LCD Epoch of Twilight

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, May 15, 2017.

1. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 7 ctrl + f evaluation, chapter 20 ctrl + f comment

2. Zenobys

Zenobys Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Without referring to the RAWs, the huge difference in terms suggest that it should be the author's usage of words in his RAWs that led to that. Not all the authors keep a detailed database of how they used to phrase the system messages, and naturally, this would lead to inconsistencies. With that said, the inconsistencies in how things are worded should not be a big problem in allowing the author to convey their intended message for the story. I guess what we as translators can do to improve would be to pay attention to system messages that are supposed to be standardized and make a database for them so that they will be the same. It's not that easy though because sometimes it is hard to differentiate between an author's oversight or a hidden plot device which he may pull out later.

We would go back and edit the files but we do not have any access to Qidian's system right now and would have to wait till they are ready to release a system for us to log in. For now, just bear with the inconsistencies and try to enjoy the story for its plot. Sorry for the errors and have fun reading!

ChaosG, Morvian, emry and 1 other person like this.
  3. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    mc will wait till the fruit to ripe :p

4. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    great novel mc act like Da man (y)(y)(y)

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the zhanmado called a machete now?

6. Zenobys

Reading List:
    Link
    Just confirmed it with the translators in the team. This is a mistranslation by one of them that we also happened to overlook. As the occurence of this mistranslation is quite numerous, and we do not yet have access to the database, please forgive us for being unable to correct it immediately. In any case, all occurences of machete should be replaced with Zhanmadao.

Morvian likes this.
  7. solrial

solrial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested in the novel. Is the complain about translation from Qidian novel page true? I mean "You took liberties with chapter 18, and didn't translate large portions of it. You edited in your own words to make it flow better since so much was removed... I mean really?? That's like defacing the original author's work, because you don't agree, or are too childish when it came to translating the 'sexual' portions of his book.".

8. Zenobys

Reading List:
    Link
    We do not remove translations. One point to note is that RAW sources may be different. While QI provides us with RAWs when requested, sometimes it is much easier for any of our translators to just Google search for the RAWs. I'm saying that there might be a possibility that the RAW is different since we have encountered such scenarios before.

We do not change or remove content intentionally. We are paid to translate and we would do so in the best way we can to preserve our jobs. There is no reason for us to expend more effort to modify content and then make it flow smoothly.

If you could provide us with the chapter number, and pointing out the specific paragraph, I would try on my end to look into it by comparing both the RAWs we have on hand with the RAWs that I would request from Qidian to see if there are indeed such inconsistencies. If there are any, we would naturally rectify them as soon as we can.

We apologize if there are indeed inconsistencies and we hope you continue to enjoy reading ET as well as many of our other novels. Cheers friend!

ChaosG and Morvian like this.
  9. solrial

solrial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the clarification. It supposed to be from ch 18 but I don't know either. I took that quote from one of the reviews from QI website when I was checking Epoch of Twilight page earlier.

10. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    1.45 meter long knife? isn't that a sword?

11. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And so, stick to reviewing here, since it's impossible to even reply to a comment the, no?

12. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sitting more than a week waiting for the food to run out - and no one even tried to create any protective devices against such mosquitoes?
    It shouldn't be hard to create some kind of half-sphere made out of wire that would prevent them from getting near the humans inside it.

13. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how much the MC can judge this dude since when he had no problems fucking his dead friend's wife just some days after his death. The guy was a coward sure but the MC isn't the epitome of moral high ground. Feels like the husband was thrown in for synthetic emotional pull.

14. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    from wang shishi, i learn something that i want to ask.

is there chinese here? is it true what author make this shishi character say?

15. Zenobys

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it would help if you included what the character has specifically said. Not too sure which statement you are referring to.

16. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    her friend same age i think about 8 - 12 is her age right?
    she tell MC that her friend doing sex already nowadays.

17. Zenobys

Reading List:
    Link
    Without referring to the text, I am under the assumption she is 16. I've read past that entire point and can't recall how old she is exactly.

18. ChaosG

ChaosG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is still ongoing. Chapter 464 was released on May 19, 2017 but it looks like the updates slowed down from looking at the previous chapter date. Wang Shishi is 14 years old from what I checked from the raws.

Zenobys likes this.
  19. Zenobys

Reading List:
    Link
    Would like to clarify to our readers once again that we used a set of RAWs that did not contain the mature scenes in c18. I have talked to QI about it and they will provide us with RAWs next week. However, I would like to add that we have already translated 200 chapters so there may still be parts left out. I would like our readers to provide help by notifying us of these missing parts should you stumble upon them and we will try our best to add any missing content as soon as we can.
    Please dont go berserk or rage about it as we did not foresee nor did we expect that there would be people who would edit RAWs for their own pleasure.

ChaosG likes this.
  20. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suggest that you need to put this into the Qi releases.

Here, we're "interactive". Over there in QI's website, its "reactive".

ChaosG likes this.