LCD Emperor of Solo Play

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking that NPCs may be joining the battle as well. If they attack him then they're be considered traitors or something perhaps.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They'd still have options for interfering with him, but yeah, that'd go a long way to making his plan viable.

3. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Binge read the translations in one go. Seems like a nice series. Not sure about the heroine tho. It'd be nice if we got a definitive look at why she did the things she did to the MC in the previous loop. I assume it was just cause he kept rejecting her invitations and she tried to get him through force, but at least from what we see of her in this loop, she is just an obsessed fangirl in love but doesn't really mean any harm.

Honestly tho I don't get the MC. He continues to have so much hate for her and the Stormhunters, but they've not done anything bad to him this time (yet at least). MC is just way too prideful at times. I'm glad he opens up to Pitbull so much since he is a great guy, but I really hope MC decides to give Stormhunters a bit of a chance. Yandere Ojou-sama Che-Selyun needs to kind of...not go as crazy forceful as she did in the last loop too, i suppose, (I imagine she didn't care about the hahoe guild and only pulled them in to try and pull in the MC, or something to that effect), but I do hope MC stops being so spiteful towards Stormhunters soon given that his hatred is completely unfounded in this timeline.

Also...that top ranking mage in Stormhunters, Hatch...*sigh*. Every time theres a part about him...Being Hatch is suffering. :(

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Since he has his past life memories, I'm thinking:-
    1. Plot-hijacking through seizing relevant Quest-Advancement items
    2. MPK with scripted events
    3. Merit hoarding by targeting "secret bosses"
    4. Generally preempting the script.

5. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot but is it him that was going after her guilds incessantly and got PK'ed until lvl 1 or as it her guild that was chasing him until they crippled his accounts ? if its the later I hope he doesn't forgive her guild, in this life or in the former that still have the same personality right ? so scum remain scum.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC's personality is that he's extremely petty and vindictive. He shouldn't forgive them at all because it's not in his nature. She pretty much ruined his life and took the only thing he was good at from him.
    They basically hunted him down and killed him so many times that he fell behind everyone else playing and was no longer competitive.

7. IRainstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for confirming it.
    Thats it, they don't deserve forgiving, they would do the same if it happened again in this time line, just screw them all.

8. RandomComment

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't just her, but all of the top 30 great guilds. In the previous timeline, not only did MC distinguish himself, but he was in the Hahoe Mask guild that threatened to dethrone the top 30 great guilds and take their spots, which was why he was seen as a big threat. On top of that, he was completely merciless in PK and destroyed top rankers one sidedly in fights and duels. This earned him a fair amount of animosity from them as well since they saw him as some upstart new guy threatening their positions and status. As for Che-Selyun, just going by how obsessed she is with him and his style in this timeline, and how obsessed she was in having him in the last timeline as well (like constantly trying to make him submit), she was probably not out to ruin his life but wasn't in a position to be able to protect him since the other top 30 were after him too. If he joined her then the others wouldn't have a reason to fear him since he'd be a competitor but not an outside party threatening them directly.

Yes MC's personality is that way, and I'm glad that he hasn't just suddenly done a 180 now that he has a second chance, but I see the MC questioning his methods, especially meeting guys like the Challenger, Pitbull and Zeet, who played to truly enjoy the game. He learned to envy them who were able to enjoy the game and not grind it for revenue. He also just recently started thinking about what his goal even was, like what would he even do once he became #1 and such. Plus, in this timeline, Stormhunters hasn't done anything bad to him. Remember, in the last timeline, all the top 30 guilds started pursuing him but in this one he was quick to forgive Red Bulls cause they were cooperative. Him hating on Stormhunter is just a personal grudge against Che-Selyun in particular from the looks of it, but she is being much more tame in this timeline. She sent invitations and such, sure, and even the red skeleton set, but hasn't gone all "join me or die" on him. I dunno, seeing MC being true to himself and his personality is great (like how he isn't a blind white knight) but seeing some development in him would be great too.

...*sigh*...maybe I'm just trying to justify my ship. Or I have a thing for ojou-sama types. Or both.

Damyabo likes this.
  9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like she was the one who put the entire plan into practice. Plus she's the one who convinced his guild to betray him.

10. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain why does this novel have romance tag? I can only think of 1 female character in entire story and she is someone MC hates

11. IRainstorm

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably the type of romance that happen at last chapter with an epilogue lol.

12. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me what the entire conspiracy with the Helper guild and putting him on the kill list is? I tried making a thread for EoSP but no one answered there.

13. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe MC's zombies are females?

viprei likes this.
  14. RandomComment

Reading List:
    Link
    zombie harem confirmed. He has so many archetypes too. He has the warriors, the mages, the death knights, the golem. Wonder what kind of girl he'll add next to the harem.

Real talk, I tried (and failed) to look for spoilers of this series but I imagine the romance tag means its either tagged incorrectly or that there is late romance. At least, the female in the story doesn't seem to hate the MC, although he hates her.

15. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember that a death is also accompanied by a 48 hour lockout from playing the game. He was killed enough to become irrelevant and then before he went into quintessential slave labor he got hit by truck-sama.

His thoughts before death were along the lines of "If only I didn't have a late start. I'll save up and wait for a new game to come out and be at the top this time."

16. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in his first life, the Queen is partially at fault.

The Queen wanted him that badly, to the point that she made a decision "if I can't have you, i'll have everything that belongs to you so that you'll be willing to be with me".

Note, the "with me" part isn't an equal relationship. Its just something that the Queen wanted, that possessiveness to the point that if she can't have it, nobody else can have it.

Earlier there was a question / discussion about the Hahoe Mask guild. The Queen was manipulating a lot of things behind, and didn't even bother to step in to "call dibs" (unlike this current timeline). All because she wanted Hahoe Mask in entirety. I don't think she actually would have to see Hahoe Mask unwilling to submit to her, even when she engineered the betrayal of the entire guild (again, she wanted everything of him). The reason why Hyrkan got so pissed off about the betrayal, was because in essence the "semper fidelis" didn't apply in Stormhunters guild. It was possible in Hahoe Mask guild because they literally flicked the middle finger to status quo, literally living "carpe diem" (to seize the day). I think in the very early chapters, one of the "traitors" told Hrykan that they wanted to join the Stormhunters because they were the top dogs, which basically went against everything that Hyrkan's original Hahoe Mask guild's motives for playing the game for. That realization that the guildmates were no longer living to seize the day, but consolidating, to be fearful, to be no longer living for the group (that semper fidelis thing again), created that bitterness in Hyrkan to the point that he vowed to play as a solo class, and play as a solo character.

Now we're seeing cracks in Hyrkan's initial goal. He wanted to be alone. He wouldn't trust anyone. However, we're seeing cracks in that vengeful worldview. He learnt to start to accept the fact that there are players that he can be with, and whom he can't be with (especially where he can't drag them into his life, his style, because he respects the fact that the opposite party is trying to enjoy the game in their own way; case point being some individuals and small groups, and especially PitBull. It was a stark contrast to the beginning of the story where he wouldn't even give two hoots to helping strangers, etc.

We know the story will end VERY soon. But how does it end? I don't know. I really do want to know. I hope its satisfactory.

The matter of the Queen's personality is an entirely different animal altogether. She's not what I'll call a Yandere, but neither a tsun as well.

UnknownSaint171 and SerialBeggar like this.
  17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why didn't he just do an interview and chastise the 30 top guilds for not helping the Users in their time of need? There are plenty of reasonable arguments he could make during the interview, including the truth.

18. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first thought was also taking an interview to call out the guilds, the previous chapter was setting something up so we'll have to wait and see.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that I'll like what he's planning more than if he just tried to have the 30 guilds do it. If he can pull this off without any of the guilds getting involved then he'll get a massive headstart on them. The titles only went to those with the highest contribution.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If all it took was attacking from below, then anyone with a halfway decent AoE could easily do the same by shooting the ground.

I wonder how frustrated Hyrkan will be when he has to turn down that bribe ;)