Question Er gen novels

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ldiefeaith00, May 1, 2017.

1. ldiefeaith00

ldiefeaith00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys. I am currently reading the I SHALL SEAL THE HEAVENS, but then i just have these shower thoughts, if the novel of er gen is already completed in chinese, are there any recommendation you have on what first to read, just like star wars where you first watch ep. 4 5 6 and then later on 1 2 3, we all know that all of the novels of er gen has a connection and its all in the same universe so i just want to ask is there an order whats first to read?

2. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't, the characters live in the universe without knowing each other existence

3. Sethnix

Sethnix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I like to watch stuff chronological, so I would start with ep1

Inb4 I get lynched by some crazy mob

4. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Meng Hao knows Wang Lin's "existence". It was hinted.

5. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    But he didn't know his identity.

6. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not true at all. I'd wager the order the novels were written is the same order in the universe they're all set in

7. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    You only said existence not identity!

8. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to read them in a particular order, they are connected to each other but not by much.

9. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    I never understood people who ask which novel they should read first or which order to read novels in (like TMW vs MW) theres no law saying you can't read them both at the same time...?

10. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the order in star wars is don't watch 1,2, and 3 at all. They suck

Sugarthepug likes this.
  11. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i was just reading ISSTH but theres so many spoilers in other novel by er gen in issth explained by deathblade so it was just confusing becoz i think theres must be an order on what to read first just like theres so many char appearing in issth that has a connection on RI.

12. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    You just give the most awesome answer boss..thanks

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  13. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Renegade immortal would be a good one to start with before issth but I believe that DB didn't totally spoil it. He just explained some of the connections made between the books

chencking likes this.
  14. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah right! I was reading 9gag and 1 of this post recommend to watch LOTR in this order and it was just the most epic thing i watch its like jigsaw puzzle falling in the exact spaces. So i just want to read all er gen novels in a chronological order that you can exp. The most awesomeness.

15. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i know Boss DB didnt actually spoil it was just an explanation on whats the connection between the 2 but its just pique my interest to read the other stuff of er gen becoz..there this connection bet. The 2. And it just hit my curiosity if theres an order or chronological line up in er gen novels

16. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God, Devil, Immortal, Demon and Ghost. All of Er Gen's novels are about one of the epitome.

Meng Hao is lord Demon.
    Read Renegade Immortal

17. methael

methael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe , renegade immortal came first. Then came beseach the devil and then came issth. Finally his recent novel is the A Will Eternal. - That is release wise.

But in terms of timeline i believe beseach the devil comes before renegade immortal.

Archaic pickle likes this.
  18. Tnyhy

Tnyhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    U maybe would like to try teh machete way just ignore episode 1

19. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Start with whichever you like. ISSTH and AWE are a bit on the comedic side with ISSTH being serious and gory at times. Renegade Immortal is just plain gory with a loner-esque aspect. I haven't read Beseech the Devil yet but from what I read in spoilers, it's a serious novel. As the novels are separated by eras of cultivation (cultivation systems fall and change. Even the places they lived and travelled have completely changed. Basically, an innumerous amount of time passes between novels that the MCs become myths in the sequel novels). ISSTH does reference previous works but in a tongue and cheek manner. mostly in the form of techniques, descendants, cultivation paths of the universe and
    one of wang lin's clone from when he was trying to find a way to revive/keep alive his OTP.
    ISSTH also 'spoils' the reason for why the MCs in the previous novels cultivated in their path in one chapter but the descriptions given in that chapter could also be taken as a novel description/summary. The only one I don't know about is the 'Against Heaven' which was a sequel to Renegade Immortal but did not garner attention and was cancelled. Like I said, each one is separated by a lot of time passed and could be taken as a stand alone piece which has a connecting destiny that might only come into fruition when
    all cultivating paths are complete (god - wang ling, devil - su ming, demon - meng hao, ghost, immortal). one of the 2 remaining paths is already taken as there was a person who already achieved it before the start of the novels but some people have speculated that AWE is telling that persons journey.

20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    So that's why people don't know where awe falls on the timeline. I just assumed he was the immortal but thanks for clarifying. That story jut got a lot more interesting now that the end result is uncertain