Spoiler Does Martial World have NTR? (Mega-thread)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alverost, Feb 15, 2016.

1. carapeto

carapeto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think that's really the point, isn't it?
    I'd say that most people who read it (until current chapter) will say that there is no NTR and that nothing fucked up happens...

I'd find a pretty safe read!

2. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, if you use the crappy standard for Netorare everyone seems to, then if you look at Coiling Dragon from Alice's bf's point of view, Linley is the one causing the netorare. The bf is wooing Alice, they are childhood friends, he takes her on a monster hunting trip to power her up, and in swoops Linley to steal her away. Personally I think that's not netorare, but so many people seem to define it that way.

DarkArts, carapeto and Arua like this.
  3. vanishchocolate

vanishchocolate ghost that steals your chocolate~BEWARE!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn boy lol almost made me stop reading

4. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's from SYWZ, that's couldn't even be considered NTR, there's no way the MC of SYWZ would consider another girl apart from the female lead something else than a friend.
    And a "friend" (girl or not) betraying a MC isn't NTR just because they have opposite sexe. :D

5. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    It does matter in some cases. There's a vast difference between NTR and other 'fucked up shit' because if it isn't really then it might mean the novel didn't reach the person's bottom line(i.e. even if there's something 'fucked up', as long as it's not that, it might still be fine/bearable to some extent.), but, of course, that's only when the person him/herself knows what NTR is...

6. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no word for "not NTR but its close" so people use the term NTR for everything that has
    to do with jealousy, betraying etc.
    So constantly saying that something is not NTR doesn't help. My opinion

7. carapeto

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah so true! In most Tang Jia San Shao NTR can only happen on some side character... In SYWZ/DD/CoL Both MC and MC's GF are truly dedicated to the other guy!

8. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    What's SYWZ got to do with anything in this subject? The other person said it was Sheng Wang, which is completely different from SYWZ...

9. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people who said it couldn't be considered explained why they thought so. Consequently, if there's an explanation to the statement, it helps. My opinion.

10. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    @Smooth Che copy/pasted some kind of spoiler explaining a NTR tag, which happened to be a spoiler of SYWZ instead of MW. I commented on that, saying that there's no way you could even remotely believe something like NTR could happen to the MC of SYWZ when the "betrayer" isn't the main female lead (the main female lead is all yandere on the MC, she wouldn't betray the MC).
    My point was to say that a female acquaintance betraying the goodwill of a male MC doesn't make it NTR (which is what was described in Che's spoiler).
    Which brings me back to this thread, because that is actually what I also think about Martial World's first chapter: they were childhood friends, nothing more, emphasize on friends, so I can't even consider that NTR either.
    That's what SYWZ had to do in this subject. It became an example. :)

11. carapeto

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but I think you are wrong! (Ofc you are entitled to your own oppinion) But NTR is a well defined subplot!

And if the MC (Who is the one that matters) is not chasing after the girl or even jealous or motivated by revenge you can't call it NTR.
    Just because some girl is a golddigger and choose the rich man at chapter 1, you can't call it NTR! MC is totally focused on his martial way!

12. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not what I mean. Some other person made it clear that the spoiler is actually from Sheng Wang. You're the first to mention about SYWZ. It's obvious such a thing will not happen in SYWZ so I was thinking you probably mistook the two...

13. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh it was SW... Huh, my bad then, I misread indeed.

Well, my point didn't change, I don't consider whatever happened in MW's first chapter to be NTR. :D

Thanks for the highlight.