LCD Emperor of Solo Play

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Jun 12, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the quest is repeatable? It may not make much sense to spend 100k on a skill book at level 140 (for known skill trees), but it would make perfect sense at level 180+, especially for some of the rarer books.

"this information was a very precious information one couldn’t even buy with money" Isn't that literaly what he's about to do?

If what Woody is saying is true (and the chances of it not being are far less than 1%), then I imagine that the top 30 have donated quite a bit to the Magicians to gain full knowledge of the skill trees. They have the money, and the knowledge is worth it since there doesn't seem to be anything like a respec option.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably but it's class locked. They probably only looked at the 5 light mage categories and the curse magician trees.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they're shortsighted, then sure, but if they're not, then I don't think they'd have any problem with growing throwaway characters to determine if unpopular classes are just hidden gems waiting to be exploited.

4. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of which is irrelevant to MC, even if the large guilds donated the millions of gold (I don't remember exactly how many classes/trees there are) for the detailed knowledge of every tree, they're not going to just publicize it for nothing. He's still going to have to shell out regardless if it's donating the gold or buying the information from a guild.

The only one that has publicly shared the information is that Woody character, if the guilds know about it they've kept it a very tight secret.

5. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think only those who receive the quest can receive a reward by donating. It's probably somewhat rare. If not, the mc would have already known, since he was a bigshot in his past life. He had money and sponsors aplenty for his guild and since they used to be desperate to catch up to the rankers, They would probably have used such a method if the guilds were already doing it. If only out of desperation to not get left behind.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course not. It wouldn't make sense for them to share that kind of info with him unless it was part of a recruitment package.

7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're assuming you can get the quest at a low level. If it's level locked at 100 or something then that's a lot of time to grow a throwaway character. I guess it's not too much of an issue though. They could just have two of their curse magicians buy the other skill trees. There's not much lost then.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I was expecting them to go all the way to 100. Its not like they'd need to be good characters, or even grown by guild members. They could just as easily have a sweatshop type establishment level the characters for them.

I'd honestly be surprised if they weren't doing that sort of thing already to keep their leveling speed up on their more important accounts. Well, unless two different people can't log into the same account of course. Still, they could outsource work for a throwaway character regardless.

Granted, they may not have those level 100 throwaway accounts yet since there wouldn't be much point in them if you don't know about the quest, but they shouldn't be far off from it if the quest is widely known (as seems to be the case).

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have just clicked every single skill once so it would be recorded, then he could review them all later. It wouldn't help with the decision he was about to make, but it would help with all future decisions. As it was, it seemed like he didn't even look at 90% of the tree that he just spent a small fortune to see. Though that may have just been the author hiding the tree from the reader so that he could change it at will.

What past good deeds? I mean, I know he's not really going out of his way to do bad things, but he's definitely not bothering to do good things either.

10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the conversion rate or relative value of in-game gold to real money?

11. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought the same as well, should be fairly easy to scroll over each skill on the tree and screenshot or record it. Maybe he did but author just never stated it.

I guess the good deed in his eyes was letting that guy meet his beloved elves.

12. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> he basically made the dude carry him though? <.< totally really wasn't a good deal though

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  13. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least he's self aware.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a perfect opportunity for him to do one of those "good deeds" he was talking about before ;)

Not that he should pass on the equipment or the circlet, but I'm sure that's not all it drops.

I wonder if you can kill the boss without the quest? If so, he should totally kill it every time it respawns until he's completely outfitted his Knight before releasing the video.

15. Rampage52

Rampage52 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New link is wrong series

16. Qt

Qt Qt is cute

Reading List:
    Link
    wrong chapter too.

17. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear Whistling is one of the rare few players who play this game the way it's supposed to be played, "Living the Fantasy" instead of gold-farming bots like "Pro-gamers".

18. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nice that Ahn-jaehyun was able to identify someone in the game that he could rely on to not have ulterior motives in their relationship.

19. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    epic translator confused of the MC's name "After the brief conversation, they immediately moved into the distance. However, Woojin kept himself hidden even after they disappeared. He closed his eyes, and he thought about what he had just witnessed." chapter 114

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    ‘Everything’s better when all the benefit goes to one person.’ Something tells me he wouldn't feel that way if the one person wasn't him ;)

I thought it said in a previous chapter that it wouldn't provide anything close to enough to make 6 full sets from a single kill?

I wonder if he's going for the sake of helping his friend, or to prevent the circlet from being dropped if he's killed?

Also wondering if Whistling made a video of that conversation. If he did, it should be enough to get Apollo, and Apollo's guild in a ton of trouble, assuming that he's lying about being a guild officer. It may get him in trouble even if he's not though. I doubt anyone who matters actually wanted him to start harassing Fighters guild members.

There was also the guy that the MC teamed up with to open that zone barrier a little while back, and I'm sure there's plenty of others that simply aren't relevant to the story, though most of them are likely of a comparatively low level. Actually paying attention to the story and taking care of your body has its price after all ;)