Novel Downloaded

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Zoci, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys... amateur writer with bad grammar here... This is a story that I write to satisfy my own brain.

Read and comment...

Genre: Scifi, Fantasy, Game, Romance? Comedy? (maybe)

Table of Contents
    Chapter 1 - Survival Mode
    Chapter 2 - Revelation
    Chapter 3 - Martial Arts
    Chapter 4 - Goblin's Den
    Chapter 5 - The Village

Short Prelude:
    "Heh, I win! I win!... take that!"

A young boy celebrating his victory, but he suddenly falls face down to the ground, breathing hard. Around him lies bodies of goblins and humans, the corpses of his enemies and his friends.

"But for what?... my friends, my sworn brothers and even Jaina..."

There is a deep wound carved onto his body, blood continuously flow even when he try to close it with his hands. His view becomes blur, he can feel his very existent is fading away.

- Do you want to live? -

A sudden computerize woman like voice rang out, when he look at the source of it, he can only see a dim light.

Is it an angel, god or is it a demon? no... it does not matter anymore...

"Yes!" with weak voice that he replied, he does not even know where he got the strength to say it or even why...

- Affirmative, but be warned Soul Memory Matrix assimilation will rend your current personality and replace it with another -

"Heh, what more could I lose.." he weakly said that with the last of his consciousness before strong exhales what should be his last breath.

The strong breath cause the dirt in front of his face to blow over. The dim light move quickly and embedded itself behind his neck, the body jolted is response before quiet down.

[Acknowledged... Soul Memory Matrix transfer begin]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    KUROz, druiseeker, xD_User and 2 others like this.
  2. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 - Survival Mode
    Do you love challenges? I sure does loves them...

Currently I am at the Solo Legendary mode, a mode rarely played by others. Even at this highest level difficulty it felt... easy after a certain level. This virtual world have much more potential than only this.

Even though I can't really point it where, but I can feel it in my guts that this VR world feels real more than it should really have. The world intricate design is fascinating and unlike other games in general it does not have that disconnected feeling.

This what makes it really popular, almost a billion people connected to this Virtual Reality game every day. Final World... the virtual world that mesmerized many with it realistic graphic and mechanics design.

The final strike using my favourite great sword easily cuts the gigantic 6 armed Demon King into two.

[Labyrinth boss killed, Level up!]

It doesn't feel exciting anymore... I understand the concept of toning down the difficulty to appease wider player pool. The game company need to make money to survive and more players translate into more money.

I understand this because I work just to support my gaming life. I am not like those pro gamers who able to support their life with pro gaming. I love adventure and hardship, some times I even hope that God would transfer me to another world just like this.

[Achievement for 'Penniless Champion' awarded]

I understand that I don't spent a dime on this game other than the minimum monthly fees, but please don't make it an achievement!

Anyway I prefer defeating this game without buying to win, it felt better that way. The satisfaction feeling when you beat this world without pouring cash into it, that feeling is an exclusive privilege of poor working class like me.

[All requirement meet, would you like to upgrade to survival mode difficulty? y/n]

Hmm? Is this the myth survival difficulty that has been floating around the net lately? It looks like my dream might have come true.

"Yes please."

[Warning, all item and skill will be reset, starting skill/item will be random, starting location will random and Death is permanent]

[Do you want to proceed? y/n]

What? Is this true? Now this is what I call a survival difficulty.

"Yes, pretty please."

[Acknowledged, begin scanning and uploading procedure...]

Wait what... uploading?

---

[Download and Memory Matrix Integration complete, severe laceration detected, begin emergency support procedure]

[Emergency regeneration treatment completed, low energy, switching to standby mode]

That's the first thing I hear in my head before I opened my eyes. Strange enough it is not the usual system announce that is in the game. The voice is sounds deep, almost like a whisper inside my head.

I also hear something dangerous, severe wound at starting the game? what kind of sadistic setting is that?

When I closed and open my eyes again, I can see dim almost dark surrounding, my left hand can feel the sandy like soil. Moving my right I touched something solid and cold.

When I trying to grasp it, my hands snaps back after feeling the cold metal. This virtual world settings is much more real than the last one.

"Where am I?" my voice unintentionally leaked out.

[Arid Dungeon level 1]

My starting point is a dungeon? Ok maybe it is time to get up, I don't want to die seconds after starting survival mode.

"Oww!!"

I feel searing pain at my hips, so the wound was barely healed. Looking down, I can see a deep scar at my stomach, it looks like Regenerate spell was done to it.

The pain is real, gritting my teeth I push myself to nearby wall and leans toward it. This is new, usually the scar will be removed after a few seconds, and the pain will be greatly reduce too.

[Information relay detected]

{Pain Resist acquired}

Info relay? another game system? And the first skill I get is Pain Resist? The pain does resided a little so I guess it is true.

(I wonder what random setting for stats and skill I get for this mode?)

[Accessing secondary Memory Matrix - translating data...]
    [Level 0]
    [Name, Haku Race, Human Age, 16]
    [Strength, 4 Agility, 3 Intelligence, 5]
    [Swordplay, Level 1]
    [Pain Resist, Level 1]

Wait! wait! what? no menu? the information comes one by one, Luckily there is not much info shown. I can sort of remember it all.

The game system still able to read my thought speech, but now it feel weird somehow. This is the optional way on how the game IO system recognize commands, the highly advanced AI able to react to this easily.

Well the stats is decent I guess. Other than starting in a dungeon at the last line of life, it is a scary yet refreshing start.

(Then let's get started with, inventory please...)

[Unknown Command]

Is this also another difficulty setting? Well let do it the traditional way.

Let see... near my hand I have an Iron sword? I am wearing a torn leather armor, cloth under it, pants and boots. I somehow feel relieved wearing pants, I used to have nightmares fighting in a dungeon without pants. Scary and cold...

Looking around I can see a few dead bodies of adventurers and goblins. One of the closer goblin corpse looks a bit different, is that a goblin warrior? I feel like a survivor of a deadly noobies battle.

After a while the dead bodies starts to melt and absorbed into the soil, is it the dungeon absorbing the dead bodies, same as before. I can see not all item is absorbed, a random few is left behind.

I grabbed the Iron sword, I can feel the weight of it and noticed the edge looks rusted but still sharp enough.

Suddenly I heard a loud grunt from behind me and when I turn my head around I can see from the shadows a goblin came rushing to me with a spear. Bearing the pain, I make a quick side roll barely avoiding the spear tip.

A sharp sound vibrated when the spear meets the stony dungeon wall. I can feel cold sweat going down my face when I realized that I almost died, right there.

My sweet survival mode almost flown away...

---

Haku quickly take a basic fighting stance with the sword, focusing to receive next attack. The goblin has been waiting for the right moment to attack from within the shadows. It launch an attack when Haku turn his back to him.

The shadow is strong in this one. Thought Haku remembering a similar certain popular movie quote.

Suddenly the goblin swiftly throws its spear, Haku dunk down instinctively and the spear flies over his head. When he turn to face the goblin again, the goblin is already in the air after it leaps toward Haku.

Haku notice see a shining sharp end of the dagger falling down toward his head. His instincts tells him that he won't be able to dodge this attack.

His body suddenly reacted on it's own, his arm swing the sword sideway and with the last strength he follow up by doing a quick body spin. The aim is for the sword reach the goblin first before the dagger stabs him.

The sound of metal tearing through meat and bones can be clearly heard. The gruesome sound usually send chills to the listener's body.

The sword's blade cut through the goblin body, the momentum from the fall and his body spin makes the cut felt smooth.

The goblin's guts and blood flowed out together and suddenly an awful smell ferments the air. Haku quickly take a look around, making sure no more goblin sneaking around while covering his nose with his arm.

Now he even can smell all the stink of this world.

When he is sure there is no more enemy, he finally exhales his remaining breath.

---

{Level up!}
    {Blessed! +1 HP regen for 30 sec}

That starting point is intense...

I loose my grip of the sword while checking the items that is scattered around. I can see some empty bottles, coin sacks and random pieces of armor lying on the dungeon floor.

Taking and checking one of the strap bag, there is some kind or bread wrapped in some sort of leaf. I quietly put in any item that is small enough to fit into the bag and grab the goblin's steel dagger.

After securing both weapon, I move silently toward a dark corner. I put my back onto the wall and sit with my leg bent. My wound still can feel some pain, but it is a lot better now.

I think I should hide here for now, survival mode is sure is hard, I am really lucky back then. Let us rest until our stamina fill back.

I noticed many different setting matching the survival mode. The most noticeable change is no more instant life gain from leveling up, you only receive minor blessing status.

Another one that I noticed that I can't tell if my HP fill back quickly while resting. I can only tell that my Mana and Stamina is returning slowly... at small rate. There is no more HP or MP bars, no inventory, stats menu or even map.

I wrap the sword with a piece of cloth and ties it to my back, it will act as pseudo back shield. I carefully hung the dagger at my belt in a way so it won't poke my feet when moving of fighting.

It is not that I plan to fight while injured... just in case if I have to fight, again.

While resting, I keep my attention to any sound inside the cave. In this dark cave you can't just rely on your sight alone. Sound is amplified within the cave walls and that is the first sign to know if there is anyone around.

The bread like food taste bland and hard, I bite a few before throw it away. I keep the coins well tied inside a cloth bundle, so it won't make a sound. It looks like I don't need the bag either, anyway I always preferred to travel light.

It feels like my energy is back and it looks like all is quiet, lets carefully move out. I'm stopped by the system announcement.

[Energy reached optimum level]

[Diagnostic complete, AIDA is now running at 80% efficiency]

[Greetings player, I am called AIDA tasked to assist the survival mode players]

(AI assistant? What do you mean to assist survival mode player?)

[I am to give any assistant or advise to players who able to stay alive after choosing survival mode]

"Eh? w.. Alive!?"

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    KUROz, xD_User and Nazgand like this.
  3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be nice if you include a summary in your first post to give a basic idea of how the story will be.

4. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 - Revelation
    (What do you mean alive? aren't in the VR game?)

[Perhaps this audio recording from the professor will help you understand better, playing recorded audio]

---

[Ehhhmmm, ehmm, testing 123, is this thing recording?]

(yes, master)

[Greetings player, if you are hearing this that means the Soul Memory Matrix synthesizes successful and you able to survive primary situations... As you may have suspect(or not) this is NOT a game. Its is the real fantasy world exist in parallel dimension which the VR game based on, your soul memory matrix are mapped, downloaded and merged with compatible mind over here]

---
    ---

(the objective Master)

[Oh, yes, yes, your primary objective is to search for (suspected) summoned person which is missing from our world, details is recorded by AIDA. All other instruction is stored in her to, that is it, good bye]
    ---
    [Audio record end.]

Eh? Ehhhh??? My mind became blank for a moment, I really can't believe this. So this is a real fantasy world? I grab the soil again and let the black sand like soil slip between my hands, it does felt real...

I realise that is actually quite scary and cool at the same time. I never thought my wildest imagination became true and my assumption that the VR game is based on a real world is true.

(So how this happen? how am I here AIDA?)

[At first your soul memory matrix is mapped and suitable host is search and tagged. Later your soul memory is directly download and the host memory is rearranged and compressed as secondary.]

(Did I just hijacked into a human body in this world?)

[In your case, the host is properly offered salvation on his brink of death with the cost of his own self aware.]

(And... how are you speaking to me?)

[This module is implanted close to the brain and a synaptic link is establish for communication and information transfer purposes]

Now I get it, I think. Maybe I should freak out now?... just kidding. This is like a dream come true, I am finally here! in the other world! Banzai!!

But for now lets get the hell out from this scary dungeon.

I can sort of remember which way I came down this dungeon. It is weird thing that I recall it, because it is clearly not my own memory. I think this is Haku's memory that is linked to mine, it became weird when you think deeply about it.

I won't start to question who 'I' really am, that stuff is needlessly confusing, a whole new world waiting for me outside.

While moving carefully in the dark, I take every step as if it is my last. I silently moves in the shadows using my instinct towards exit point. I managed to avoid a goblin patrol on the way back, avoiding any kind of unneeded fight.

No, I am not a coward you know. I only got one shot at this survival mode, or should I say in this second life in a other world.

Risking it, is not a smart choice before I can reach a safe place to sort my thoughts. I wonder what kind of person enter this dangerous dungeon with almost no skill at all. If it was me, at least I will try to get the weapon skills up a few level.

---

After a long while, Haku can finally see a dim light at the end of the tunnel. He carefully move forward until he finally reach the dungeon exit.

When Haku can see guards standing ready around the dungeon exit, he felt relief and then he drags his tired feet toward outside. Haku notice that it is already night time with a bright silver and red moon in the sky.

That is same 2 moons...

His thought wonders around while walking back to a nearby camp, it's an emergency camp prepared by the guild. Haku is planing to take refuge there while he still have the energy to move.

In this camp there is on duty healer who work for the guild. Haku's physical body fatigue reach its limit when he see the guild healer. He suddenly lost his consciousness while his body drop flat on the ground.

---

OWwww!

Haku wake up with shocking pain, in order to wake up him, Aida had send a low voltage signal to lightly shock him.

(Ouch, did you just shock me Aida?)

[I already called for 342 times, this is my next procedure to mildly shock you. Your digestive system is sending warning signals.]

(This is what you called mild?)

But she is right, my stomach is grumbling like crazy now.

"Oh? brat you finally wake up?"

"Yeah..."

"I am the guild healer. You feeling alright? You suddenly pass out last night. The receptionist told me your party member cards all turned grey. I am sorry brat, it is really unfortunate but the guild still need your report."

"I am fine, I think. I'll go there after I fill my stomach."

I pick myself up and head toward the nearest diner, from last night fight I collected some silvers and coppers. It should be enough to fill my empty stomach.

I remembered that, guild members have a metal tag like the army in the old world, it magically paired with a card.

Those cards are keep in the guild and when the cards turns grey it means the tag holder is dead. That is the way for the guild to keep track all of its members.

My tag is currently hagging on my neck, it looks exactly like in the movies. This tag is imprinted by the owner blood or mana which activates it.

After a while walking, I can see the diner is up a head, in this small town there is only a few places to eat. This diner is Haku's favourite and the closest one to the guild.

I take a seat nearest to the kitchen, I like the smell of food being prepared. Yana, the rather cute waitress from Haku's memory noticed me.

"Hi again... Haku is it? so what is your order? your friends eating here too?"

"I just take today's special please, I am alone today."

"Okay! today's special coming right up!"

I am a bit surprised when she remembers my name, but then again, it is normal to remember your customer. It makes the customer feel at ease and that will increase the chances of them returning to your shop.

It feel weird not to feel anything when 'my' childhood friends all died in the dungeon. Maybe they are not my 'real' childhood friends, but there is a tinge of pain inside when reminded of them.

'We' came here from our village all pumped up to make our first footing hold in this world.

This is the reality here, there is no certainty or safety like the old world. At anytime you could be attacked by monsters, even this town have a history of monster overrun incident. But for now it safe enough here.

"Here, eat up..." Yana put down the food on the table skillfully.

"Thank you, Yana."

The food is delicious, even the simple soup eat with noodles make me felt better. I asked Yana for a second serving but she looks sad when she arrive with the second bowl.

"This one on the house, your friends Haku, I am sorry. Mother just told me."

"It is okay..."

Maybe because the guild is nearby or this inn close relation with the guild, thus the news already reached here. The guild did recommended this inn for a place to sleep and eat. I pay for the meal and went to report to the guild receptionist.

It a simple story of a rookie mistake been over confident after a few fights. We end up being ambush and surrounded by goblins leaded by a warrior type. Goblins are weak but that does not mean they are stupid, they baited us and we took it.

Liza is keeping a professional smile but I can see she a bit disturbed losing 4 rookies in one night. She is the one who registered us, all that reminds me that I need to be stronger to survive.

I remembered a desolated, quiet and safe place where I can try to cast a spell.

Haku have never learned any spell because a spell book cost is to high for a farm boy rookie like him. Magic is a privilege for the rich and nobles of this world, a outback farm boy like Haku can't even dream of it.

I at least could clear the dungeon for the dead friends.

This should be the place, if the magic law the VR game is based on this world, I should able to cast a simple spells. In the game, normally you need to buy a magic book or pay for a tutor to teach you, but those knowledge is already inside my head.

(Aida do you have a function to scan for magic affinity?)

[Yes, please wait a moment...]

[Scanning complete, the result shows this host have a good affinity to Earth element]

Single element should be a norm for humans, last time I noticed Haku's above average intelligence stat showing a chance of good elemental affinity. Magic or Elemental Affinity designate how well or easy a person to be able to control mana and how high is the spell basic damage.

This is wrote in the lore of magic history of this world. I often read it just to get the emergence feeling while playing the game, I also often discuss the possibilities if this world is real in the online groups.

For the first earth element spell, a Stone Fist should be easy enough to cast. From my experience a good image and a simple aria is enough for simple spells. A more complete mind image increase the rate of successful spell cast, so does other details.

First gather mana in my hand, turn it into a stone while forming a fist. Select a target and pour some more mana and say the aria to shoot it.

"Stone Fist!"

The fist shaped stone I created shoots toward the targeted rock. The collision cause the big rock to break apart and destroyed in the process. It is quite powerful just like I remembered.

{Earth Magic skill acquired}
    {Stone Fist recorded}

(So what is this new information flooded into my mind is called?)

[This information is what the locals called Divine Revelation]

I can feel a third of my mana is used in the spell casting, that means I can only cast it 3 times. That means it is not really useful in long fights, I need something more efficient.

(How about I use a normal stone and shoot it with a spell?)

[Real world data is needed for effectiveness probability calculation... ]

I should compact the rock first. Picking up a good sized rock using my hand and then with magic manipulation, I try to compact it.

I picture to achieve a marble like shape that I used to play with when I am still a brat. It took quite a time and a lot of concentration before I finally able to properly form the compacted rock marble.

{Magic Craft skill acquired}

Oh? as expected, an another skill learned, with this skill making more marbles should be easier. I make some more stone marbles to add into my collection. Now for the shooting spell.

I float one of the marbles and then I select a target for the marble. I imagine the marble to shoot while spinning toward the target similar to guns shoot its bullets.

"Shoot!"

The marble shoot like a bullet guided by the spell and hit a tree I targeted. A hole is created from the centrifugal force and the stone marble even penetrate the ground behind it.

{Arcane Magic acquired}
    {Shoot recorded}

Ho ho ho, now it is Arcane Magic turn to show up.

The best part is I can feel only a little bit of mana is used. This confirm my theory that most mana is used on converting mana into stone essences.

Maybe it is similar to the string theory, mana particles reconfigured itself to mimic the elemental essences and transform itself into it. And with this kind of penetration power those goblins should be an easy prey.

---

{Gather recorded}

After finished shooting all the marbles, I create another spell, Gather, to pull back the stone marbles into my hand. My laziness does transfer to this world too.

After that I tested to shoot multiple marbles at one time and the mana increase is still not that much. Gather also doesn't cost much mana even when there is multiple marbles targeted.

That should be enough for now, it is already almost dark. Monsters is more active during night and in this frontier town Arid, there are a lot more danger of monster night ambush. I am still too weak to wander around at night.

(AIDA what is the detail information for the mission that the professor mentioned)

[Do want me to download it into your memory?]

(Eh! you can do that?)

[Memory transfer is already activate once during the memory merging...]

(I assume you have a database of information from the old world correct?)

[Confirmed, all data that deemed necessary is recorded in the database]

"Does that means... I can learn Kung Fu?..."

KUROz, xD_User and Nazgand like this.
  5. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prelude is the summary... I am lazy...

6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, alright. Thanks for telling me.

7. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    You should post it on royalroadl.com as an original novel...

druiseeker and sh1457 like this.
  8. Akshay007

Akshay007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :)I like it......:)

9. sh1457

sh1457 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is pretty good, definitely has a decent depth of world building...as you said there are improvements in grammar but I can understand each sentence without too much trouble.

10. Kouhaku

Kouhaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty good

11. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zoci I would appreciate if you posted up to chapter 5, which I assume you have written.

12. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    How should I say... it's like SAO in terms of it being you die once you die but there are some grammar mistakes. Okay, I guess?

13. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks all for the positive review... the other chapters is still under grammar and story editing, kay?

I am think to submit to royalroadl... thanks for the suggestion

Nazgand and Kysil like this.
  14. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 - Martial Arts
    [Searching... Martial Art related data is enormous in size, it is advised to learn while sleeping to increase data transfer efficiency]

"Yes!!!! lets go to the inn now!!!!"

I ran like never before to the inn, quickly rent a room and put myself to sleep. Normally as excited I am, no way I would able to go to sleep. AIDA easily induces me into sleep with her synaptic connection.

That night while sleeping, I learn various martial arts in my induced sleep's almost like a lucid dream. The huge transfer include ancient texts, demonstrations, insights and anything of relevant.

I open my eyes up next day like a new man and I can accurately imitate the moves in those downloaded data.

After a few moves however I start feel my body aching from the movements.

[Warning! reading shows without proper requirements the human body won't able to move or react based on downloaded data alone]

So I still need to train this body to adapt to it. I'll head to last night location again and train after a quick breakfast.

---

I concentrates on various training 'kata' stored in my mind and decided to dedicate that whole day for it. Surely enough with the help from the downloaded data, 'Haku's' already tough body smoothly start to adapt.

{Legendary grade skill manifested}
    {Martial Arts acquired}

Woah! Legendary grade? that is awesome, my hard work finally pays off! I rejoice my success today and continue training in ecstasy.

After a few more hours of practicing, I start to feel mana flowing through out my body following each movements.

I recollected that the ancient texts stated, a master practitioners able to mend their body to increase its efficiency. It uses the natural energy (or mana) to remove body fatigue and ultimately enhance the body overall ability.

I sit down in meditation form and manipulate mana around me to enter the body following the ancient texts guidance. I can feel the body fatigue is disappearing and my muscles start to be reformed, firmer, more flexible and a lot denser.

{Mystical grade skill manifested}
    {Body Tuning acquired}

(Mystical? I do not heard it wrong right? AIDA?)

[Yes, Mystical grade skill is registered to you skill list]

I am so happy, I don't know what to say anymore. Even pinching my face I do not wake up from this dream. I try so hard not to go crazy, need to calm down...

Two great skills in a row, this is close to cheating. After sometime of thinking about the skills I just got, I feel longed to stats and skill display. But then I remembered the guild identification orb which is used to check adventurer status.

(AIDA, the orb at the adventurer guild use illusion magic right? can we use that concept to recreate the stats and skill display?)

[Running simulation... connecting personal data link to illusion spell algorithm... yes simulation successful, transferring the detailed imaging sequence... download complete.]

Simple instructions and images flooded into my mind, I think this is it.

"Stats!"
    [STR: 25 AGI: 22 INT: 11]

-- Skill List --
    * Unique *
    Martial Arts - (level 1)
    Body Tuning - (stage 1)

* Passive *
    Pain Resist - (level 1)
    Swordplay - (level 1)
    Earth Magic - (level 1)
    Arcane Magic - (level 1)
    Magic Craft - (level 1)

* Active *
    Stone Fist
    Gather
    Shoot
    Stats

{Illusion spell acquired}
    {Stats recorded}

My stats shows sudden increases, is this because of the unique skills? that is awesome.

And the display is quite nice, of cause you cannot compare to current fancy game menu. But it is still feel nice to be able to check your progress. I wonder why no one ever thought about using this spell, it promote the feeling of growth.

I am feeling pumped to test these new skills.

---

Haku sold his long sword and arm himself with a dagger strapped on his chest. He is now wearing a simple leather armour with his leather boots. This is the typical rookie adventurer getup but he is currently beyond a normal rookie.

He enters the dungeon again when it is almost dark and this make him feels nostalgic. The guards however just watch this rookie entering the dungeon alone at night and just ignore him. They job is just to keep the monsters inside the dungeon, not guarding the adventurers.

Readying his dagger, Haku took a relaxed walking pace while keep his senses at full alert. Not long after that he stumble to a group of goblins, there is 3 of them.

Noticing Haku is alone the goblin smugged and charge at Haku.

---

It feels, different... I can see goblin A charge in like in a slow motion. I can almost tell his long spear's trajectory. Goblin B is notching his arrow while goblin C is follow just behind A with a club.

I shoot a marble to B's head while dodging the spear and then simultaneously stabs goblin A's head. Goblin C still do not realise what happen and swing the wooden club at me.

I time my side kick perfectly and goblin C is send flying back landing nearby goblin B. He notices the exploded head of goblin B and suddenly starts to run away in shock.

This is way too easy now, they are not even worth my effort. I finish the last goblin with a knife throw, it falls flat after the knife penetrate it's back.

I cast |Gather| to pull the marble and dropped coins back to me. I recollected that this Gather and Shoot is classified as an arcane magic, a magic with colorless essences. I will need 3 more spells if I am going to venture into the dungeon.

The first thing is |Light|, I picture an image of a floating electrical light bulb. Surely after a simple aria is said and the spell successfully casted. Now a bright light bulb floating just above my head. I can even move it around easily with only my thoughts.

{Light recorded}

Next is |Clean Up|, this spell is use to clean anything with magic. It is useful for remove grime, blood and anything else considered dirty. I cast the simple aria and target myself, I feel refreshed like just taken a nice bath. My clothing and equipment also cleaned from any stain.

{Clean Up recorded}

The last one however a bit tricky, but helps a lot in dungeon exploration. This spell is priceless for adventurers, a sensing type spell. There is a lot of ways of sensing your surrounding and the best way is using the wind element.

But sadly... that is not a choice for me, I have thought of this situation once before and arrived at a solution. Echolocation...

Let make it an advanced illusion base sensing spell using bat's echolocation concept but using mana as its medium. I imagine the mana to spread like a sonar do and anything that disturbs this rings of mana wave is recorded. This information then should displayed using illusion magic.

Now for the aria... "Sonar".

After a few seconds, suddenly the all the dungeon current floor structure and monsters locations enters my mind. The picture inside my mind is like a 3D wire map in games with red wire frame as monsters and grey for neutrals. It is very detailed and if I concentrate into more I can even sense mana and miasma traces.

{Sonar recorded}

Now the strategy should be exploring the floor with |Sonar|, kill all goblins with |Shoot| and collect loots with |Gather|.

I feel sad when I remember those times that killing a single goblin took 5 of us surrounding it.

Magic is the real cheat.

---

Haku walks around the first floor almost instantly killing any goblins he found. There are some coins and sometime trinkets found on the dead goblins. All other bulky japtems are ignored and left to be absorbed by the dungeon.

He did stumble upon a team struggling against some goblin but choose to ignore them. He thought that, even if he tries to help they might thought he is trying to back stab and steal from them.

"I wonder when I can get a magic bag or storage ring... these coins is getting heavy"

Haku chuckled a little when he remembers that his rant is similar to '1st world problems' meme from his memory. He later arrive at the spot where his friends being ambushed and killed.

There is goblins laying wait inside that chamber, just like last time - thought Haku after using |Sonar|.

He ready the marbles and |Shoot| each target detected by his |Sonar|. His marbles curve through the small doorway and create big holes at their target bodies. A chain sounds of drop bodies echoed in the chamber.

{Level up!}

After all those kills and only now I level up? - Thought Haku

Haku is shocked by the very slow leveling and he then notices a goblin warrior's corpse is with those group of goblins. It has a tougher build compared to the normal cave goblins. Its fangs protruded out of it mouth, a purple tough stinking out of its ugly face.

In that chamber he found what his former party is looking for, a treasure chest. Inside this bone and stone chest is a few rough gems, coins and a familiar pouch from the VR game.

He knows to well of this low level magic container, it only reduce weight by half and can carry items in it's slots.

Last time when he checked this pouch cost 5 gold coins, impossibly expansive for rookie adventurers. At one slot he put the 'heavy' coins, other slots is for trinkets and gems he found. The other free slot is still not in use, he decided to reserved it for foods.

(AIDA is it possible to learn magic circuits from these items and improve them?)

[It is possible, I'll run the diagnostic to scan the magic circuit... this may take a while]

(Thanks AIDA)

"Rest in peace... friends"

After that Haku turns and leave the area, he now able to close his memories of the fallen friends. Haku spend a few odd hours in the dungeon and when he got out it is already almost midnight.

The same twin moons staring down at him while he returns to the inn. The diner is still serving supper for adventurers as he sat down and ordered a glass of milk.

"It is rare for an adventurer to order milk at night" said Yana while smiling handing over his drink.

"Milk is good for the body and it helps me sleep, thanks Yana."

Yana look at Haku for a time and said "You are different some how..."

He become... manlier? - She only said that in her mind.

"Really? I feel still the same and this milk taste is good, like always."

She treads closer to Haku while holding the tray.

"Did you know Haku? there is a group of famous adventurers come by last week and now they are missing. There is a rumor saying they are all dead."

She whispers close to my ears and I can smell a sweet scent. She is wearing a casual dress and when this close I can tell that she is maturing nicely. This girl is cute, her slim body and maturing parts is one of this inn main attraction.

Another attraction is her mother, a former adventure who is great with cooking. Her well shaped well matured body is more to my taste but I wonder where Yana's father is. I never dared to ask her that... for various reasons.

She is now awfully close to me, the other adventurers starts to notices, except herself. I better escape before trouble brews in.

"Excuse me Yana, I am really tired"

"Oh? okay... we are closing anyway."

The kitchen quickly closes after that, a few adventurers still drinking their last mug of rum. When I enters the rented room, I put myself to bed and fall a sleep while thinking what to do for tomorrow.

---

In a big room, mother and daughter is talking while combing their hairs before sleeping.

"Yana do you like that boy?"

"Who!!?" reply Yana why fidgeting with a red face.

"The boy who ordered milk, such a weird boy. He is not that cute, that make me wonder why you are so close to him a while ago."

"I did?... he just feel different, not like all other adventurers I've met. He feels similar to... father... when he is still alive."

"Oh... really now... father is it? should I visit him tonight?"

"Mother!!!..." Yana protested to her mother as Clara giggles with her daughter's reaction.

Common knowledge that, in this world there is no formal marriage concept for the common people. Marriage is only celebrated by nobles and rich merchants. Common folk marriage is only in a form of agreement of both partners.

---

Next morning, I wake all refreshed and decided to check on my status.

"Stats"
    [STR: 27 AGI: 24 INT: 17]

-- Skill List --
    * Unique *
    Martial Arts - (level 1)
    Body Tuning - (stage 1)

* Passive *
    Pain Resist - (level 1)
    Swordplay - (level 1)
    Earth Magic - (level 2)
    Arcane Magic - (level 2)
    Magic Craft - (level 1)

* Active *
    Stone Fist
    Shoot
    Gather, Light, Clean Up
    Stats, Sonar

I reached level 2, my Arcane and Earth Magic also increased a level. So passive skills increase related stats when they level up, just like in the VR game.

Clean Up, Gather and Light is in the Life Spells, Shoot is Combat, Stats and Sonar is categorized as Illusion Spells.

The first of these Arcane magic spells is all founded by humans who some does not have element affinity. It is a marvel at that age, but the things I witness now makes me think that human has terribly deteriorated in magic knowledge... or not. Can't say for sure yet...

I cast Clean Up after finish wearing all my gear, my 1st plan for today is to sell the loots I collected. This inn has a service to bring warm water to wipe the body, but I don't need it now.

Then why my sonar senses Yana bringing a tub of water... is it to my room?

I open the door when she almost reach my room, she somehow shocked and almost dropped the bucket.

"Yana... good morning, I am surprise to see you this early."

"Eh, ah... Clara asked me to bring this water to... you"

"Thanks but I don't need it and I don't remember ordering any."

"Oh... really? That is... odd"

That was an obvious lie, what is she doing?.

"Let me help carry it back, it looks heavy and you already carried it all the way here."

I took the bucket, it feels light as feather to me. I carried it down the stairs while she still fidgeting on something. Carrying something like this now is nothing to me, she don't have to worry so much.

"Thanks Haku, for helping."

"It is nothing Clara, this is not even heavy"

Clara is still in her sleeping gown, peeking from her room. I can almost see a firm round object inside, my heart skipped a beat. The worst part is Clara notice this and she give me a sweet smile.

I quickly place the bucket near the stairs and walk toward the exit.

"Do you want to feel it?" She whispers to me when I pass by her.

That makes me pause a little, does she really mean it? or she is just teasing me. I shake my head to remove that fantasy from my mind.

---

Haku arrive at the adventure guild to sell his loots and check for quest that might interest him. Liza, who is always at the counter took the gems and trinkets and calculated the value.

When he start to put more on the tray, her eyes start to open wide in disbelief.

"Where do you get all this many, usually even a party only bring a little of them."

"From the dungeon last night, I got lucky and found a treasure box after a big fighting with a group of goblins."

"Treasure box, hmm... you don't look like lying."

Treasure box is know to be where humanoid monsters like the goblins keep their loots. After they kill and loot their enemy, they offer anything found to their current leader. It is normal to return with a lot of items when you found one.

Liza seems convinced but another pair of eyes is watching their little exchange. He knows something that Liza don't, he also feels that Haku has changed... a lot. It is an instinct of a warrior which is sharpen after a long time in the field.

"All of it is 2 gold and 45 silver... you are really lucky."

"Thanks Liza." Haku quickly grab the coins and try to escape.

"Wait brat!! ... come with me."

An old man appeared from no where and grabbing Haku's shoulder and drags him to the guild's training yard. He could not escape from the rank SSS ex adventurer powerful grip, his shoulder feels like being crushed.

Haku knows this is coming, he already senses him. But the skillful and brute guild master Dave able to catch him before he escapes.

---

At the Training yard behind the guild's building, two adventurers is facing one another. One of them is Haku, the beginner adventurer and his opponent is known as Luke, an experienced rank C adventurer. The reluctant youngster voice his complain.

"Hey old man, why I need to fight a C rank? I am just a F rank you know. That is too much different in rank level right?"

"The correct word should be 'I WAS a F rank', now shut up and pick your wooden weapon."

"Why I has to fight this brat, like he said find another snotty brat to fight him."

"I'll give you 2 gold if you able to win this, Luke"

The crowd gasp to the high reward offered by Dave. Luke is the highest ranked adventurer around here who only happen to be in this town after finish escorting a merchant caravan. He is a well known fighter for this region, no one would dare to mess with him.

"Isn't that to much for a duel reward with a F rank like me?"(Haku)

"It's my lucky day, don't turn back on your own word old man, that gold coins is already mine"

Luke shows a wide grin while looking at Haku with greedy eyes. Haku look troubled, he does not want to stand out to much. His goal today is quietly gain loots in the dungeon and maybe clear it until the last floor.

"Take your time and pick you weapon brat, I don't want to win an unfair fight"

"It is already unfair - for you" Haku quietly said the last part.

Haku with troubled face slowly take a training short sword from the training rack and ready a simple stance. Luke how ever pick a blunted battle axe from the rack while giving a rotten smile. With a signal from the guild master the duel starts.

After the signal, Luke immediately dash in and swings his battle axe. Haku don't even twitch on incoming attack, from a other's point of view it looks like he not even able to react to Luke's attack.

However when the axe almost hit him, he spins by using a unique foot work to swiftly evade the attack. His footwork brings him into Luke's blind spot, Luke's back is wide open but Haku don't even take that chance to attack.

Luke almost stumbled by his own attack that hit nothing but air, the crowd stood silence unable to understand what just happen. Only the the guild master giving a wide smile and nodding confirming his judgment.

"Are you even trying brat?"(Dave)

"Oii shut up old man! don't make it harder than it already is"(Haku)

"Do you meant that you have hard time holding back?" Dave laugh loudly after his words.

Being ignored and played like a fool, Luke's face redden with shame and anger. He properly ready his stance now and prepares to gain his reputation back.

"Ohh crap..." says Haku sensing the mood change.

Without warning the harden soil of the training yard burst out where Luke was standing. Only few people from the crowd knows what happen, for everyone else, it looks like Luke's body abruptly disappear from where he is standing.

"He triggered |Rush|..." is heard from some where within the crowd.

Even fewer knows Luke signature move, chain triggered |Rush|-|Slash| which defeated most of his challenger and earned him a place in C rank. Chain trigger needs a lot of training, but when you gets it there is almost no counter against it.

Almost.

Haku quickly change his stance by lowering his body while readying his sword. Not a moment later, Haku swiftly steps forward while swinging his sword.

Normal fighter usually dodge backward to get out of range, this move is rarely been seen in any fight. Dave's cool demeanor broken from Haku's reaction to the attack.

His sword arcs and hit the axe handle which is still in mid swing. The axe flew wildly from Luke's hand and this cause the skill |Slash| to fail. Within the same moment Haku naturally kick the middle of Luke's body making his body bents like a '>'.

That kick send him flying backward before rolling on the ground. Luke fainted and his mouth is foaming, the duel... ended there.

The crowd have mixed reactions. Most of them is stunned in silence and others cheers even though they don't really understand what just happen.

---

Crap... is this old man is trying to kill me? I barely manage to escape painful ending. A hit from that axe, at minimum it could make me to be hospitalize for a few weeks.

Wait... no hospitals exist in this world... That is even worst and here he comes, he is the only one who is clapping his hands.

"To think you actually step forward into his range, you sure got guts kiddo"

"Did I actually changed from brat to kiddo? so... can I go now old man?"

"Ho ho ho, of course, this is your tag back, I already ask the staff prepared earlier and raise your rank to C. I also have a special quest for you, check with the clerk later"

"Hey!.. W.. what?? so suddenly... Hey wait old man are you going some where?"

"I am going to the brothels, what? you want to come along?"

Well I guess I have no choice then, special quest is something adventurers cannot deny and the pay is also always good. Lets take it as a bonus then, I have to postpone the original plans for today.

Nazgand likes this.
  15. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zoci He starts out level 1. In chapters 1 and 3, he levels up, but is only level 2 after that?!

16. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang... he suppose to start at level 0...

fixed the typo - thanks

17. Zoci

Zoci New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4
    After buying and prepared some food for the trip, I start walking towards the special quest location. Today's quest is cleanup quest, extermination of a goblin group that is grown big enough to threaten merchant caravans and nearby villages.

There are even reports saying that the goblin group start to kidnap women from nearby villages. That is actually the only reason which makes me want to go all out.

For that reason I prepared a few more abilities. Acquiring skills and spells is actually very hard in this world, I cheated with experience and knowledge gain from the VR game.

AIDA database and quantum computation power is another cheat by itself.

Usually you need to be trained to get abilities and that cost money. Of cause you can get basic skills like swordplay and pain resist with enough experience but for advance skill is almost impossible.

I will need a speed enhancing ability. Guided by |Martial Arts| and some mana manipulation during sprinting I'm able to acquire |Haste|.

{Haste acquired}

I realise both my mana and stamina is lacking when I keep getting out of breath during those sprint training. My level is to low, so I need a skill to restore both of them.

From the martial art teachings, I train myself with multiple breathing technique and combine the basic principal to create my own. This skill will increase the rate of mana and stamina restoration by leaps and bound.

Using this technique I will be able to restore mana and stamina while fighting and it is more effective when I'm idle.

{Mana Breathing acquired}

After far enough from prying eyes, I start to circulate mana through out my body and trigger my latest body enhancement skill |Haste| and combine it with |Sonar|.

AIDA did a good job calculating most probable den location based on reported cases from the guild report. Feeling worried about the kidnapped girls told in the report, I increase the speed further, making everything goes a bit blurry.

{Evasion acquired}

Evasion is added to my skills after almost an hour of spending mana and stamina running and dodging trees. My rapid evasive maneuvers is thanks to |Haste| and |Sonar| that tracks each incoming trees.

---

[Warning! estimated location is 200 meters ahead]

Slowing down a little, I move swiftly between the thick bushes while taking out my dagger.

I am gonna rely solely to my |Martial Arts| in fighting and it derived skill |Mana Breathing| to keep my stamina and mana at maximum. I won't waste even a second to end this quest.

---

A Grey shadow moving at inhuman speed can be seen moving toward a goblin encampment. His movement through the forest is blazing fast, only a shadowy image left every time he briefly step to evade incoming trees. The destination is a hidden cave which inhabited by a large group of goblins.

The first goblin dropped dead from a stab at the back of its head, it hand is still holding a barbequed frog's leg. The others start to fall one by one not even able to react, only short scream when a round bullet shoot through their soft body.

Haku then pull back those marbles using Gather and clean them from the goblin's blood. His knife which is stuck at the goblin skull is pulled out using his own hands. He check his surrounding using his Sonar while moving in a calm pace into the cave opening.

One by one goblins came rushing towards him screaming and attacking him inside the narrow cave. Their crude attacks easily evaded and countered with his dagger.

He is showing an effortless defensive maneuvers while continue killing each incoming goblins. Occasionally there is a marble flying at bullet speed killing goblins that is further away.

The cave way with no time at all is now littered with goblin corpses, all died with only a single wound.

There is no waste at all in his movement, each dodge and kill is done while walking deeper into the cave. When the death cries ends he finally arrive at the cave main chamber.

---

??? POV

I can hear a lot of goblin screams echoing in the caves, I wonder if the duke finally decided to send the knights to clean this place up. It does not matter anyway, I am chained to this throne that are made from countless bones of dead adventurers.

Those knights won't stand a chance of what is waiting them inside this chamber, I witnessed so much death until it make my mind goes numb.

The only reason I am not with the other girls in the breeding room is my ability in healing magic. They needed me when time like this, so keeping me here without tiring me is for their own benefit.

I've become their king's pet, witnessing countless death of brave warriors and healing their killers after that. This death den leader is a Hobgoblin, the next evolution of the common goblin.

It is a rare evolution said only happen in the depth of deep dungeons or inside the Living Forest.

I noticed a gray caped person walks in the main chamber with a relaxed pace. Does he not notice the abnormal number of goblin warriors gathered here?, there are even a few goblin shaman hiding in the dark.

He noticed me and stopped in his track. He is alone? is he sane...

I came here with a team who boasted one of the best party in the country. I only realize our doom when the spell paralysis is already casted. On an instant 3 key members including me falls to their feet, unable to even twitch, I watches the true horror of death and later been played around like toys.

That person without any care raise his both hands and open his palms. What is that? marbles?

Is this person stupid enough trying to give it as an offering? Oh no, one of the shaman already starting to chant. Maybe if I just look away...

"|Shoot|"

I heard the rare single phrase aria and it happens only in a instant, I heard multiple bone cracking sounds followed by sounds of falling bodies inside the chamber. There is almost no cries or scream only silence death, the Hobgoblin king don't even able move a finger.

Over 10 goblin warrior drop dead on the ground, even the well hidden goblin shaman is also drop dead. The hobgoblin 'king' who usually laugh at out loud right about now are not moving at all.

After all of the goblin are killed, I can see something floating towards the caped man. Its the marbles drench in goblin's blood floating back into his hands. The goblin are killed by only the marbles? compared to set items my team prepared for the raid it is absurdly ridiculous.

He is coming to me, I frantically crawls backward out of fear. Should I really fear my savior?

"Are you Ok?, I am sorry you have to witness that"

I deny him by shacking my head, does he silently finish the goblins in consideration of me?

"I am going to release the chain OK?"

His figure come close to my face and then I heard a metallic cracking sound. The cuff around my neck loosen and tossed aside.

"Oh... it seems like your mana flow is in a mess, let me borrow your head, I'll sort it for you to clear the confusion."

I can't understand what he means but the moment he touches my head, I felt comfort and my body which is cold and weaken slowly grow warm again. It is an out of this world feeling of pleasure flowing inside me like an gentle lover's massage.

"A-ahn" did I just moaned? I never experience or heard anything like this before.

"That is done, now this will make you feel refreshed... |Clean up|"

Now he casted another spell, I feel a gentle flow go through all over my body parts is like bathed in luke warm water. Immediately after that a gentle wind blows, I feel refreshed my confused mind began to clear up.

I can see my dirtied hand and skin cleaned up just like after a warm bath. Stains on my cloth are removed and now looks clean again.

Then, even before I realized, a cloak is put on me gently and that makes me remember the expose breast when the hobgoblins tears my dress. Suddenly my face feels hot...

"Whats your name?"

"Alicia" I can feel my heart warms up while answering him.

"Hmm, a beautiful name"

"Alicia, you are a healer right? lets go and help the other girls. Come follow me"

"Y.. yes" I answered while still wondering how he knows that.

He extended his hand, I grab it to stand up and follow him. Without even realising it, inside, I've decided to follow him forever.

---

What a beauty! such a waste, well not really... she does not look like 'wasted'. Her mind did almost broken, that is why do a little mana circulation to clear her mind. She is the Special Quest Special Side Quest... SQSSQ? to absurd... denied.

I use |Clean Up| to remove all the dirty things from now revealed smooth silky skin. Her blue wavy hair and the clear blue eyes when looked at is like staring into the clear sky makes me almost forget why I am here.

I can see the body shape with excellent curve showing a very generous bottom. Even if the brea... I better pun the cape on her before I get carried away.

[From her mana sample, this subject show very high affinity to water element. It is the best element for healing spells]

AIDA interject pulls me back to reality, this is really dangerous. When I say dangerous, I don't mean the goblins...

This girl, she can't be a noble right? what kind of mind to sent such a beauty to a places like this? She should be living in a peaceful village with plenty animal farm and gardens while aided by a faithful maid, cherished and loved.

I asked her name and asked her to follow me to the other girl's location. With my |Sonar|, I can tell the other girls is held in separate chamber guarded by a single goblin.

That goblin is already dead by the way, killed by the marble.

---

Uwa... this girls are in even worst condition, with barely any clothes at all. They are looking at me with dead eyes, there is... 4 of them?. The view is disturbing my math skills...

Is this girls is on edge of being completely wasted and broken?

(AIDA what is the probability of human girls to get pregnant from goblin seeds?)

[Calculating inter species breeding chances... result are very low, not more 6% chance even when the receiver condition is at highest fertility status]

I give a wary smile, they must be repeatedly violated by the Hobgoblin who trying to produce more goblins.

[Simulation shows, combination of goblin/human DNA can produce a better quality goblins an another variation of the evolved Hobgoblins]

I can almost see a flag raised right there. Stop it please, anymore work will reduce my time to enjoy this world. I hope no one starts to breed hobgoblins or it will be a lot of trouble a head of me.

"Alicia, go and check them please, maybe another girl's presences will be more... assuring"

Alicia nods and head over to the girls, after a few word then she pointed to me. I just waved my hands and gives a thumbs up.

Hey don't bent your neck to the side like that, I makes me feel like I have done something weird. Alicia does some light group healing, they all one by one standup and walks toward me.

"How are they?"

"They barely have the strength to move around"

"OK, take this sandwich I prepared, I sense there are some adventures cloths behind that door. Go eat and change clothes, I'll cleanup the mess outside"

"San-wish? y, yes" Alicia answered while looking a bit confused.

After using |Gather| to collect all detected high value small items and coins, I neatly bury the dead goblins with Earth magic. I open a hole right under all the dead bodies and then quickly bury them when the corpse falls in, I really can't stand the smell.

It must be hell trapped here with all this smell, even when covering my nose I can still smell them. I wanted to just use Clean Up for this entire cave, but that will empty my mana in a instant.

I leveled up during this quest and reached level 4. Leveling in this world take a considerable effort, the experience point must be really sucks. I wanted to file a complaint to the developer...

Anyway I have increased my mana pool just enough to do this burial type cleaning up.

---

Alicia POV

After I changed to another adventurer's dress and waiting for others, I open the wrapped bread prepared by him... I noticed that I don't even know then name of my savior.

It is a different kind of food that I never seen before, the bread with the hard crest removed, cut into thin layer and nicely cut local vegetables with some grilled mashed meat is stuck between the bread.

The tasted is unique mixed flavor with crunchy vegetables and with nice aroma of the grilled meat, packed on each bite. It is a wonder where this food come from or does he make it himself.

The girls finished changing and they is also astonished with the stuffed bread taste, I can see some light returned to these girl's eyes. Now I know mother is right after all, good food really warms up broken hearts.

One of them is an adventurer like me, she gave me a look of disbelief after taken a bite.

We walked together outside while still eating the stuffed bread. When I walked into the big chamber I paused with a shock. I unable to spot a single goblin corpse or even blood. Where are all the corpses go?

After finally arrive at the cave exit, I can see him sitting while folding his leg in front of him with eyes closed. I never see this kind sitting before, he opened his eyes even before I try to call for him. How did he know we are here?

---

"Hi there, I am called Haku a beginner adventurer. I was given special request to exterminate this goblins by the Adventurer's Guild... So there is no really need for thanks."

I give a brief introduction with a light bow. I hope I don't look weird or anything. One of the girls with a dagger on her hip, step up.

She is a tall and slim lady, maybe a little older than me with brown eyes and brown hair a common around here. She have an experienced adventurer air around her, the only one that already regained their former self. This is a really strong woman.

"Even if you say that, we deeply grateful for your rescue, I am called Mary, adventurer."

The other girls give a approval to Mary's words while Alicia look like worried about something.

"I am Alicia as you already know, I am also very grateful and deeply in debt for the rescue"

"Ah... yes Alicia, thanks to you too, your healing magic really help out. So... I have a question, do anyone here wish to return to their village or have any other plan?"

One of the girls braced herself after seen Mary and Alicia stepping up. She is quite pretty, are the average look for this world's girls is like this. Even the other 2 is not bad at all, I can't remember to find any ugly ones.

"I'm named Kanna, I believe my village is the nearest from here, actually three of us is from the same village me, Jen and Tina"

"Then, shall we all go toward there now? it is getting dark soon, if we can't make it by night fall I will setup a camp. Please rest assured that I will guaranty your all safety, it is at least that I can do now."

All of them look at each other and nods.

"Mary can you take the lead with Kanna, I will be at the back. Take your time walking, there is no need to hurry"

The faster we move from here, the better. I cannot stand this stink hole anymore, I barely keeping my cool.

"Ah... wait a second, let me give you girls a cleaning service first, I'll cast a spell for it..."

They look confused at first, but Alicia properly explained to them. I cast Clean Up for all of them after that. I don't want to walk in the forest with girls smelling like a goblin.

---

The slow walk through this forest is really refreshing, the fresh air and soothing green trees makes me calm. Even if I know there is nothing to be afraid of in this peaceful forest, I still activate my Sonar on each few steps to ensure their safety.

Better safe than sorry, right? I noticed Alicia keep glancing back now and then, do she need to 'water the flower' or something?.

The view from back here though... is very relaxing and wonderful. Each step make me feel that all my effort feel worth it.

"Do you need anything Alicia?"(Haku)

"Ah, no, nothing" She says that while her cheek is little red, is it a cold?

It is easy to get infected when in a place like that.

"Do we need a rest? we been walking for quite long time now"(Haku)

Mary stops walking hearing my question and look at each of her new friends.

"There is a stream up a head, we can take a rest there"(Kanna)

Yes... I can smell it, the fresh water scent, we are not far from it. My tormented nose able to recover nicely, it's good that I removed all that smell from them.

"Kanna, are we still far away from your village?"

"I am sorry, with this pace we won't make it before night fall"

"Then we'll stop at the stream, take the night there and rest"

This girls surely unable to truly rest during their captive. It is good thing if I can give them proper rest tonight. After few minutes, the sound of the stream can be heard.

"Please help me gather some dry woods for the fire tonight and dry twigs to start the fire. I am going to find a suitable place to make camp"

The girls nods and start to scatter a bit collecting dry woods. There is a lot dry wood around here, I asked them for help so that they won't feel helpless and hopefully regain some even if a little confidence back.

The real heavy lifting will be done by me.

I start with finding a suitable location, I am gonna make a sleeping camp here with fire pit in the middle with a rock slabs as a natural heat reflector. I cut the big rock by the stream while forming a big rocky slabs and relocate it, all using |Magic Craft|.

The rocks is cut and arranged so we would have a flat rock as the floor. For the other rocks I formed and arrange them to make walls, later I use an another rock slab as roof to add a sense of security. Of course I secured all of it so no mishap happens during sleeping tonight.

It became like simple hut made of rock slabs, with slightly tilted flat roof. A fire pit is build at the rock hut opening to provide heat and light. I also planning to make some light dinner, so I make a set of grilling stand.

The girls gasp when they see my little camping ground, I trigger my |Sonar| to check the ones who still not back from collecting things. Some how it became like a competition on who is the best, we end up with more than enough firewood.

I sense a deer wondering around the stream with an another |Sonar| sweep. With a quick marble |Shoot|, it becomes food for tonight, the fur is also good for insulation. I also decided catch some fish in the stream, it is easy with the combo spell.

Tonight is really cold, luckily I prepared a good warm sleeping area.

(AIDA please download the techniques for preparing hunted meat)

[Acknowledged... download complete]

I busy myself preparing the deer and fish, later burying deep the left over innards. I clean the deer pelt and hang it beside the fire. Hunted meat need to be prepare within the first hour or it will be a waste.

After a light dinner with grilled fish and meat, the girls falls a sleep comfortably. Some of the girls cries a little before sleeping, as I am really bad with words, so I let the girls to comfort each other.

I will watch over them tonight while meditating and maybe do some mental training. I wonder what other fantasy skill I could get? Maybe I should try 'that' first.

---

{Arcane Blade acquired}

That night discover Arcane Blade which is can be classified as the combination of Magic Craft and Swordplay. It comes to me when I was doing the mental training. I am able to create a blade made of only mana without need of a weapon.

While experimenting, I found that I can even shape the blade with my Magic Craft. Maybe later, if I can get Metal Magic I can make the weapons I always wanted.

That night I spend the whole night guarding and mental training while keeping myself warm by the fire. The girls wake up with high spirit in the next morning and we march at better pace towards the village.

and 5
    We arrive to the village outskirt by noon that day, because the high spirit air around us it does not feel solemn anymore. Everybody seems to be eager to be among people again and forget all the painful memory.

I can see a sturdy fence setup around the village, a common setting for a remote village.

"We are finally here!"

Kanna and her friends seem excited and clamoring with kya-kya sound. They sounds are cute, just like every villager girl should be. I notice the others is also smiling, sharing their happiness.

I always loved the remote country side in the old world. Remote villages in this world however are a beautiful yet dangerous place, a new combination that excites me.

There are guards standing by the entrance, I wonder what mortality rate this guards have. In the game most guards have death immunity unless it is a player made settlement. It is a setting to avoid abusive players keep sniping the poor guards.

The 3 girls quickly runs when we are close enough to the village. They are welcomed with surprises and tears of joy. It seems all the villagers know each other well and very friendly, it is a really nice view.

I mean the heartwarming view not the soft bouncy view.

The guards are on high alert when they first saw me, I do not look like a bad person you know, learn to judge people better. The girls frantically stop the guards and looks like they able to explain it properly.

I am looking forward to check the village settings, I have already built a settlement before in the VR game. It is good enough to survive common monster attacks on its own and later flourishes.

It became a self-sufficient village while ranking in some coins for me of cause, I am not a saint.

When we enter the village I can see houses arranged neatly and near the center they have an opening with a big tree. I can guess that this is where usually villages gather and where the children play.

It is a nice setup, it rises moral and give a sense of unity. An old woman walks towards me with a wide smile.

"Hi there savior, I am the villager elder. They call me Martha."

"Please don't call me savior, I'm just a beginner adventurer, Haku. It is a nice village you have here."

"The things that I heard from the girls is quite extraordinary, I can't even believe what they told me."

"What? no. I am not that great"

Yet... Maybe I've gone overboard with the 'rescue'. Common sense of this world is still vague to me, I might need to do some research on that.

[With the new data, my simulation concluded this is because of the deterioration of general and magic knowledge]

(Thanks AIDA, that is troubling)

"Would you mind to stay here for some days?"

"Yes, I was about to ask for permission to stay for a while, i'd like to rest and do some recreations"

"Ho, ho, then you can use the guest house. I said it is a guest house but its my late son's house."

"Thank you and I am sorry for your lost."

"It's fine, it was a long time ago. Tonight we'll have a modest feast to celebrate their safe return"

"But Elder, we barely have anything for a feast"

I overheard a concerned whisper from behind her. It is as I predicted, this village barely survive here.

"Then take this left over food for the feast tonight, as a token of my friendship and thanks to let me rest here a few days"

I put down the heavy load of left over food that I wrapped in the deer skin. This world common animal is much larger than the old world. A single deer like this can feed this size of village for tonight and still have some left over.

"Thank you, it is a shame that we can't offer you anything, if you have anything in mind please say it. We already be in a big deep debt when you rescue the girls and now you even kind enough to offer a hunted prey"

The old lady bows deeply, I hurriedly catch her shoulders and refuse to let her continue to bow. It will haunt my consciousness later because I am planning to use this village as my first money bag.

"Please don't bow to me, this is my only request. But I would like to walk around the village if you don't mind."

"You are an honored guest, please do as you please."

With that our simple meeting ends, I move to inspect the village security, food source and possible productions. It's been long since I build a settlement, I am a bit excited to see it through.

The village girls returns to their families, their parents also comes running and offer me to stay with them. I politely decline the offer, it is a dangerous zone.

I want to avoid to be involved in reverse 'night crawling' incidents, even if that is impossible to happen. I give an excuse already receiving the elder's kindness.

---

After the inspection, I am surprise how this village even last this long. The security is horrible, that causes the food production to decline and you don't even need to mention production.

This going to take a lot of work, I'll going to sneakily propose 'my concern' to the village elder tonight.

For now let's lie down and relax under this tree. My mind feels a bit tired of the constant sonar tracking during the escort. I am way at the back of the village, near the second gate, around the big tree is to crowded and noisy.

"|Stats|"
    [STR: 31 AGI: 28 INT: 21]

-- Skill List --
    * Unique *
    Martial Arts - (level 1)
    Body Tuning - (stage 1)

* Passive *
    Pain Resist - (level 1)
    Swordplay - (level 1)
    Earth Magic - (level 2)
    Arcane Magic - (level 2)
    Magic Craft - (level 1)
    Evasion - (level 1)

* Active *
    Stone Fist
    Shoot, Haste, Mana Breathing, Arcane Blade
    Gather, Light, Clean Up
    Stats, Sonar

I can still see this even when I close my eyes. Even though nothing noticeable have changed, this is a secret pleasure of mine. I wonder if I can check other's stat to compare with mine.

My Body Tuning contribute a lot of Strength and Agility increase. This cheat skill allow me grow above my level limit.

After some time relaxing peacefully, I can hear clamoring voices not far from me. I slowly open one off my eyes and sees Alicia been encouraged by the rescued girls.

After being indecisive a little, Mary forcefully push her forward. I can guess what she wants from me, but lets hear it from her. I silently waits while leaning on my back on the ground.

"Haku, do you have a moment?"

"Ah... Alicia, I don't have anything to do right now, what do you need?"

"This might be a bit sudden, can you..."

"..." Alicia is still hesitating.

"Can you spit it out already?"

"Yes!? Please take me as your student!" She said that with a bow.

As I suspected, this girl really love magic. That's why she decided to make me teach her, so I did go overboard during the rescue.

"First I need you to tell me, why you want to learn magic from me?"

"I don't have any reason, maybe I just want to be stronger. I mean, I know you use magic to kill all those goblins... I have never seen anyone use spells like you do..."

"OK, I understand. Wanting to be strong is a good reason. Sure I'll teach you some magic."

If anyone else give me the same reason, I would just say good luck. I already decided before hand to teach her magic if she ever interested to learn. Of cause it's for my own experiments! It is not because of her bo... beauty.

"Eh? you are not asking for any payment?

"No, you can't pay anyway, why bother asking for it. But, I won't teach you as a student, I'll give you advices and tips. I also need you to teach me various things along the way, it's a give and take."

"Uh? huh, okay... Thank you Haku, ... I was planning to pay with my... b.. body"

Hmm? did I just heard something impossible? It must be my 'inner demon' whispering. Her face suddenly start to becomes bright red, I wonder if she is alright.

"Since I am rested and got nothing to do now, lets start with your first lesson"

"OK!" Her mood suddenly changes and she looks excited from my suggestion.

"Lets go to bed.. no I mean riverbed"

---

First let give her a better understanding of water property and the magic application.

"What do you understand about water Alicia?"

Alicia looks puzzled, It is understand able that this world never really study about the nature. I always remember my wise friend advise. As to quote him I say:

"To comprehend even a little of god's power which is magic, we need to understand god's creations first. Water is formless... so it flows freely it does not stop when it hit a rock. It just go around it, a mere rock will never able to stop water."

Alicia goes into scholar mode and start thinking.

"But water can be stopped with a dam"

"You are right, but do you know what happen if the dam breaks?"

"Trees, animals even human died because of it" she murmured.

"Yes this is the first lesson I can teach you and a way to mimic it. Now take the water from the river and form a water sphere with both hands"

Alicia nods and slowly pulls and form a globe of water from the river, her control is excellent.

"The reason so much destruction when the dam broke is the water pressure collected at the bottom of the dam. To duplicate this try to reduce the sphere size little by little, it's OK if you failed, this step normally needs a lot of training"

Alicia close her eyes and start to compress the sphere, its look like her image training is excellent.

"When you at your limit, now the fun part begins. Aim your compressed sphere to that big rock and get ready. Next step is to open a smallest hole you can imagine at the mana sphere pointing to that rock"

Alicia moves her base palm closer together and aim the rock. Not a moment later a tiny water jet with powerful velocity shoots with a little shrieking sound. The big rock broke with a loud sound while its top side destroyed with a small clean hole in the middle.

I can hear multiple muffled scream from behind. It comes from the spectators who are watching and wandering what we were doing. Alicia herself can't believe what she just did.

To be able to produce that kind of power with water magic is probably unheard off. Her knees went weak a little for a moment but she able brace herself properly.

"Great job, that was wonderful control and power. This is only an introduction of water magic potential."

Now, what great experiments can we do next?. I am happy to have a lab assistant with this kind of talent and great bod... beauty. Eh? Is she crying?

I am puzzled why did she cries after the successful experiment, this why I never understood women. I am a little excited to think about all the wondrous experiments we will do next.

I pat her head a little and she look at me with that clear watery blue eyes, I noticed her cheeks becomes a little pink.

"Thank you Haku."

"It is all your own talent, I only show you the way to use it."

I also teach her about magic knowledge that I know on how to make your own spell and simplify its aria. It's already dawn before you know it, I left those magic concepts for Alicia to study. That will keep her excited for a while.

I'll leave the actual formulation to her, as shes already a talented mage.

While walking aimlessly in the village, suddenly I can smell it, a lovely scent of meat broth floating in the air. Like a hound I follow the smell until I arrive at the village feast cooking area. I can see a big pot been heated on the huge fire place as the source of the smell.

Beside that pot I can see a very lovely lady stirring and tasting the broth. I can tell this girl is one of the best cook in this village and she is a beauty too. Looks like she is calling me with he hands.

"Haku... can you help taste this broth. I fear if this broth doesn't meet your taste. You are our guest after all and even this meat is hunted by you"

The meat taste wonderful, all the ingredients nicely mixed in. A smile leaked from my face before even I notice it.

Triggering Sonar already becomes my habit and this time it hit something worrisome.

A huge bear that looks like mutated by miasma is roaming nearby. Monster forest is still far away, so it is rare to see a monster this size nearby.

"It tasted really good, but I need to excuse myself for a bit."

Without making anyone notice and panic, I hurried my step to the direction the monster is roaming. With body size similar to a small truck, a monster with this size easily could destroy the village fences.

Some of the villagers that is more vigilant notices my sudden change of mood, they silently watches and stay out my way. Using the nearby tree as a stepping stone I leap over the fences while readying my Arcane blade.

I heard some clamor behind the fences, I think the villagers noticed the abnormal situation. Maybe something similar happened before?

The mutated bear noticed me, I can sense it turn to face me. When I finally able to see it by my own eyes, it intimidates with a loud roar imbued with magic.

Multiple screams come from the village direction, it seems the roar have a fear effect. I can see a scar right between its eye, has he been chased away before?

Then it is natural to return when your are healed, mutated animals have a level of intellect when become a monster. That is why I detected 2 more running this way after the roar echoed.

There must be a source of this abnormal mutation nearby, looks like I might have to skip the feast.

---

This huge bear is known as Manobear, this mutation is one of the most dangerous monster an adventurer could have encountered. One swipe of it paw can destroy human head easily, you will need at least magic reinforced shield to block it.

When it notice Haku is not effected by the roar, it hesitated to charge him. The Manobear animal instincts is giving it warning of a potential dangerous foe.

Haku floats his marbles and Shoot all of them toward the bear. The Manobear furs is as hard as steel function like flawless chainmail, destroying all the stone marbles in the collision.

However the powerful impact still delivered into its body causing it to stagger in pain. Haku clicked his tongue for the undesirable effect, he have no choice but to rely on his Arcane Blade.

In anger the Manobear charge with bloodshot eyes, Haku have an evil smirk on his face. An angry opponent is easier to handle, it make things more predictable. He is standing there idly while preparing for his spell.

From outside view it will look like he is frozen in fear, causing spectators to hold their breath.

Haku use the classic hold tactic, timing the counter attack until the last seconds of the charge. Using his superior reaction and speed, he lower his body in precaution and stomp his feet while casting a spell.

"|Earth Spike|!"

A slightly slanted, hardened Earth Spike extruded just before the Manobear reach his body, impaling it right through the heart. It is a simple tactic but it require great timing and most importantly a resolute heart.

A few panicked scream can be heard behind him, Alicia who is just arrive is one of them. The villagers have informed her about the incident and she rushed here.

The Manobear corpse is now hanged high by the Earth Spike, it's like a warning sign to other monsters. Still 2 other Manobear strolls into view range, they looked at the corpse as of understanding something from it.

Haku sensed the same trick won't work again, he can sense Alicia slowly approach him from the back.

"Haku..."

"It is fine Alicia, this much is not dangerous. Just ready to defend the villages if I messed up."

Haku activates his mana blade, the blade hums strangely unlike other Arcane Blades. A pair of blades extends from his knuckles like a long Katar and the Arcane blade also extends along outside his arm.

He looks similar to a certain fictional alien warriors who talks without a mouth. His Arcane Blade is totally different, the hum is actually comes from the very high frequency vibration.

Both of the bears growls at him, Haku calmly walk forward until he in between them. He take this position so that the monsters only will aim him. Staying where he were might cause unwanted accidents.

Alicia still look worried but choose to believe Haku as she does not want to be a hindrance for him. She readied a few spell just incase something goes wrong.

Haku remembers the dangers of wounded animal, they are more fierce and deadly once injured. Hence he decide to end this in quick fight.

One of the Manobear charged to him and another one stroll to his flank, it is aiming for the right time to attack.

In short moment the charging Manobear already swinging its huge paw down to Haku. The blade like sharp claws cuts down with the enormous power and speed. This attack can easily tore a full armored man's chest wide open.

Haku did not dodge back, he easily read the attack and move forward. He skillfully slips into the attack and both his arm make a quick reverse slash. One to remove that attacking limb another to cleanly cut the neck.

He appeared behind the bear after briefly disappeared from sight after his counter attack. On his mind there is only one word... Slow.

The other bear which already charging immediately stops after noticing what happen. Alicia noticing that opening shoots her latest water attribute spell.

"|Water Spear|!"

A spear size of water jet flies with a spinning motion with frightening speed. The tremendously pressured water is concentrated at single point piercing through the steel like fur. A clear hole is created until the other side can be seen through it.

Haku watches the Manobear silently drop dead with his face turns pale.

That is a water canon not a spear! thought Haku retorting.

Alicia had perfectly combined high pressure and spinning motion. This create a series of sharp water blade drilling through the Manobear in an instant.

This kind of piercing power is something Alicia never seen before. Thus making her mind goes blank seeing her own spell effect for the first time.

"Great job Alicia, next time warn me before using that again."

Haku patted her head while giving wryly smile, thinking - luckily her aim is good. Alicia woken up from Haku's remark looking at him with glittering eyes.

"Thanks Haku, finally... finally I am proper adventurer! I've killed a monster on my own, a Manobear non the less!"

She wanted to just hug him but with this many spectator so she hesitated, she has to be satisfied with the pat.

That night continued peacefully with the planned feast, Haku properly proposed his suggestion and the idea warmly received by the villagers. The feast continues until all the villagers are full and later disperse to their homes.

Haku is now walking toward the house before he sensed something again.

"I knew it..." He whispered to himself while feeling a bit conflicted.

Nazgand likes this.
  18. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really liking this story. I don't understand what you mean by "of cause", and I think "blade like" should be "bladelike".
    Keep up the good work!

19. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sh1457 likes this.