who was struck by lightning, who is she in the Marvel Universe? I ask because they have made an effort to make every reference in the Marvel Cinematic Universe relevant to the Marvel Universe if not the MCU itself. But since I'm only a dabbler in Marvel, I don't recognize the reference and was hoping someone else could enlighten me.

14. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking forward to Runaways, but to be honest, I'm still kind of pissed when that comic went on "hiatus" purportedly only for a few months and years later, they've made one or maybe it was two comic appearances and no other word on them. That was one of the few comics I actually followed because it was more or less standalone.

15. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite liked the movie. Yeah, the master/disciple plot is old, so they didn't invented the wheel and all that, but origin movies are usually like that. The first Captain America was like that, same with the first Thor and most Marvel origin movies. Is just how it works, they establish the lore of the character on the first movie then move on based on that for the next movies.

Now, seeing Doctor Strange and Thor together made me wish for a R18 movie adapting the old Thor: Vikings mini-series. Do anyone read that one?

16. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean! It really pissed me off especially since it was at the point where the story was just about to rev up and then nothing. A shame too. That was a good and strange ensemble they had.

17. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Maybe bloody mary? We know that movieland schizophrenia is "crazy with alternate personalities" There aren't too many female crazies in marvel that would match.

You're probably looking at a tele-something with mental issues. And mary is the only one off the top of my head.

18. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've asked the same question to a friend and he thinks it might be a reference to Miss Marvel. But nothing in it clicks with the original origin of Miss Marvel in the comics (an accident with a Kree machine that fused her DNA with the Kree one from Captain Marvel). I've heard that she may be Mary Typhoid/Blood Mary, who can be the villain for The Defender series from Netflix. She don't have the cyber implant or the lighting struck origin, but she does have schizophrenia, so that's one out of three at least.

19. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw the movie, liked it, looking forward to seeing the next one.