LCD Dragon-Blooded War God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SilverTap, Dec 10, 2015.

1. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who wants to discuss about this novel, that in my opinion was pretty commun, but now seems pretty nice, since our MC became a Bloody-dragon-vamp rsrsrs!!
    Seriously this novel has becoming more promising per day, and has a god pace, also i got the felling that it has become more like MGS, absorbing the enemy's strength seems a really op, and cool ability for me.

Ps: I hate his mother, how can she be like that?!?!?!

Saitama likes this.
  2. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I hate his mother too especially now that's she's turning a new leaf after she sees the potential in him I'm sure if he was still the same useless cultivator from before she wouldn't even regret treating him the way she treated him but since he shows so much potential now to that point that he is a genius/monster then of course she'll regret how she treated him not to mention the other guy she was going to get married to betrayed her and she used to think his whole family was full of geniuses but now that she sees the potential in her son she turns out to be an all caring loving mother of out no where that regrets her actions

Bullocks!
    Before someone tries to defend her let me ask you if he were to still be the same useless cultivator as before would she even care? No. If the wedding went as planned would she even bat an eye? Nah
    This is a woman that kept saying she didn't even consider him part of the family through his whole life

3. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    She's just a poor lonely woman who made the wrong choices while trying to find her own happiness, why the hate?
    I didn't like her much but she never technically harmed Long Chen so, I'd rather have them discuss things through maybe. There's something underlying here.

And yeah, this time Saitama I'll defend her :D
    I actually think now that this thing with the Bai family turned out wrong, we'll get some explanations as to why she acted like that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  4. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    See I can't have sympathy for her because if he weren't an upcoming genius or if things with the bai family didn't turn out to be an utter mess she wouldn't even consider him her son her reasoning for hating him was because he looked like his father the person she hated the most since his father turned into a cripple/trash after getting married to her

UnknownSaint171, SilverTap and Arua like this.
  5. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, his mother love his father very much, but disappointed. Then, her love became hate.
    "If you love someone because something, your love will gone if that something gone" or something like that.

hillybilly and SilverTap like this.
  6. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think you are right about the mess with the Bai clan. Without that, she wouldn't have changed her mind I think.

However, I'm not sure the fact that Long Chen showed his prowess alone would have changed anything. Long Qinglan, the father was a well-known genius when he arrived... and Long Chen showing limitless potential would have just reminded her of his father.

After the recent chapters, I thought back to her behaviour. She really wanted him to leave the Clan at some point and that was rather hateful of her, but when thinking back:
    - When she asked him to leave, she gave him money
    - When he was talking back to her and making fun of her, she never actually raised her hand on him, however pissed she was

So I'm just saying but her hatred may be more directed against Long Qinglan rather than against Long Chen. Like some victim of rape who just can't bare to feel maternal love if they end up pregnant.
    I'm not saying she's like that, but maybe what she feels is similar: she hated Long Qinglan enough to reject her son because he reminded her of him... but not to the pointing of wanting him harm.

There have been several passages hinting something like that and I think we'll get more explanations after the current crisis is resolved.

Anyway, I can't say I'll forgive and love her once we understand what happened, but I think I won't hate her either. Right now my point of view is rather neutral about her.

SilverTap and Saitama like this.
  7. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    His mother loved how much of a genius his father was otherwise she wouldn't have turned into a total dick right after he became trash
    Oh I know she still gaved him money and never raised her hand its just sad that she never acknowledged him as her son poor kid was all alone

SilverTap and Arua like this.
  8. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    True, Long Chen wasn't really lucky with that family... neither the mother nor the father really cared about him. Actually, I feel like the father had it easy. He apologized, gave away his "legacy" and died and that was all, Long Chen never had the chance to properly talk it through with him lol. Moreover, I feel like Long Qinglan was the origin of all the troubles between the idiot mother and stubborn son aha.
    Anyway, they deserve the worst parents award for sure.

SilverTap, Osaleh and Saitama like this.
  9. Osaleh

Osaleh Nightmare Serpent Bloodline Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I think the family situation should be more complicated that what we see, cause when a mother has a child she will have strong psychological and emotional attachments, so I assume Chen's father lost his ability after Chen was born and then the following separation resulted in Chen being ignored and husband and wife going at it, or so I assume. And so Chen's mother's hate for her husband was reflected on her son due to Chen's similarity to his father, that's how she distances herself from Chen. And yet I make no excuse for her actions, because she is still a horrible mother, because blatant and open abuse from a mother is far better than the kind of cold, uncaring way she treated him, cause at least then he could whole heartedly hate her, but no, he simply has to suffer in the feelings inferiority and weakness his mother places on him. And to be clear, his father is in no way clear of blame for what he did before he died, for all men regret on the death bed, it was only that he asked for forgiveness that brings him any pardon at all from the life he gave his son ..... *sigh* ..... at least Chen's gonna get out of that little town and be big somewhere else I hope ....

SilverTap, Saitama and Arua like this.
  10. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely agree
    *cries in spanish* poor chen we believe in you

SilverTap, Osaleh and Arua like this.
  11. Ogami-kun

Ogami-kun 『Blue Shadow ensnaring demons』『FA sect disciple』

Reading List:
    Link
    It is even worse, she gave him money not to help him, but like a payment to an outsider

12. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    thats what i took the money as
    as a "here 50bucks i dont want to see you ever again"

Ogami-kun and SilverTap like this.
  13. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    Been awhile since I read this so correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he orginally have talent to cultivate, but since his mother's family never really taught him like all the other children he never really flourished.

hillybilly, Saitama and SilverTap like this.
  14. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me tell you why i hate her, it is because i felt anguish when she pretered the other children then her own, she never teach hin any "breathing"/basic skills, never give him any resources (she was the responsible for resources distribution in the clan), she never hugged him or pay any attention to him.
    When he protected his cousin from the wolfs, he was blamed. When other bullied him, she never protected him. And the first time when he stood against her, she didnt hit him (because she couldn't, he was under first-uncle protection), told him to live the clan, and didnt belive his warnings.
    I hate her because she wasnt a bad mother, because she wasnt even a mother (truth to be told).
    Even if she carried hatred against his father, she should not perssue vengeance against the son.

hillybilly and Saitama like this.
  15. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    the mother can go die she treated him worse than an animal I would have been a little bit lenient if her attitude didn't change as soon as she saw his potential

16. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That uncle is reeeeal lucky his daughter is a nice girl.

17. hillybilly

hillybilly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is the one of the most hateful character I can think of. She loved Qinglan because of his talent and left when it was gone, then was that really love or just relationship based on her own benefit ? So her resulting loneliness or whatever is created by herself and then blaming her husband. Marriage means the said pair will go through thick and thins together and not abandoning. Well forget about everything else but what kind of bitch will shows 'that kind of reaction' when her husband dies ? Well there ought to have at least little bit of sympathy for dead (we third party are feeling bad about it).
    It was not Long Chen's mistake to be born as her son. Where is the affection of mother ? But now when he shows his martial prowess, betrayed by her so 'loved' Bai Zhanxiong now she comes to realize she was wrong and that is obvious because now the situation is in Long Chen's favor. If opposite were to be true then as per story-line she wouldn't have even bothered by it even when Bai Zhanxiong killed Long Chen right before her eyes, because she would say the some shit and liken him with Qinglan so he deserves to die.
    I don't know whether author failed to redeem her or it was purposefully so, but she is beyond redeem.

SilverTap likes this.
  18. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't just because of his power. Although we don't have the full picture, considering how his father treated him and all we can assume he joined for the seal and somehow that talisman weakened and did not allow him to cultivate. When he realized that, he despaired and did like all "tough" guy and started drinking and whoring. The husband pushed his wife you can 100000% certain of that. As for how she reacted to his death, well they were essentially a divorced couple at this point, the only issue is that divorce is not a real thing in their culture. When he died she could finally get a "real" partner, not an asshole. I notice your marriage comment and I hear you, but when sometimes this just ain't goiing to work. I find hilarious that people really believe they can make promise like that and believe this will really work no matter what, this would only be a reality if humans were unfeeling robots that believed their words is the most important thing.

For the father bit, I don't have much dislike for the mother.

On the other hand, she's an extremely bad parent for lashing out on her son for his father's actions. I know it's a common thing because humans are irrational beings but that doesn't excuse in the slightest.

Edit: Calm down with the hyperbole, she's far from being the most hateful character.

SilverTap and hillybilly like this.
  19. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what im saying
    I'm glad he kept him alive but only cause of his daughter
    she just lost a brother and it would be sad if she lost her father as well
    but nonetheless her brother's death was due to his own weak mind
    you lose a fight so you kill yourself? k

SilverTap likes this.
  20. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I thought it was the Bai guy that tried to frame him because the first assasination attempt failed. I just did not expect bullies to kill themselves in Xianxia, they're usually scheming until their death.