Picked Up Doulou Dalu 3

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by null, Jan 15, 2016.

1. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Title : 斗罗大陆3龙王传说 (Duolou Dalu 3 - Legend of Dragon King)
    Raw : http://www.douluo123.com/3719/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up : This is TJSS latest work , all of his work are popular in novel update ranking. I bet you guys will kill each other to take this new series. j/k :p

ATM still 5 chapter.

2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    But.. We still don't even have DD finished, not to mention DD2.. <.<

Linley, NeaxD, Nyanko and 7 others like this.
  3. yunre

yunre Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

4. Slyin

Slyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why it shouldnt get picked up : it is barelly begining, the releases will be slow and people might get suicidal. Lets work on finishing the first at least and dont disperse the ressources !

5. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope someone will pick it up eventually, but for the moment I'm more interested in finishing DD. I haven't even read any of DD2 yet.

6. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    DD3 XD cmon, didn't it get worn out?

7. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading the Manhua of DD2 more than the Translations fo the LN. On the other hand, I'm also ahead in DD2 MTL raws... Yea, my priorities are screwy...

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Nameless Wanderer 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol DD1 isn't even finished yet and you want DD3...

9. ioriangel

ioriangel 『Terrible Kitsune Oneesan』『Stabber』

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's finish the first one first

10. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously need to finish the first one first..

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why bother? DD and DD2 isn't gonna be completely translated for years. In that amount of time, DD3 will have built up a big stock of chapters. Wait till DD3 have over 300 chapters or more. That way, the translators aren't limited to the speed of the raw release.

12. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of agree with this but imagine if it somehow happened that when DD finished DD2 was already completely translated and DD3 was completely caught up. I know it's not going to happen, but it still makes me drool a little bit thinking about ti.

13. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it's a good thing if any decent translator will pick up it. So what if there are only few chapters? Conversely it might be convenient for some translators to translate it in such pace. Those who want to finish DD 1 firstly at least might just don't read it and when the time comes just catch up.

14. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, from someone who read both DD and DD2, they were both enjoyable. But the system that the author set in DD seemed to be redefined in DD2. The author also added a ton of other elements and stuff but, to me, it just took away from what DD was. If the author labeled DD2 as a spinoff or another series then it's great. But as a continuation or sequel, it just feels off. Like, DD was a success so time to leech off its name.

Anyways if you look at DD and DD2, you can really take DD2 as a standalone. It makes references to DD but it's not like you must read DD to understand DD2. DD3 is a side story of the god realm or something. So, I don't believe you actually need to know DD or DD2 to read DD3, at least from what I can derive from the title. There should be references and stuff, but if DD3 is anything like DD2, you can actually start translating after a hundred or so chapters have been released.

15. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    That's kinda pointless as it doesn't look like it would be a trilogy or something like that. From what others said so far, the other 2 don't have much to do with the first series which doesn't really make me look forward to them at all. I think DD is the only one I'll read of the 3. I would understand your opinion if DD2 was a continuation of DD and DD3, a continuation of DD2 with the same characters(at least the main group) etc. but this way it doesn't quite make sense. It's just that they are different works by the same author but if that's what makes you happy then there are other works by TJSS out there just that their names are different.

16. Bagelson

Bagelson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rough translation of the summary:

It says it's "ten thousand years later", I assume it's 10k after DD2.

17. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    ... @Slimikyi said that DD2 is good and what put it lower in his eyes was that it was named a sequel. But for me that probably won't be an issue. The fact the DD doesn't live and die with Tang San will probably make the world seem even more vibrant for me. It's like Batman, I think they should have left Bruce Wayne dead and let Dick Grayson keep the mantle. Instead they brought Bruce back. This perpetual need to make characters immortal kills the worlds they inhabit because time needs to stop more often than not.

18. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    What bugged me the most was redefining the world. I read DD and then read DD2 right after, but their system didn't connect. I was often like "what?! Why is it like this or that?" Soon, I just gave up and accepted as is.

It's like how Pokemon X and Y redefined Pokemon Red and Blue. Wahhhh? Where were those megastones back in the day? Why did none of these Pokemon appear in Kanto? They can fly, can they not? Or how the legendary Pokemon can bend the world or something but only in movies. It's not a big issue. And someone will give a "suitable" explanation and tell me it connects.

I like it with Tang Sang dead and stay dead as in, stop trying to milk money out of good work. As much as I like certain works and want more of it, sometimes, it's just better if it ended.

19. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Hmmm. Well I can't really try and connect their systems until I read DD2 and I won't do that till I'm done reading DD so I can't help you there.

20. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries. Someone tried to explain it back in bluesilver forums. I just ignored it. I'm not looking for an explanation but I'm just saying that is the feeling I got and some of you might feel that as you read it.

I'm just making two points from my experience. First is, you can skip DD2 and DD3 if you liked DD because of Tang San and looking for similar plot. Second is, you can skip to DD2 or DD3 and read them if you don't mind references and a few spoilers.