End of the Old Generation

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by maxx26, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    It was way too funny at times. Gave me some hearty laughs. Not as much as Grand Blue, now that cracks me up sometimes. To the extent that I can't breathe. And don't forget Horimiya, the I can't enter the men's bath because I am on my period cracked me up.

Ophious and noarmado like this.
  2. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    with some confirmations of ships and some rumors oh possible ships

3. Hiji

Hiji [Unlucky soul]

Reading List:
    Link
    It shouldn't be "End of the Old Generation" more like another one of the old generation has ended

Cause there's still one piece, hajime no ippo, detective Conan etc going on

4. Panzaro

Panzaro It's just mayonnaise~

Reading List:
    Link
    Garuto: Modern Ninja Warfare
    Moruto: Space Ninjas
    Soluto: the one with a female mc that everyone didn't like
    Karuto: didn't exist
    Joruto: the pre pre pre pre pre pre quel
    Lamuto: live action
    Zaruto:.....

SirPinha, ADABANA and pirateking36 like this.
  5. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres one thing we can all agree on. Berserk will never end, completed or no.

6. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Conan is a big one? The manga is shit and repetitive as hell after the first 50 chapters.

7. Pleasantly-plump

Pleasantly-plump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would what the new Big 3 will look like?

8. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FT, nah I dropped it long ago. Those nakama power annoyed me like bitch$. In fact I stop reading shounen action manga except Hunter x Hunter. I got disappointed by HQ holder or whatever it is called. Now I mostly read seinen manga

9. Almerish

Almerish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly its sad to see it but it is the end of an era. The big 3 are coming to a close. Hell even One Piece will be ending some if Oda keeps with what he said originally in the first few volumes. And so far Oda hasn't really gone back on anything he said plot wise since the beginning. So lets just say One Piece ends in like 2-3 years. What series will take the place of the big three? And in my opinion I don't believe there will be any. Really if you think about what 3 series before the big 3 were known or viewed as such? And since the big 3 were given their throne none have knocked them off even after they have ended. Its because the big 3 set the mold that all animes/ mangas have tried to emulate. Naruto is the stereotypical ninja / martial arts, bleach stereotypical sword fighting / samurai, and one piece the stereotypical kind of western style (fist fighting with guns, swords, and magic). I am interested to see what series will take the role as the next generation flag ship/s series. However I am also worried that there might not be any. I am seeing this in younger audiences where they are viewing shows such as One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, DBZ, and Gurren Lagann as horrible shows just cause they are 'old' and only popular with 'that' generation of manga readers and anime watchers. I feel as if this rift is going to keep the community away from finding a series or even more than one to just fall in love with and dub it the pillar of a generation like we did with the big 3.

10. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I read those two too. Though the rate of update of grand blue is torturous.

11. maxx26

maxx26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I'm scared of.

12. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You got sick of that, go talk to people who stuck with initial d till the end. "I wonder if they'll make it around another turn next week" < that is a completely viable question and in quite a few chaps the answer was no

13. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care if the rest is ignored or open, all I know is that Griffith is dead and possibly tortured, or the author is going to be hunted down by the fans xD.

Griffith is the anime version of the punk from game of thrones. A near unanimous outcry calling for his painful death.

14. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Given how I read it all till the end, I can say for one thing that is certain. It had potential at the beginning and was good for a few arcs. However, down the line it started having a quality drop. Real noticeable as you kept on reading the series. Only reason why I read it still was because of my desire to finish things that I started. That and seeing what happens at the end (such as ships and such.) I can say I was fairly disappointed.
    Like how Mavis and Zeref got reincarnated. I expected their deaths to be permanent, but nope. They arrive at the party via author to have a 'happy end.' Also...Cheryl was not able to use anymore magic IIRC. Due to the severe consequence earlier on in a battle. It's funny, years of reading and I get this. *Sigh* Oh well...at least it's over.

15. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, didn't know that. Still, Bleach ran longer.

So that means One Piece is the only one left out of the big three...

16. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Hunter x hunter hasn't ended

17. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* no one remembers Golgo 13? That's literally the longest-running manga series in history... 185 volumes from 1968 until now. (By comparison, One Piece only has 85 volumes and started in 1997...)

18. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I droped Bleach after Aizen arc (it should have ended here... After this is just meh)
    I've read naruto until The end cuz of Hinata... The only character that i realy liked...
    FT droped after The first apearance of The Black dragonslayer guy... (It made me sad... Cuz i realy love Rave Master)

The Ones The i realy read now, from The old generation is Two Piece (quite The bad Pun this is...) and Berserk... After those only Black Clover and some based on novels...