Dungeon Hunter and Dimensional Sovereign Permanently Taken Down from Gravity

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by rainbowturtle, Aug 15, 2017.

1. RxSniper007

RxSniper007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whatever happens rainbowturtle-noona you'll always be one of my favorite translators :D <3

2. rainbowturtle

rainbowturtle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Highly unlikely that the last part will happen. In addition, Breakers is the only one aside from DH and DS that is published by Munpia. The others are from different publishers.

Astaroth and Hahhaa like this.
  3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    5 figure number? GGP's paying out of his own pocket? Wow, GGP is rich! Ai-chan wants to make an illegal business of illegally translating novels too! Maybe Ai-chan can even make a paywall and make the readers pay for it. Who knows, maybe Qidian will buy my site for 900k too.

Not that Ai-chan remembers or cares about how much money it took for GGP to sell out to Qidian.

4. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good news then.

5. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, my fav out of the 4, Rebirth of the Heavenly Demon is also there. :/

Too bad, hope they allow it to be resumed after the takedown.

6. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that d#ck is making it sound like he is doing RT a favor. Like seriously man, that's some twisted help.

fanobody likes this.
  7. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    so, it's roughly along the lines of "they're still totally your novels, but we don't actually need you to be involved in the arrangements being made for them." did you give him power of attorney or something? really gotta read the fine print for the first born and immortal soul clause, even if it's never actually used. it's somewhere between nice gesture and overstepping bounds, but all these NDAs getting thrown around lately are somewhat troubling.

Hahhaa and AMissingLinguist like this.
  8. Nigred0

Nigred0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. WeaselLord

WeaselLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    noona?????????????????? rainbow turtle's gender has been confirmed? (I didn't know they had ever stated their gender)

Hahhaa likes this.
  10. Nigred0

Nigred0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's been female... forever ago.

qwertzuiop, Hahhaa, Orion-kun and 4 others like this.
  11. WeaselLord

WeaselLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ........................................................................kinda missed that, :oops:o_O:notworthy::whistle::blobwoah::sweating_profusely:

IVE BEEN READING SINCE BEFORE ARK I SWEAR IM A LOYAL FAN PLEASE DONT HATE ME TURTLE SAMA

12. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    well what can I say? respect the wahmen(that translating).

Hahhaa likes this.
  13. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Well....Dang!!! I'm still waiting for Reincarnator to finish....*sigh*...

14. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    wait the statement says it's korean novel including reincarnator, so does it still continue?( I forgot whom translated it if someone would be kind enough, could you call him?) I forgot where it was translated since I haven't read it for so long.

15. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure you can find people on the wiki to spoil you. Some even have the raw epubs and summaries.

16. Dongasaurus

Dongasaurus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, Gravity busting some shady ass shit bruh...

17. rayn11

rayn11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems the community is on rainbowturtle's side, bad move agreeing to posting the convo, you screwed yourself

18. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn man, you can really tell RT was blindsided, she was defensive and confused the whole convo. and GGP didn't seem to even try and help, just saying, 'uh yeah sorry bout that, uh it's all good, uh no problem really, uh look it's all ok i'm footing the bill and everything, uh sorry can't talk about it, uh why you no sign NDA huh, huh what chu scared of little RT?!?!?!?!'

paraphrasing there but pretty accurate.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  19. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, man. I know he's under pressure, but that not a reason to lash out on everyone, especially your partner.
    But the most lol-able thing is, after all of those salty responses, he had the guts to act surprised…? :facepalm:

Hahhaa likes this.
  20. wewe

wewe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm as clueless as the next guy, but it looks to me like the agreement GGP is having with the publisher is wholly different than any of the previous ones we've seen thus far. Rather than it being a 'license to translate xyz', it's more of a 'license to display a translation of xyz'. The difference? A translator isn't specified at all, so the translation being referred to doesn't have to necessarily come from rainbowturtle; while the current translations are owned by RT, it is illegal for them to be posted publicly, as they don't have a license to do so. GT however, is making a deal for that license, so RT can either allow the current translations to stay on GT (everything's the same, except now GT can host it legally) or take it down and be unable to post it elsewhere (GT would be the only legal place to host the translations, and GT can legally restart the TLing the series).

TL;DR translator has control over the rights to display/move their translation. The deal with GT and the publisher allows GT to host translations of novels from the publisher legally. GT is not limited to using a specific translator's translation, and said translation would only be legal/official/licensed when hosted on GT (should the deal goes through).

If this was a bad sentence, it would read "soon, TLs of Munpia novels hosted on our site will be legal, but if you don't want to stay, you can take your translations with you, but expect DCMAs if you decide to host your illegal translations elsewhere cause GT's the only place where the hostings would be legal, as our agreement with Munpia has nothing to do with you, goodbye."