Discussion Dunnow what to do.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hallow Cause, Sep 24, 2017.

?

What do I do?

1. Just ignore it

22.2%
  2. Tell his gf the truth

29.6%
  3. Discourage him on what he's doing

37.0%
  4. Encourage him on what he's doing

3.7%
  5. Tldr

7.4%
  1. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything is based on your moral values. Personally I believe cheating is one of the worst things you can do to someone. Luckily it isn't an affair during marriage with a kid involved.

I would first confront the friend and tell him you know he is cheating and that if he doesn't tell his girlfriend that he is cheating or breaks up with her for the other girl you will tell his gf. Also does the girl he is cheating with know?

Also, contemplate whether he is a friend worth having. When you are dating someone that is a basic commitment and if they cannot keep that are they a trustworthy person? If they are willing to do it once chances are that they will do it again, especially if there were no repercussions. There is also a quote about being judged by the company you keep. If you just go along with it and don't do anything about it, it could reflect negatively on you.

May be a bit harsh but it's my opinion and I would never support someone cheating.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  2. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a question out of curiosity and because I really want someone’s opinion/POV. Can you redeem cheating? Even if he stopped, he still cheated. I would break up with a cheater especially if we were still just bad and gf. I read “The Same Kind of Different as Me” and in there the white male lead cheats on his wife, but his wife forgives him and they improve their relationship with concilling. Now, they were married with kids and it was in the 19XXs so maybe it was due to that, but if someone was only bf and gf, could cheating be forgiven especially if the cheating is kept a secret?

Deleted member 37987 likes this.
  3. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    its like who or what do you value more, your friend, the girl or your sense of justice or ntr? that would be the easiest way to find an answer but if you tell the girl you must know fully well what the consequence are.. and also do a little background check on why it happened

4. matheenn

matheenn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont agree

5. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Be a cold-blooded person & ignore it.

6. matheenn

matheenn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    never man:)

7. EienMugetsuTensho

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also like to say on the Internet you are not very likely to get serious answers.
    EDIT:
    But let's ask the relationship expert goddess of love and ero @Ai chan.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  8. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, I don't want a severe emotional impact.. So telling them the truth is risky.
    Second, I'm really close with the guy and close with his gf... I'm just average friends with the other girl.
    Third, I don't wanna ignore it cause it might develop future problems that cannot be fixed in any way.
    I know it bust
    Yeah, luckily, they don't have a child. And that's why I wanna tell er the truth so that future problems, which is on a different scale, to pop up.
    And no, the other girl does NOT know about it.... So my friend is the only one being a prick.
    I know, but getting an answer is better than trying to find answers by myself.

9. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I've seen, that kind of thing REALLY depends on the people involved. if cheater 'A' is willing to set things straight ,not sleep around, work towards fixing things, and person 'B' is willing to forgive for past transgressions without allowing the wool to be pulled over their eyes again. though statistically speaking(no actual statistics involved) typically those willing to backstab a loved one like that are likely to do it again.

10. EienMugetsuTensho

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the bare minimum you should do is talk to your friend about it, encourage him to tell the truth or work the situation out, and say that the situation is causing you stress and worry.

11. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    you could always inform his "side chick" and see if she is ok with him using her to cheat?

12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    make a dummy account on some social account/chat or something like that then give a anonymous message to the gf
    Problem solve it's up to the girl if she will believe it.

13. EienMugetsuTensho

Reading List:
    Link
    Any evidence that won't come back to @One and only Elfulus would be good to include.

Send it to both girls letting the other one know that neither knew of the cheating.

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah triangle huh ~ assume da cheater I mean bastard sorry that guy is really love them~
    summon @prongsjiisan cuz he own harem (on marriage level)~
    well if it was me cuz I close both to da bas guy and GF then after warn da guy I will give da GF hint about cheating just two of us~ huehehe who know maybe she already know and have her own way(based own my experience)~ I mean I care about those two cuz they both close to me as how they interpret it I leave they resolve it their own

15. Hallow Cause

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... I'll think about it. But if push comes to shove, then I'll just do it. And if it's about to get out of hand, I'll just bear the brunt and tell them the truth.

16. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    The funny thing is, I saw the same question asked by the opposite gender and almost all the answers said 'it is not your business, or be loyal to your friend'.

Anyways, the real protocal here is, if you want to do something, first confess to your friend that you know, what you know. You also tell him that you are unable to keep it a secret, it would be better if he discloses this himself. He will most probably take an action. If he doesn't. then the real question will arise, would you be able to inform the girl.

17. Hallow Cause

Reading List:
    Link
    I already told him that I know what he's doing. And I'm already planning on doing this: I'm gonna make a dummy account, tell the gf on what happening, and see if she believes on what the anon (me) said. But I'm only gonna do it when push comes to shove. If it really is in a concerning situation, then I'll just face the three of them and tell them what's happening.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  18. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok then...

do it.

although...
    blood is thicker than water... but real loyalty is thicker than blood.

if you're talking about one of those true friends that would go to hell and back for you, then to hell with everyone else - you stick with that friend. that kind of relationship is movie-worthy. if you'd take a bullet for that friend, and he'd do the same- then that's real friendship.

if not- then you're not really close friends, and you can easily afford to put dents in that relationship.

look at it this way- cause he certainly would...
    do the right thing... or BETRAY your friend.

be a minor bastard to the world by doing nothing. hell most won't even know... or...
    be a major bastard to your friend.

Tramsloof likes this.
  19. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever you do, don't inform your friend's GF. That is not your part.

First, meet with your friend. Ask him clearly: Why is he cheating? Is it only 'temporary' (like my friend do)? Is it because he didn't like his old GF anymore? Or he just did it because of he wants to become a Harem King.
    Second, remind your friend of his obligation as BF, and moral norms that are common in your culture, religion, social, whatever. If he didn't feel guilt or any of it... Then... well... you got a bastard as your friend, I think you should reconsider the people you hang out with...
    Third, if you are closer to your friend's GF more so than your friend. Then choose, which one is more dear to you. The GF or BF. If you are closer to the GF, then try to ask the GF about her relationship with BF, is there any major incident going on. Be subtle yet direct in asking her, women like to keep it to themselves. If you think the problem lies not in GF, but in BF. Then damn him to hell. Or if you can, NTR the GF from that bastard BF.
    Four, if you really unsure if you could play an active role. Then, keep yourself on the sides. If you don't have any confidence of having the commitment to see this matter to the end, then never dabble your hand into a jar full of snakes.

Keep us updated if you want to.

Clozdark, Tramsloof and prongsjiisan like this.
  20. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Kid lemme tell you somthing...

Before you worried about other love life. Worried about yours first.

Do you have a gf? Do you have two or three gf, better yet you can ask your friend to share his gf or other girl. Because why not?

Wich country do you live?