Discussion Does Law Of The Devil had the most appropriate response of a guy who reincarnated in another world?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Grim_Dawn, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Grim_Dawn

Grim_Dawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in all the novels I have read here about transported or being reincarnated in another world, Du wei had the most understandable and humane response to his situation in my opinion. He was angry at the world, missed his family back, refused to accept the new situation and was super pissed off about it. This is what a guy would do who had 20-25 years of life erased just like that, all his hard work went to vain, all his relationships and friends just vanished.

But then I read other novels and see the guy just wake up and is like, "Oh I reincarnated, I got the memory of the old guy, fuck I will be the strongest, I will take revenge etc." They just give up on everyone who was in their previous world and was like happy go lucky in a minute. No remorse just nothing at all. Like a machine who had his previous program erased and new installed. What do you guys think?

2. Loriel

Loriel [Aspiring Editor][Lover of BL][Pinata Smasher]

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on how much attachment you had to your former world in my opinion

3. Grim_Dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Still, you won't just forget the world in 5 seconds if you had lived in it for like 20-25 years.

4. FonFon123

FonFon123 If you're reading this,, then you're reading this.

Reading List:
    Link
    Du Wei for me is like that 14 year old kid who can't move on from a break up...

5. Grim_Dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    So if a close relative of yours die, you would end up forgetting them in 2 minutes right?

6. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends if you give a shit or do not give a shit about your life, Du Wei liked his life, I myself wouldn't give a shit aside from small thought of my mother, and your friends can't vanish if you don't have one, same with 20 years of miserable experience/existence..

Gitami likes this.
  7. Grim_Dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're a NEET I assume, or if your life is so shit, why not try to improve it?

8. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering he was a national talent with the zither he probably had a good life and is probably not a virgin so that explains why he can cull his urges. But he is a reasonable reincarnate the only other acceptable reincarnate is the Mc from God of slaughter since it was showing his disdain for living

9. Slowpok

Slowpok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Duo Wei is great, but I want him to be a little stronger than he is now.

10. Temairine

Temairine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with it being more realistic to have him reject the new world.

BUT

It only makes it ridiculous when he is complaining about the lack of financial support later on. I mean he had everyone think he was an idiot and is surprised when they don't grant him large amounts of funds to become powerful?!

Given that, I prefer the adaptable, be the strongest attitude simply because it does not jar so much with the later plot.

11. H0RR1BL3CPU

H0RR1BL3CPU [Hotline to Shiroyukineko] [白酒鬼]

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe not 2 minutes but 3 days I guess. Unless of course I actually I dunno loved that relative? My emotions are quite lacking tbh

DeathStroke96 and xalienxgamerx like this.
  12. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dancing's novels are always best.

13. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just Lesser God who keeps to himself.

14. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no right answer to this question. It completely depends on the person reincarnating, his longing for the previous world, his mental fortitude, his ability to adapt, etc

Coming to 'Law of the Devil', the author has certainly tried to take a realistic approach on reincarnation, but then again not every human being will react the exact same way.

15. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually liked the reincarnation/transmigration in Joy of Life - in his previous life he had a disease where he spent dozens of years unable to more or talk and after he reincarnated/transmigrated he also was very lonely and didn't want to forget his old world so he was doing things that could make him remember that world, but he was also thankful because he received a second chance at life where he could actually move his body - so he became very hyperactive.

16. X18999

X18999 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand not caring about his new family but acting like a idiot for years is ridiculous.

17. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, I have not read said work.

I do however believe it would be very appropriate answer for someone who was happy with his life before being reincarnated elsewhere. You can't erase a whole life and ignore who you used to be normally. If you get send somewhere with a similar age you used to have it should still feel very weird. Maybe I'll try to read Law of the Devil because of your post since it seems like something interesting as an approach.

18. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's not as if many reincarnated MC had former life with awesome job, girlfriend, family, social life. I mean they are very often loner, gamer, neet, etc. So yeah, I imagine that a MC that was happy prior to reincarnation would indeed be pissed off about losing it all. Unless said MC perceives situation as a second chance following a death or a mistake.