LCD Etranger

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sosseres, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Etranger is about a female translator and a male veteran participating in a joint parachute exercise. When they land they ended up outside of the practice area and can not see any signs of civilisation, the trees seem strangely weak in this unknown place as well.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/etranger/

This reminds me a bit of Gate in that it seems to try for a realistic military fiction in another world. The major difference being that it is two people and not a nation, thus changing focus from war to what will likely turn out to be survival. It is interesting that the trees are so easy to handle, since they could pull them out it seems they aren't that weak since the roots or tree would have broken before the ground. So likely they are very strong for some reason...

dryzzle likes this.
  2. awesomedude2215

awesomedude2215 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im waiting for a few chapters to pile up. My only problem is that there are only 140 something chapters, that seems too short. Hooe the author puls it off well.

3. zelos

zelos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see a lot of potentiell in this one. I am a little dissapointed with the game element tag thought, usually a sign of lazy writing.

dryzzle and Sircus like this.
  4. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is something that appeals to me to some regard. That means it is at most a trilogy in normal book terms. Instead of being something like the XANTH or VALDEMAR series in normal books. Not all series should aim at ending up on https://bookwraiths.com/2014/10/02/top-21-longest-fantasy-series/ . :)

No game elements thus far, don't know when they will show up or how they will be implemented. I don't see a problem with them since they can skip that entire part of the background and focus on other areas. Similar to people writing D&D, Warhammer or Star Wars fiction, you get a lot of stuff for free to start writing from.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  5. sonablu

sonablu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems nobody checked in on this forum. I'm gonna drop some of thoughts here about this novel..

MCs ARE AMAZINGLY MATURE THIS IS SO GODDAMN RARE I LOVE TO SEE IT.

They don't turn into cold blooded killers that has zero empathy. They're people trying so hard to hold onto their humane side, to hold onto their morales as humans, because so many changes happened to them the only thing they wish to hold onto the things they still have control over.

The game element isn't by any means a cheat system for the mc. In fact the game elements are only prevalent in the first arc.

But I need spoilers please because
    San, the ML prior to being Isekaid is a married man with a daughter. However after spending around 2 years with Biyeon, the two developed feelings for each other.

San had confessed and they've kissed. They slept together in the literal sense of sleeping next to each other due to them trying to survive with each other.

But They never did anything more because San still thinks about his wife, at one point calling out to her on the day of her birthday. It was mentioned that San, when trying to recall about his wife, the image of his wife starts to overlap with Biyeon.

So I'm really really conflicted right now ughhh, like at one point would he find out about the situation with his wife, that maybe she had already moved on from him, or maybe they really have zero chance of return so San moved on from his wife and make it real with Biyeon. Just something about his relationship with his wife oh god because I feel so incredibly when I shipped the two together rigt now, and I want to ship in peace.

6. BlackHoundXyn

BlackHoundXyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm conflicted about this, too. I want to ship them but I want San to be loyal to his wife but I want to ship them! Ugh! I want to ship them peacefully, too. (。ŏ﹏ŏ)(●´⌓`●)

chopper forever likes this.
  7. esskay92

esskay92 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you ever find out?? Now that the manhwa version is being released, I’m starting to read the novel.

I read in the comments that
    they’re essentially “cloned” versions of themselves from Earth and that their Earth originals are continuing to live their life, so San and Biyeon don’t go back.

8. Nazo400

Nazo400 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clone wars
    part 2 anyone? xD sorry bad joke