Recommendations Epic fantasy

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ludwig, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well like the title say a epic fantasy, with at least some romance and a male protagonist.
    I am looking for a series who has several books at least and i want the focus to be on the protagonist
    or at least on a group of characters (like a party ) not like several who are "separated" (like game of thrones).

Series that i have liked:
    The Stormlight Archive
    Codex alera
    Wheel of time
    the lightbringer
    War god

It would be a plus a if the mc is a knight but it isn't too important. And it would be better if the story is not too dark. Thanks.

2. kainee

kainee 「Lazy Lurker」【Overlord of Slumber】

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
  4. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen Series by Steven Erikson. OP Gods, Elder Races, Heros, and Villains literally everywhere. The first book is a bit meh (though Anomander Rake is a beast), but the last 9 books are the best epic fantasy books I've seen. Although the Stormlight Archive is on pace to eclipse it if Sanderson keeps up the good work.

I'd also suggest the large series of books by Raymond E Feist.I have to admit I like the beginning couple of series the most, but the epic saga of the magician Pug eventually comes to a good conclusion after the 17th book or so. Quite a few of the books foray into side characters and world building, but the plot consistently moves forward (I particularly enjoyed the Talon of the Silver Hawk series). Definitely an epic fantasy series.

I could recommend you many fantasy books, but for epic fantasy I think these are the big ones.

Ludwig likes this.